[Tool] POE Trades Companion - Enhance your trading experience

God... Sorry...

I forgot I've switched from overlay to window. Now I've switched it back to overlay it's working fine again.

Anyways, it used to work fine in both modes.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Hey, tnx for a very useful tool!
But have provlems with it like for long time already. 1st – creating new tab for same wispers. Like if someone send me same trade msg 10 times i'm getting 10 new tabs.
2nd – it's not correctly recognize league, sometimes it's shown. sometimes it's shown in "other" section, somtimes it says "standart" till it's msg from HC Bestiary or HC flashback event, and sometimes just nothing, same with "location". It's glitching every time, i need read msgs in chat manually to see what league it is and what tab/place.
Any suggestions/fixes for this soon? Been waiting for fixing this like 3 month or more but still nothing yet...
"
umn1k wrote:
Hey, tnx for a very useful tool!
But have provlems with it like for long time already. 1st – creating new tab for same wispers. Like if someone send me same trade msg 10 times i'm getting 10 new tabs.
2nd – it's not correctly recognize league, sometimes it's shown. sometimes it's shown in "other" section, somtimes it says "standart" till it's msg from HC Bestiary or HC flashback event, and sometimes just nothing, same with "location". It's glitching every time, i need read msgs in chat manually to see what league it is and what tab/place.
Any suggestions/fixes for this soon? Been waiting for fixing this like 3 month or more but still nothing yet...

Hi, thank you for using this tool!

• creating new tab for same wispers. Like if someone send me same trade msg 10 times i'm getting 10 new tabs.

This shouldn't happen normally. When receiving a trading whisper, if the same request is already on the GUI, it will be added on the original tab's Other slot. No new tab should be created.
Will be doing some test later and report back if I can track the issue.

• 2nd – it's not correctly recognize league, sometimes it's shown. sometimes it's shown in "other" section, somtimes it says "standart" till it's msg from HC Bestiary or HC flashback event, and sometimes just nothing, same with "location".

The current RegEx used to retrieve the trading whisper's infos is pretty bad, I believe the issue is related to that. When the league is single worded, it works just fine. But once there are more words, it can mess up (especially with trading races).
It has been improved by tons on 1.13, and I hope to release it before next league starts.

• Been waiting for fixing this like 3 month or more but still nothing yet

• If you ever encounter an issue, please let me know about it on GitHub or in this thread.
    There is also a Discord channel, though I haven't posted about it for this project yet (until now).
    Love the app! Please keep updating it :)
    Hello sir/madam

I have been using this amazing tool for approx 4-5 leagues to manage my trades and its helped me immensely, its fantastic. I havent really had any issues except one which has appeared before but went away almost immediately but now has returned and I cannot fix it -

Midway through Bestiary I seemed to have gotten a windows update (or the tool was updated?) and since then the tool doesnt register any sales or whispers and essentially only the hideout macro works, ive tried everything but deleting and reinstalling it

I had to use Mercury trade for the remainder of the league and I dont like it.

The tool appears fine, it says its 'monitoring logs' when I load it but the tool 'forgot' all my bestiary transactions as it remembers still my Legacy sales and when I do the test 'sale' on the options I hit a button and it asks me where the location of the client.exe auto chooses it and then nothing happens, I didnt change any location of poe client files, keeps coming up over and over but wont select it after hitting Accept, tried other clients and a shortcut/main nothing works

not really sure what you have done with this last update or whatever but I run PoE from a shortcut on my desktop from the 'pathofexile_64' app and the logs on my pc say they are being drawn from 'client.exe' but when I load client.exe to play it still doesnt work and keeps repeatedly choosing pathofexile_64 in tradecompanion, i even tried changing the directory in the log to 'pathofexile_64' but nothing is working and pissing me off

Anyway to fix this?
    Last edited by coops00 on May 31, 2018, 2:49:11 AM
    "
    coops00 wrote:
    since then the tool doesnt register any sales or whispers and essentially only the hideout macro works, ive tried everything but deleting and reinstalling it
    Hi,

The tool only received a minor update during Bestiary. It could be that your issue is related to the new update to Windows 10, v1803. I personally haven't done the update yet, so I can't confirm. But it could be possible that something restricts Trades Companion.

"
    The tool appears fine, it says its 'monitoring logs' when I load it but the tool 'forgot' all my bestiary transactions as it remembers still my Legacy sales
    What do you mean "the tool forgot all my bestiary transactions"? Have some sales disappear from the My Stats menu?

"
    when I do the test 'sale' on the options I hit a button and it asks me where the location of the client.exe auto chooses it and then nothing happens
    This is actually expected behaviour of the "preview" tab.
    The tab isn't linked to any game instance, so when you click one of the button, it asks you where should the message be sent.

"
    I run PoE from a shortcut on my desktop from the 'pathofexile_64' app and the logs on my pc say they are being drawn from 'client.exe'
    Sorry but this is very confusing.
    What logs on your PC?

"
    but when I load client.exe to play it still doesnt work and keeps repeatedly choosing pathofexile_64 in tradecompanion,
    Client.txt is Path of Exile's patcher. Once the game is patched, based on which DirectX mode you are running the game in, it will either run PathOfExile_64.exe for DX11 - or PathOfExile.exe for DX9/9ex.

"
    i even tried changing the directory in the log to 'pathofexile_64' but nothing is working and pissing me off
    Which log do you mean? The ones in Trades Companion's local folder? Those are only used to "log" what's happening in the tool. Changing them will not do anything.

• Zip and send me your entire Logs folder (PM). Also include your Preferences.ini file:
      \Documents\AutoHotkey\POE Trades Companion\Logs
    • Press Win+R > Type in: winver > Tell me which version you are running.
    • Make sure you are running the tool with elevated rights.
      Right click on the executable > Properties >
      General tab: Make sure there is no "Unblock" button on the very bottom. If there is, click on it.
      Compatibility tab > On the very bottom, tick "Run this program as an administrator".
      Click OK and run the executable.

• If the above didn't help in making the tool work correctly, try using the AHK source:
      Head to this page and download the source code zip.
    • Then follow these few steps. Basically just install AHK, unzip the source, run POE Trades Companion.ahk
    Last edited by z0rhawk on Jun 3, 2018, 4:13:26 PM
    Hello z0rhawk. Thank you for this. It works perfectly fine for me and everything is easy to understand and configure.

Can this app run only in the background like the poe trade macro and not just windowed?
    "
    marcoke22 wrote:
    Hello z0rhawk. Thank you for this. It works perfectly fine for me and everything is easy to understand and configure.

Can this app run only in the background like the poe trade macro and not just windowed?
    Hey,

What do you mean "run only in the background not just windowed"?
    Your game has to be Windowed/Borderless for the app to work.
    It can't work with Fullscreen as that would require hooking/injecting to the process.

If you meant having the app only show when you have trades tabs, you can set the "Inactive" transparency to 0 and enable the "click-through" setting. This will effectively hide the app when all tabs are closed.
    I don't know if it's just me or not, but to warn others, when trying to download the trade companion my anti viruses + windows defender all found a Trojan Horse within the files, thought I'd just let everyone know before they decide to try and install it and have to format hard drives and reinstall windows or whatever OS they're on.
    "
    swinnyyyy wrote:
    I don't know if it's just me or not, but to warn others, when trying to download the trade companion my anti viruses + windows defender all found a Trojan Horse within the files, thought I'd just let everyone know before they decide to try and install it and have to format hard drives and reinstall windows or whatever OS they're on.
    Hi,
    I suppose you are same person from the post on GitHub.

Summary of the GitHub thread: I thought OP's file was being modified in some way, as it was different than the one I was comparing it to. And mine didn't have any of those flags.
    Then today I noticed that my GitHub was set on a different branch, and so the file I was comparing it to was different than the 1.12.5 release.

In the end, it turns out his file is legit and therefore those flags are really just false positives, due to compiled AHK scripts stuff.
    You can read my post right here for full explanations.
    Last edited by z0rhawk on Jul 8, 2018, 10:06:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info