[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
majesthro wrote:
Is the dmg high enough if u don't have the lvl 20 fire burst proc?

If a spell or attack is turned into 50% fire dmg via Avatar of fire, does it have a higher chance to ignite enemies than an attack or spell which does additionally,e.g., 3-5 fire dmg via an item like ngahamu ring (but doesn't have AoF)?

You can run the build without fire burst, but your clearspeed will go down significantly. The fire burst is our main source of damage.

Chance to ignite is not determined by the amount of fire damage, but by the %chance to ignite on items, tree, and jewels. AOF will just gimp your damage, because it cuts the damage from non-fire based spells in half.

You can run the build without fire burst, but your clearspeed will go down significantly. The fire burst is our main source of damage.

Chance to ignite is not determined by the amount of fire damage, but by the %chance to ignite on items, tree, and jewels. AOF will just gimp your damage, because it cuts the damage from non-fire based spells in half.[/quote]

Ok, thx for ur reply.
But ignites can only come of fire dmg, right? So if I don't have an option to add a small amount of fire dmg to all attacks/spells, I will need AoF, even though 50% of the dmg is wasted.
Which will probably result in awful dmg without the fire burst proc.

Conclusion would be, if I don't have the fire burst proc and no option to add small amounts of fire dmg to all attacks/spells to proc ignites, build is not viable, because AoF would be needed (to proc ignites) but at the same time cutting my dmg too much, right?
"
majesthro wrote:

Ok, thx for ur reply.
But ignites can only come of fire dmg, right? So if I don't have an option to add a small amount of fire dmg to all attacks/spells, I will need AoF, even though 50% of the dmg is wasted.
Which will probably result in awful dmg without the fire burst proc.

Conclusion would be, if I don't have the fire burst proc and no option to add small amounts of fire dmg to all attacks/spells to proc ignites, build is not viable, because AoF would be needed (to proc ignites) but at the same time cutting my dmg too much, right?

Pretty much. But the build is not dead because you have to AOF. The build is dead because you don't have fire burst proc. Many ways to get that +fire damage to spells.

The only thing that is needed is the fire burst proc. For a long time AOF was actually the preferred method. Our other elemental damage is just too low to matter. So as long as you have the fire burst proc weapon, you can pretty much do anything and you'll be fine.

Razor of the seventh sun, eye of innocence amulet, and a fire proc scepter is all you need.

The rest can be whatever you want. You can either go AOF, anger gem, ngamahu ring, or even mantra of fire jewel to add fire damage. AOF is just an option. AOF is more defensive. You will lose a very small percentage of your damage for more life from a better jewel, ring, or skill gem. As with everything in this game, everything has a pro and con and it's up to you to balance it. The best option imo is to get "+ fire damage to spells" on your scepter. Anything with "+fire damage to spells" is good.

The option is up to you. This build is very flexible. Very hard to mess it up as long as you have the 3 essential items I mentioned above. And get cap fire/cold/lightning res and you're all set. Try to get as much life as possible too. Vaal pact + Cloaked in savagery and you can easily start mapping.

If you want to do this build, start by getting the fire burst scepter, razor of the seventh sun and eye of innocence amulet.
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jun 27, 2017, 4:55:31 PM
Yes I know, fire burst is the major dmg source.
Just thought maybe i can deal enough dmg with all spells combined, if i dont cut them in half by AoF.
"
majesthro wrote:
Yes I know, fire burst is the major dmg source.
Just thought maybe i can deal enough dmg with all spells combined, if i dont cut them in half by AoF.

Well, nothing is stopping you from giving it a try. You're still just as AFK viable as with the fire burst sceptre. Only your clearspeed will be lower. If you're fine with that, you're good to go.
i read 3 times how to level this and i did not understand ty for clear info.
and i don't want to read 150 pages of this post, videos are all same intro - sentences - explaining but not explaining how to level.
How would you compare this build to the hiltless cwdt build? Trying to decide between the two of them, seem similar and I love the cyclone mechanic and in 3.0 hopefully the collision and lagz go down.
"
morinr wrote:
How would you compare this build to the hiltless cwdt build? Trying to decide between the two of them, seem similar and I love the cyclone mechanic and in 3.0 hopefully the collision and lagz go down.

The difference is that hiltless is out of date. It no longer works. Read why hiltless works and see what changed. I think the helm mechanic changed so it no longer works. I'm sure you can do a mix of both.

But currently, imo this is the best cwdt build. My gear is not even optimized yet and I'm easily running high tier maps. Still need uber lab and only running 1 curse with a ngamahu. Can't wait to finish my build. I feel so unstoppable. I'm sure I can kill uber izaro but it's the traps that are killing me right now. lol see how bad I am..and I'm still face rolling all maps. I don't know any mechanics though. So if I switch to another build, I'll die for sure.

In fact, I think one of the reasons why I can't do uber lab traps is because of this build. This build is spoiling me. hahaha All I do is walk into everything.

"
Anshiva wrote:
i read 3 times how to level this and i did not understand ty for clear info.
and i don't want to read 150 pages of this post, videos are all same intro - sentences - explaining but not explaining how to level.

Why do people need a guide on how to level is beyond me. My first char was a marauder and I didn't need any guide. I saved up all my passives and just used sunder.

Just follow the meta build passive tree so you don't have to use any refund points. Get a good weapon and sunder your way to 68.

I did that on my first char without reading any guide. All self found and happened to like sunder.

The guide recommended face breaker shield charge totem. I still liked my sunder better. Any 2hander will 1-2 shot mobs up to merciless easily. Get a few quicksilver flask. I think I had 3 but really didn't need it. You can use a 2hander and quicksilver your way to merciless or 1H + shield and shield charge your way. Just by following the meta skill tree, you will have enough life to survive any difficulty. Sunder + herald of ash = 1 shot any mob pack. bosses will take a bit longer but if there are adds, they melt just as fast. Golem + totem helps too.

"
Fritso wrote:

As for 2nd curse, it's a huge damage boost. Pick whatever your build currently needs. Keep dying? Get life first. Feel Immortal? Get 2nd curse.

My fire burst is also between 7-8k, so nothing crazy about that. As for those high 25k number, I assume they're using a dedicated 6L setup for that. Which you can do ofc, but really isn't needed.

3 passive points for just 1 extra curse. 2 of those points does nothing for us since our curse is an aura. What do you think about wearing doedre or something else instead of use those 3 points on armor and socket jewel on bottom left? Is 7% life better or the 90 hp from my rare ring more? Is the damage so massive that it is worth 3 passive points? I also tried to have 2 curse aura + herald of lightning on and I have like no mana left. I can do a max of 3 whirls before I go completely oom. lol.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1916033

Also like to add that this build will no longer be as laggy coming in 3.0 wooo
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jun 29, 2017, 4:25:06 PM
"
morinr wrote:

Depends on what you're looking for in a build. Hiltless has a more active play style. AFK build, you basically walk into packs and everything dies. You'll get more life, and be more tanky with the AFK build. As for clear speed, it's close, and highly dependent on lvl and gear. Looking at the Hiltless clear video's I'd say the AFK build is slightly faster, at least the way I'm playing it. It all boils down to what you think is more fun. Pick that.

Oh, and Hiltless still works fine. It doesn't rely on a helmet called Scold's Bridle, that's a different build, which tbh, was SUPER fun, and insanely fast. Hiltless relies on inflicting self damage with the sword, causing CWDT procs.

"

3 passive points for just 1 extra curse. 2 of those points does nothing for us since our curse is an aura. What do you think about wearing doedre or something else instead of use those 3 points on armor and socket jewel on bottom left? Is 7% life better or the 90 hp from my rare ring more? Is the damage so massive that it is worth 3 passive points? I also tried to have 2 curse aura + herald of lightning on and I have like no mana left. I can do a max of 3 whirls before I go completely oom. lol.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1916033

Also like to add that this build will no longer be as laggy coming in 3.0 wooo

Doedre's ring is a huge waste in this build. A good rare ring will give you life, damage, and resists. Too good to give up on. 7% life is A LOT worse than 90 flat life. 7% life is about 100-150 actual life increase, whilst 90 life, with our around 300% increased life, equals around 360 extra life. There simply is no other way to get a damage increase that big with 3 skill points, or any ring. Removing another 40% of monsters resist is essentially a 40% more damage multiplier to your damage. But if you feel like you don't need the damage, you're free to pick 3 extra life nodes.

It's not required for the build to work. Just pick what you think suits you best. Don't feel like the 3 nodes for 2nd curse are worth it? Just spec out of em, and spent em somewhere else. Just don't spend em on armor, since that is an absolute waste. We're not scaling armor, and it does absolute jack sh*t for our build.

Mana can be a bit tricky with 2 curse, and Herald. I have 38 mana left. But tbh, I never use it anyways. I don't use whirling blades. Just these 2 flasks, makes me plenty fast:

Much appreciated the long explanation, as opposed to "mines faster".

I think I might go for this in the new league with the spark set up. I like a build that you don't just walk and things die haha.

With the current beta Emberwake the single target dps on this might go down significantly. Depending on that I might do the hiltless build. More active and probably more single target dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info