Should "essences" be implemented in the core game?

So, we are approaching the last month of this league. I dont think GGG has said anything about the future of the essences after this league. So I was wondering, before getting an official statement from them, what would you do if you were in GGG's position. Maybe your opinion can influence their final decision, since they will surely read the posts here.

Do you think it would be good to implement the Essences in the core game, and have them the next leagues, or do you think this things aren't worth to be implemented?
Last edited by Serge91 on Oct 25, 2016, 7:46:32 AM
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2016, 9:34:07 AM
As a Std player, I hope it will be in core game
IGN TylordRampage
Essences are ok and I think GGG should keep them in permanently. Their drop rate is high enough right now to be finding 9 often enough to be useful. Unfortunately, GGG (if they make it permanent) will nerf the drop rates so it will take 1000 maps to get a full set and make them worthless.

I don't give a damn that "it's what they do". GGG should never nerf the drop rates on these and other items, silver coins, divi-cards, level 60+ rare amulets, etc. It makes their use too rare for all but no-lifers zombie players.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 25, 2016, 8:09:00 AM
Yes, I hope so. They are great for directed gambling. But even if they are: meh.

These mechanics become unusable once they are in the mix with such low occurrences. I come across maybe 4 vaal zones before getting to mapping... and maybe complete 3 prophecies?

Throw in 3 or 4 essences and I have to ask, what is the point of actually including it in the game?

At least the strongboxes and rogue exiles are frequent enough to find.
They billed it as "making rares great again". I can't imagine they meant "making rares great again for three months only".
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I hope not. At least as Essence is right now, I hope not. And this is from a player who skipped Essence league completely. It would further break Standard, Hardcore, and all future leagues.

1.) Essence fights that are sometimes more difficult than map bosses. Balance issues.

2.) The top two essences of each category are the same as chaos orbs? Currency confusion, and market becomes overly complicated.

3.) New crafting mechanic? Would add another unnecessary layer to an already awkward crafting (*cough* gambling) system. In my opinion, if we really wanted guaranteed properties, they should be implemented via the crafting tables, not essence drops.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
i'd like to see it in the core game. though i'd also like to see shrines removed
I'm predict a mapmod for 1/2c
d:-D*
"
mark1030 wrote:
They billed it as "making rares great again". I can't imagine they meant "making rares great again for three months only".

Except dropped rares are still useless. Really feels like they meant "Make super-chaos orbs okay now".
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I hope they will. Perhaps at the same occurance rate as Strongboxes. Also change rare item quest rewards to essences.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info