[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Blood Siphon has been mentioned a few times already. My two cents: sure, 20% max life is excellent, the 20 DEX on the way might come in handy too, however, you'll hit a dead end there while the Barbarism route has a lot more potential as it is followed by another jewel socket, Juggernaut, and Bloodless. As for the dexterity, I'd rather grab a 30 DEX node along the the original tree or resort to lower level Blade Vortex (we don't kill with BV, we use it to generate hits/ignites).

I got Juggernaut and barbarism already. My dilemma is after that.

www.poeurl.com/0p7

As per my goal tree,a lvl 91 plan, it comes down to : how to best spend 6 points. IMO going for Blood Siphon instead of Bloodless OR Profane Chemistry + Hired Killer is the best way to spend them. That is because of marginally close life with the bloodless path (7316 vs 7370, lvl91 projection with same gear), atk speed for even faster traveling around with WB, faster casting for BV and extra dex for gearing flexibility. After 91 I dont know. Dont think I will take this char further than that.

Im just curious if the bloodless bonus, Enemies cannot leech from you, is a better thing to have at lvl 90 than the bonuses from going for blood siphon which I mentioned above.
If I get one-shot I'd hardly blame the lack of WB travel speed or BV cast speed (which btw does not increase the hit frequency), wouldn't I? ;)

Bloodless = 23% max life, Blood Siphon = 20%, I think in terms of spending six passive skill points we have us a clear winner here.

And no, the Bloodless "bonus" doesn't matter much... while there are certain monsters that can leech from players, as well as some exiles and unique bosses it doesn't matter much. My mantra with this build: What cannot kill us will die... eventually. What good does it to me if I get a tad faster to the arena with my supercharged Whirling Blades only to get nuked by the boss?
"
tomay wrote:
BV cast speed (which btw does not increase the hit frequency)

you are going to build your bv stacks 6% faster. :)

"
tomay wrote:
Bloodless = 23% max life, Blood Siphon = 20%, I think in terms of spending six passive skill points we have us a clear winner here.

thats the point though. Its not that clear because of the str you get on each path.

Bloodless = 23%life + 20str(10raw life) + Enemies cannot leech from you
BlooD Siphon=20%life + 30str(15raw life) + 20DEX + 10int + 12%atk speed + 6% cast speed + 5 life gained on kill

After all calcs bloodless gives 50-55 more life in total life. 7316 vs 7370 @lvl91 with my gear. And yes that makes it "better" for more life but siphon gives the dex needed for the sword and a few quality of life bonuses. In the grand scheme of things.. which is better? To me looks like siphon is.
Because you have your eye set on it... I on the other hand take 60 life over 6% cast speed any day. ;)

While 60 life may not look all that much on paper it stacks up to a lot more EHP with various means of damage mitigation.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 17, 2017, 11:00:47 AM
"
tomay wrote:
EHP with various means of damage mitigation.

Just learned a new term :P
It seems that its less than 50 btw. I must have miscalculated something. Im still not 91 so we'll see. At 87 though it helped me by not needing any dex on my gear ( went for lower lvl BV) and I got some sweet boots with life and str on them. Life difference is at 37 between the 2 paths at this stage.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I havent been able to find an answer yet in the build guide or comments.

Ive read in various comments that the only skill that is used actively is the movement ability linked to fortify. If this is the case how is the blade vortex in the chest 6L activated? It does not have a cwdt in any of the gear examples.
"
MiGGeLLo wrote:
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I havent been able to find an answer yet in the build guide or comments.

Ive read in various comments that the only skill that is used actively is the movement ability linked to fortify. If this is the case how is the blade vortex in the chest 6L activated? It does not have a cwdt in any of the gear examples.

short asnwer: thats actively casted as well.

long answer: its is actively casted as well but its just an active way to generate more chance for the hysteria mod on the sceptre to activate. All other ways are passive, you have to wait for cwdt to cast the skills. It is not essential to have. You could put a kaom's heart and you would be ok. You could put a Belly of the beast with good stats and even 1socket just for BV and still do the same thing more or less. But if you are going for Tabula you put in some dmg buffs on it to make it somewhat usefull as a damage dealing skill.
Im at level 39 and im starting to have issues killing stuff. I am still using facebreakers with the warchief, is that correct? Is there something i could be doing wrong?

Edit: Okay, after trying some things myself, turns out i severely underestimated the effekt of +physical damage on items. While not optimal, it is now much better already. Still open to any leveling tips though :)
Last edited by Tomgathericon on Jan 17, 2017, 7:10:41 PM
Just like to say thanks to ChrispieD and tomay. Having fun with this build.

Got lucky with some corruptions earlier today. :)
Any specific requirements for the scepter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info