RAT NUKE SURVIVES

"
KennyFritz wrote:
I was already playing reverse knockback RAT. After reading this I decided to try eye of innocence. It's SO MUCH FUN. I'm using blast rain each of 3 totems fire 14 projectiles per second, about 40 projectiles per second total and with 102% ignite chance, all those mobs are pulled and ignited and evaporated WITH SERIOUS LAG! Blast rain hits multiple mobs with single projectile creating so many ignites at once, totems' reflecting animation and sound is overwhelming that my graphics card (and my ears) can't handle accordingly. Idea is great, certainly very enjoyable.

blast rain really isnt good for this build...
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
KennyFritz wrote:
I was already playing reverse knockback RAT. After reading this I decided to try eye of innocence. It's SO MUCH FUN. I'm using blast rain each of 3 totems fire 14 projectiles per second, about 40 projectiles per second total and with 102% ignite chance, all those mobs are pulled and ignited and evaporated WITH SERIOUS LAG! Blast rain hits multiple mobs with single projectile creating so many ignites at once, totems' reflecting animation and sound is overwhelming that my graphics card (and my ears) can't handle accordingly. Idea is great, certainly very enjoyable.

blast rain is a lot of fun but if I may I recommend tornado shot (and turning off sound effects slider ;P)
One thing to test would be essense of hysteria crafted rare short bow that grants: "Weapon: 10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit". Re-craft until good attack speed roll or craft atk speed yourself.

Dont know if the damage would be better but something to test, since its on hit effect. Also fire burst can be scaled from the gems in the bow and you only need 6 sockets, dont need links to support it.

If you do test it, please record.
"
sposauc wrote:
One thing to test would be essense of hysteria crafted rare short bow that grants: "Weapon: 10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit". Re-craft until good attack speed roll or craft atk speed yourself.

Dont know if the damage would be better but something to test, since its on hit effect. Also fire burst can be scaled from the gems in the bow and you only need 6 sockets, dont need links to support it.

Interestingly enough about a week into the league I tried a fire burst build, I specced a deadeye with max aspd barrage/chain with a thicket bow with apsd. It failed miserably, there was an internal cooldown on fire burst. Even when I was hitting upwards of 100 enemies each shot with 3 shots a second it would only proc 1 fire burst every second. This led me to determine there's an internal cooldown that fucks that playstyle up.
"
"
sposauc wrote:

Interestingly enough about a week into the league I tried a fire burst build, I specced a deadeye with max aspd barrage/chain with a thicket bow with apsd. It failed miserably, there was an internal cooldown on fire burst. Even when I was hitting upwards of 100 enemies each shot with 3 shots a second it would only proc 1 fire burst every second. This led me to determine there's an internal cooldown that fucks that playstyle up.

Dang it. GGG and their internal cooldowns ruining everyones plans.
"
sposauc wrote:
"
"
sposauc wrote:

Dang it. GGG and their internal cooldowns ruining everyones plans.

You said it not me!

:D
Just got this build to 70 and a few thoughts/observations

-If you can spare the dex, projectile weakness works very well for adding a little more knockback chance (I run it over ele weak unless mobs are cold resistant)

-Some bosses seem to be immune or close to immune to knockback (I noticed it most prominently running lab for my last ascendancy, you have to guide Izaro to your totems or replace totems on him)

-with the tree cleanup Spire of Stone only gets 40 str if you put it near Totemic Mastery. The old jewel slot near devotion only provides 40 now as well. You can bump the totemic mastery slot to 70 by taking the two nodes closest to Templar start, as well as the one beyond the turn towards Constitution, or spend 5 passives getting the original spot to 90 (you can also take Catalyse.) The 10th node in that radius is Light of Divinity, but costs 3 more points to hit and I dont believe its worth it.

I've been having an absolute blast with this build and I'll be sure to update with anything else I think about while I'm playing around with it
So random thought: Is there any merit to using a reach of the council with tornado shot, swapping in point blank (yay vacuum) for gmp, and getting the str boost keystone? Granted its less APS (so less burninating), but would possibly help with dealing with burn immunity? You should still be proccing a lot of burns (does burn have an internal cooldown?) for aoe clearing while the arrows are focusing something down.
Last edited by Wozbo on Oct 31, 2016, 12:54:50 PM
I was wondering about using this with a rf totem as the third to get the damage even higher. Do you think that would increase damage?
gratz on BotW!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info