[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Crafted a new helmet, bought new gloves and moved some skill points around. Up to 7400hp now with 37% Belly. Feeling pretty beasty B) Now Im gonna have to start working on a VMS chest and hope for some higher tier map drops, but man this build is a beast :D

Oh, on another note. Would I be correct to run 2x Moku on Itzari instead of Taming + Emberwake? Because the ignites wont do much for this build on her, right?

Only real trouble i run into now are the damn traps on my way to Izaro in lab.... They keep slaying me because im clumsy...
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Mattyd_UK wrote:
Hi guys,

I did ask before, but could anyone give me a few pointers on were to upgrade next? I do have a new BOTB im working to 6 link and have been saving hard for a taming ring but that's still a long way off!

My Gear:

Ive copied the original skill tree and gems, currently lvl88.

Thanks, Matt.

The life bonuses on a few of your rares could be improved. But more importantly than that I would suggest looking to improve on your flasks. You shouldn't really need two life flasks. A stibnite strikes me as counterproductive: you want to get hit, you just don't want to it to one-shot you. The silver flask is also not something I'm fond of, but is at least something that appears in the OP. Replace the stibnite with a basalt, and consider replacing either the silver or one of the life flasks with a granite. If you can afford it, a Vinktar's is also recommended (in which case, make sure you have an anti-shock flask to use concurrently with it). Also in the "if you're wealthy enough" category, considering a Taste of Hate is worthwhile (for the mitigation alone).

Thanks man, ive changed the flasks now and will look at getting a bit more life. I have a 40% BOTB im trying to 6L at the mo so that should help a bit to.
"
bex_HB wrote:
Maybe i need to upgrade my PC ? Intel i 5 750 with 4x2.67 Ghz, 8GB Ram and a AMD 6950 with 2GB VRam. No enough?

I doubt that very much...

I'm playing this build on a shabby old 2nd gen Core i3, 6GB RAM, SSD and HD6670 (2GB GDDR3, moderately OCed), dual display with a sh*t ton of browser tabs and other gimmicjs open... even with the default settings @ 1920x1200, fullscreen, I'm getting 30+ FPS, even better when windowed @ 1680x1050 (which is my regular setting). Only when things get very busy it drops below 15 occasionally and I never ripped in a lag, but then I don't play Breach. I suppose the problems there might be rather server related, considering all the complaints about client crashes here in Breaches.
"
thegreekgod wrote:
Oh, on another note. Would I be correct to run 2x Moku on Itzari instead of Taming + Emberwake? Because the ignites wont do much for this build on her, right?

There really isn't that much of a difference to be honest. With The Taming you get 10% increased damage per stacked ignite* while you're constantly "on fire" with 2 x Mokou's and get up to 70% increased damage from Eye.

* (never mind the "Inflict up to 300 Ignites" business on Emberwake, ignites always stack only Emberwake stacks the Burning Damage cumulatively, at the expense of 80% less Burning Damage while without Emberwake only one ignite at any given time can inflict Burning Damage; and 300 is pretty much impossible to reach anyway, unless one can increase the burning duration "ad infinitum")

"
thegreekgod wrote:
Only real trouble i run into now are the damn traps on my way to Izaro in lab.... They keep slaying me because im clumsy...

Bring some more anti-clumsiness life flasks to the lab. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Jan 8, 2017, 12:03:24 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
thegreekgod wrote:

There really isn't that much of a difference to be honest. With The Taming you get 10% increased damage per stacked ignite* while you're constantly "on fire" with 2 x Mokou's and get up to 70% increased damage from Eye.

* (never mind the "Inflict up to 300 Ignites" business on Emberwake, ignites always stack only Emberwake stacks the Burning Damage cumulatively, at the expense of 80% less Burning Damage while without Emberwake only one ignite at any given time can inflict Burning Damage; and 300 is pretty much impossible to reach anyway, unless one can increase the burning duration "ad infinitum")

"
thegreekgod wrote:

Bring some more anti-clumsiness life flasks to the lab. ;)

I see! Just downed corrupted minotaur for the first time (and second B)), got lucky with corrupting my only t15 map, so in I went. The fight was loooooong, and he KO:d me a couple of times. Enfeeble seemed to help a fair bit though. Never really seen a minotaur fight, so I went in and facetanked and hoped for the best. Not the best way to handle his mole attack i quickly learnt.
Are the 'Exceptional Performance' nodes important to this build or should I temporarily respect out of them until I have more life (currently at 6.2kq)?

Also when I run down the lower left side of the tree, should I be picking up the life nodes and jewel socket as I go or make a bee line down to 'Bloodless' (I am running non-AoF)?

Current tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzDc0UIBbpGjgczhzcHxgi4iQ3Jy8qOCpNK1Ay0TWSOlg64TwFPC09_D8nRUdFnUfiSshLV03jUEdRTFH7U1JVxlZIWGNZbVnzXz9fmF-wZlRnm26qb55xhXIPcql2rH1bgpuDX4PMg9uExYV7jM-PGo9GkFWUb5hXmjua4Juhm7Wf36IApDmmV6cIrEesmKyqrj6vp7FCtfK3Pr8IwGbA48M6xPbGrsbYykrNFs8yz37YJNi95FHqGOvu7DjvDu988B_xs_JF8xH2SPcy99f46_4K_lT-jw==?accountName=Skua99&characterName=SkuaIsLazy

"
Skua99 wrote:
Are the 'Exceptional Performance' nodes important to this build

They are a convenience but not a necessity. They only affect skills with the Duration tag, i.e. Arctic Armour (chill & ground effect), curses, Firestorm, and Blade Vortex but not status ailments or buffs such as Ignite duration or Fortify.

So the only real benefit we get from Exceptional Performance is the spin duration of Blade Vortex, which helps to maintain high stacks while whirling, or Sparks buzzing around a bit longer... none of which is essential for this build to function.

P.S. Since you have a red socket in your BV setup, you can use an Increased Duration gem for clearing (makes them blades spin even longer than than Exceptional Performance) and replace it with Added Fire Damage or Iron Will for boss fights.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 8, 2017, 1:40:47 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:
Are the 'Exceptional Performance' nodes important to this build

They are a convenience but not a necessity. They only affect skills with the Duration tag, i.e. Arctic Armour (chill & ground effect), curses, Firestorm, and Blade Vortex but not status ailments or buffs such as Ignite duration or Fortify.

So the only real benefit we get from Exceptional Performance is the spin duration of Blade Vortex, which helps to maintain high stacks while whirling, or Sparks buzzing around a bit longer... none of which is essential for this build to function.

P.S. Since you have a red socket in your BV setup, you can use an Increased Duration gem for clearing (makes them blades spin even longer than than Exceptional Performance) and replace it with Added Fire Damage or Iron Will for boss fights.

Thanks for your feed back, I removed the 'Exceptional Performance' nodes and at the moment it does not seem to make that much difference with my damage and clear speed. I am just happy to have a deeper health pool. When it starts being an issue I will then take your advice and start doing some experimentation using the 'Increased Duration' gem.
Thanks for this build. I will try it asap
"
bex_HB wrote:
One thing that bothers me is the lag with the setup the OP uses (bladfall setup in tabula rasa and all the support setups with cwdt gem) ... when i open a breach after half a minute there is so much action that it lags and suddenly when the game resumes i am dead, loosing my exp :(

Well, you shouldn't die, so something's surely wrong with your setup somewhere if that's happening. Maybe if Tul spawns on you and shotguns you. That said, Tul breaches are the worst of the lot, as the rare mobs in particular have ridiculously laggy visual effects on them. I've opened what turned out to be a Tul Breach in a Tier 16 map with high +packsize (and the breach spawned a huge number of mobs, too; not one of those lame ones that spawns like 6 mobs to start; this was like 30+ right away) and was never able to move a step due to lag but I didn't die. I pretty much slaughtered everything. Floor was full of loot when the breach closed.

In other matters, trying to clear Tier 16 corrupted rares is frustrating me. Almost had Chimera cleared again, but the map had the onslaught mod and the boss seems to get massively more attack speed than that mod normally provides when he goes cloud mode. There was basically zero delay between when he activated and when he hit me for the fifth time and I died before I could even zip into one of the clouds to find him. Then tried Hydra, and that one's a bitch. Lots of (near) one-shot damage sources coming from sources you can't leech from, and the boss likes to teleport around to deprive you of the one reliable leech target you've got; stupid adds creating a Vortex on death that hits as hard as the boss is super lame, as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info