Should "essences" be implemented in the core game?

How are essences useless?

I dumped 3 Woe few days ago, on White 84 Titanium shield, 88 Vaal Regalia, and another 84 shield. I haven't used single scouring orb, all 3 were first try. Few essences after were bricked, so I stopped as I got what I need. I can just imagine how crazy items people get if they dump few essences every day.

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Will essences be added in to the core game?
Yes, obviously.

Nope.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
They take up about half a stash tab. Essences translate into more stash tab pressure on long-term players, which means more stash tab sales.

Players who buy stash tabs already have a reason to keep buying stash tabs.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
G0rr wrote:
I can just imagine how crazy items people get if they dump few essences every day.

A Vaal Regalia with only a 3L? *chuckle*
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I think a great litmus test as to whether or not they should be permanent, is how they impacted the league.

Perandus MASSIVELY impacted the league, and values of items. Too powerful. Not added to the game.

Prophecy had a very moderate impact to economy and overall play. Not too powerful. It was added to the game.

Essences feel very much around the same power level. They are an awesome way to add flavor to rares. But still rely on RNG to be ZOMG amazing. I watched a guy blow 30 T7 essences and still not have a great rare on his hands.

This would be a great addition to standard. It will enhance the economy, and give us something to further play with without breaking anything. I hope they add it.
"
Deliverme wrote:

Perandus MASSIVELY impacted the league, and values of items.

I read that Perandus had the largest player population for the longest time throughout the whole league.

Was that incorrect?

If it is correct, why is this something to avoid?

Spoiler
Oddly enough I immediately thought of Talisman all over again when I read the description of combing essences up from tier one. Wasn't that crazy grind part of why Talisman was not popular/not added to the base game?

Seemed to me that Essence copied all the bad parts of Talisman and kept none of the good parts...
I don't see how this league made rares great again, they just made them slightly easier to make. Except for a few of the highest/corrupted tiers. Most of these mods were something we could already roll.

I didn't find the essence monsters very engaging either. They either died way too fast or felt like tanks when they had 3+ mods on them. It also takes away from having any tension since you have to spawn them your self.

This probably wouldn't work as a zana mod because you would have to invest currency into getting currency back... when you could have just bought the item to begin with. Unless it was like 3-5 essnece monstesr with multi mods or something. This would feel weird as zana thing.

I wouldn't be sad if this wasn't brought into the game.
I'll miss the fights against the trapped essence mobs, and lament the layering of more complexity ahead of 3.0. I don't think many of these essences are healthy for the economy though.
"
SudianX wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:

Perandus MASSIVELY impacted the league, and values of items.

I read that Perandus had the largest player population for the longest time throughout the whole league.

Was that incorrect?

If it is correct, why is this something to avoid?

Spoiler
Oddly enough I immediately thought of Talisman all over again when I read the description of combing essences up from tier one. Wasn't that crazy grind part of why Talisman was not popular/not added to the base game?

Seemed to me that Essence copied all the bad parts of Talisman and kept none of the good parts...

Sorry, I meant that the perandus mod massively impacted the overall league in terms of economy, reward being Too high. The impact of that mod MADE the league. Most mods like prophecy, or Essence more enhance the league.

Does that make sense?
I think the best way is Prophecy like "Monsterous Treasure". All monsters are Essences.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
G0rr wrote:
I can just imagine how crazy items people get if they dump few essences every day.

A Vaal Regalia with only a 3L? *chuckle*

Wish I have your luck dropping only 6 linked items. 8)
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info