[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
How important are the Essence of Hysteria enchants?

I have pretty much everything except for the enchants. They are too expensive. It sounds like the bulk of the damage is coming from the level 20 fire burst? I'm still leveling up my Marauder so IDK. If without level 20 fire burst, where will our damage be coming from? Hard to imagine a bunch of level 8 spells clearing high tier maps or even low tier maps. How much damage does a level 20 fire burst do? Also, will ignite be a problem without the helm enchant?

So is it still viable without the Hysteria enchants? I'm also planning to use 2x Mokou.

The level 20 fire burst is the whole point of the build. Every single tick of damage and spell has a 10% chance to do the level 20 fire burst. but you have to have Added fire damage to SPELLS on the sceptre. Adding the fire damage to spells will cause every spell to have that 10% chance to do big damage. Saving up 25 chaos shouldnt be too hard by the time youre lvl 68+ --- if not grinding dried lake shouldnt take much time.
How do you guys get BV tooltip number so high (25k?) especially with AOF. Even at max level it's damage is only 185. My BV is barely hitting 1k. 200-300 in town I think.

Also, is the enchant on helm neccessary? I don't have it but I'm igniting everything almost right away with just my BV.

I'm thinking of either wearing a crappy helm with the enchant or a godly life helm without the enchant. So far I'm leaning towards the latter since I don't see a reason to have the extra 50% ignite especially when I'm not running Emberwake. My fire resist is only at 20 something. I'm thinking of getting a godly life + fire resist helm to cap my resist. I'm also planning to drop ball lightning for ignite gem if it's really needed.

Since my BV damage is so low anyways, I'm planning to use my chest for more CWDT spells and use one of the glove or boots to self cast BV instead. I'm only self casting BV as a way to start the fight and a more consistent fire burst proc against those lone mobs or slow hitters. Wish my BV would do some real damage like some of you guys at 20,000+. But I just don't see how.

I have around 4.5k-ish life and I'm having a hard time surviving even T1 maps. I'm way overcapped on cold and lightning. Should I cap fire and chaos too? I read somewhere in the first few pages that we're suppose to keep our fire resist low so we can auto CWDT?

Anyways, I've skipped some passive skill quests + jewels. After getting those skill points/jewels and a few levels I see myself having over 5k life especially if I opt for a godly life helm. But I just don't see myself surviving let alone afking on higher maps if I'm getting wrecked on T1 maps.

Sometimes things hit me for say 10% of my life so it doesn't proc cloak but it's too much for me to leech back with my 2-3% life leech. So after 10 hits or so I die. Or they bleed me and my life gets drained to 0 in 2 secs. Sometimes I still get 1 shotted by regular merc bosses.

I'm only level 73 but I hope to reach 6k-ish life with my current set up. Will 1-2k extra life allow me to survive higher tiers if 4k is not enough for T1?

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAP0ABiEAAHsEsxQgFm8aOB0UHxgi4iSqKjgqTTWSNuk64TwFPC09_D8nR-JKyEtXTeNQR1FMUftYY1nzXz9fsGZUZp5nm26qb55xhXIPcql9W4Kbg1-DzITFhXuMz49GkFWUb5o7m7Wf36IApDmmV6xHrKquPq-NsUK18rc-wGbA48M6xPbGrsbYykrNFti942rkUew47w7vfPAf8bPyRfMR9kj60v4K_o8i6jIBshnPeiSLD6sWvyaVYeJtbDY9napsjJuh99esmDpYVcavpxzOK1ANzf5Ug9unCNgkVkjr7prgRZ1TUhzcjxonLxbpIZAkN1_QmFe_COoQ-F8AAAAAAA==

I'm basically following the AOF skill tree minus the "exceptional performance" node to add "tireless" and cruel preparation. I have no problem keeping 100% uptime on ignite even without the helm enchant. This way I get more life.

tl:dr; How important is the helm enchant? Can I skip it for a better helm. How you get BV damage so high? I'm having trouble staying alive in just T1 maps with over 4k life.

Sorry for the long post.
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jun 21, 2017, 6:22:53 PM
Can you make your profile public? I can't see what items you have ....

The 50% chance to ignite helm IS NOT necessary. It certainly helps but its way too expensive of a helm for starters to get a good roll or even get it. Getting any helmet with lots of str + life + any res you need is way cheaper. I had a 50% chance to ignite helmet but now I dont even bother. Let me show you my items.

If you look at my helmet Im using a high level Cast when damage taken + 3 spells for heavy damage on bosses and rare mobs. My gloves have CWDT lvl 1 + ball lightning + greater multiple projectiles + max level chance to ignite. That combined with herald of thunder w/ my Opal sceptre does a huge damage. what's 100% necessary is the 10% chance to cast fire burst on your sceptre (***AND IT MUST HAVE ADDED FIRE DAMAGE TO SPELLS***). You can focus on str/life/res on your boots/helm/gloves/belt.

Also -- Eye of innocence + Mokou's embrace is needed. You can use literally any +STR/life ring for your other slot. All jewel slots are way more important than any skill node. +7% life really adds up. Especially if you have +life on your item slots.

I have this opal ring for bigger damage but im currently using the bloodbroil for max HP and movespeed. I would just use any LIFE/STR/RES ring you can find that has most value for surviving.

A lot of bosses have 1 shot abilities -- I.E. Dried Lake boss fucked me for forever -- you just have to skip him, its not worth fighting him and losing 10% XP for the exp / items he drops. YOu really just want to use your clear speed to farm up EXP / currency until you can get better items. No your limits.

An easy way to get tanky is to buy any 5Link body armor and ROLL it using a Deafening / Screaming essence of greed.

I bought the following body armor for 1 chaos and rolled it for a 6 chaos Deafening essence of greed. Iit gives me about 2-300 HP less than a 40% max life Belly of the beast. Of course, make your sure you get the colors you want before you roll it.

Just make your profile public and we can see what hcanges we can make.
Last edited by Kojak_The_Invincible on Jun 22, 2017, 12:33:23 AM
That's some solid advise from Kojak!

Only thing you don't need in your build is the fire damage to spells on sceptre, since you are running with AOF.
However, my suggestion would be to remove AOF, and do get that craft on your sceptre. That way you save a couple skill points which can be spent on life, and your non-fire spells deal more damage. Since AOF cuts non-fire based spell damage in half. That may require you to get another sceptre though, since yours already had a damage to spells prefix. So maybe save some currency for that.

This build has the ability to get a LOT of life.
For reference, here's my current stats at lvl 95:

Life for map clear: 8.6k
Guardian AFK with 6L Belly of the Beast: 10.7k
With Kaom's for MOAR tankyness: 11.8k
Resists: all at 167% (-60% chaos ofc)

Here's my map clear gear:

/edit: one thing I cannot recommend enough is a lvl 1 cwdt linked with Ball Lightning-GMP-Chance to ignite. That setup alone will cause so many friggin ignites that the 1% life gained from ignite on the Razor almost instantly gets you back to full life. It also procs a lot of Fire Burst from Sceptre, and even kills things off-screen.
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 22, 2017, 6:01:56 AM
"

wait, wat? How are you at 10.7k with 40% belly. Do you swap Abbereth's out for STR/HP boots? cause i'm at 10.3k w/ kaom's heart + roots lol. Whats your Guardian setup?
"
"

wait, wat? How are you at 10.7k with 40% belly. Do you swap Abbereth's out for STR/HP boots? cause i'm at 10.3k w/ kaom's heart + roots lol. Whats your Guardian setup?

Ohh, kaom's roots, never thought about those. With Kaoms Heart + Roots, I'll get over 12k life.
This is my guardian setup. Don't mind the links, just quickly swapped gear.

Can easily be optimized for moar life with a STR roll on coral ring + replacing opal ring with one with more life and str. So should be able to approach 11k with optimal gear, without Kaom's Heart and Roots.
When you get time could you show me the gem setup you use? Wondering if use arctic armour / molten shell on a max CWDT or whatever else I.E. maybe in 6L belly beast use an added chaos damage gem? IDK xD

have you done uber atziri with your guardian setup? or any seutp for that matter? I've done regular atziri but if i dont make sure i save a charge of Doedre's elixir I won't be able to start igniting the mobs that heal him lol. I'm sure its way worse on uber atziri.

(Edit: it takes so fucking long to DPS atziri down w/ some 5 link bladevortex -- wondering if you have ideas to take him down faster but still be able to kill those mobs) I have like 6-7 sacrifice sets to farm.)

Ive only done minotaur twice, haven't done any of the other guardians so i really want to copy your setup so i can start fuckin them up! Thanks a bunch.
Last edited by Kojak_The_Invincible on Jun 22, 2017, 7:52:37 AM
"
When you get time could you show me the gem setup you use? Wondering if use arctic armour / molten shell on a max CWDT or whatever else I.E. maybe in 6L belly beast use an added chaos damage gem? IDK xD

have you done uber atziri with your guardian setup? or any seutp for that matter? I've done regular atziri but if i dont make sure i save a charge of Doedre's elixir I won't be able to start igniting the mobs that heal him lol. I'm sure its way worse on uber atziri.

(Edit: it takes so fucking long to DPS atziri down w/ some 5 link bladevortex -- wondering if you have ideas to take him down faster but still be able to kill those mobs) I have like 6-7 sacrifice sets to farm.)

Ive only done minotaur twice, haven't done any of the other guardians so i really want to copy your setup so i can start fuckin them up! Thanks a bunch.

I haven't done Uber Atziri with this build. Succesfully afk-ed Minotaur, and Phoenix. Failed at Chimera (kept dying during smoke phases, everything else is easy), and haven't tried Hydra.

Gear setup is simple:
- As many lvl 20 cwdt spells as possible, focus on ranged spells and/or spells that hit longer/more often. Didn't use Molten Shell.
- Blasphemy - enfeeble
- Arctic Armor
- Depending on guardian: blasphemy ele weakness, or Purity of Fire
- High HP shield for Minotaur, Rise of Phoenix for Phoenix
- 6L chest setup gets lvl 20 cwdt, switch phase run for Arctic Armor, switch Blade Vortex for Blind. Blade vortex in other gear with lvl 20 cwdt.

That's about it. Since it's AFK, I didn't use any flasks or fortify.
If you've got any more questions, lemme know.
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 22, 2017, 8:41:43 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will this build be 3.0 viable? Seems like a lot of the damage comes from double dipping.
Ok I think I made my profile public now. In case it's not I'll link my gear.

I'm planning to replace that helm with a better life + fire resist helm in the future. Maybe enchant one with greed.

I have 5k life now. Still missing 1 jewel socket. I can see myself with over 6k life easily once I get higher level. I still don't see how you guys are getting 20+k BVs. I'm only getting 1k fully buffed.

I'm also using fire golem on my cwdt. 100% uptime for perma 15% increase damage + he uses fire so maybe more ignites?

I'm still deciding whether to use a level 20 cwdt or not since even at level 20 the skill gem damage by itself is so low. I might prefer more low levels for higher procs.

Yea AOF was never my intention. I didn't know I couldn't enchant another +fire damage on my scepter. I might have to buy another one. But in the mean time this will have to do.

Also, how much life should I strive for to clear end game content? Will 6-7k be enough? And I guess for boss fights I can swap out my dps jewels and razor for tanky high life replacements?

I also want to know if this is viable in 3.0
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Jun 22, 2017, 3:57:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info