New 2.4.1 Sextant Mods Part II

does anyone ever use sextants? i know they increased the drop rate but i've barely found 50 masters. anyway i don't use em.
IGN: Juxax
"
dan991199 wrote:
nice to see such a major part of the game was delayed for half a season....

Wait. Are you referring to the non existant channel skills, or the useless sextants? lol
Hardcore
Awesome and interesting! Thanks for your hard work!

No matter what you do game feels boring even faster cause of the xp nerfs . Feelsbadman
Another league one of the same such a shame. I droped the game in 2 weeks this league just joining forums to check if its worth to log in next league and all I see is potato sextants mods
Its a shame their are bad sextant mods :< Possibly makes them not worth using :/ But stilllll nice to have the option - Good job ggg! (no more bad ones tho plzzz <3)

-----------
thong cong nghet gia re thong cong nghet uy tin thong cong nghet hieu qua giup viec nha
:-)
Last edited by jonhsame on Oct 31, 2016, 9:06:25 AM
Sextant mods in current form:
-Your strong box drops are bricked
-20-30% increased IIQ but wait, this is actually maybe not even working and provides no benefit at all
-10% more random monster pack that you wont be able to notice unless their bubble blasters
-30% increased damage while standing on laggy ground effects
-Lasts 3 maps instead of the showcased 5
-As rare as an exalt before they buffed drop rate

Sextants were a complete waste of time and should have been stalled months after release so they could be properly balanced and actual work. Waiting 4 weeks for map unspec was another issue.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
quodlike wrote:
No matter what you do game feels boring even faster cause of the xp nerfs . Feelsbadman
Another league one of the same such a shame. I droped the game in 2 weeks this league just joining forums to check if its worth to log in next league and all I see is potato sextants mods

Here's your problem - if you're playing the game just to build xp (not just to complete your build, mind, which should be done by 80-89, which is still very attainable), then you're not 'playing' a game, but working at it. So of course it's boring and any new mechanics GGG adds won't change that. Climbing mountains or racing cars is boring too if all you're thinking about is the peak/finish line.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Sextant mods in current form:

-As rare as an exalt before they buffed drop rate

Don't know about other players, but I haven't seen a buffed drop rate. I have three sextants total (2 apprentice & 1 journeyman), and three exalts that dropped. (To be fair, that's more exalts than dropped for me in the past three leagues combined.)

As for the mods... well, with what I've been reading about them, I have zero incentive to use my sextants, so I'm thinking I may just go to trade and cash 'em in. Seems like sextants, in addition to being stupidly rare, are worse than useless.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Oct 16, 2016, 11:16:59 AM
"
Ryouko wrote:
I think you have no clue what problem im talking about...

And who's fault is that? You're the one telling the story, and if you don't divulge enough information to explain your situation, we get nowhere fast. Saying "lag and stuttering" is generic, and killing mobs and having their corpses litter the screen isn't "actions".

Fortunately...
"
Ryouko wrote:
For example I have a map with beyond on it and I'm crafting the zana beyond mod on it. Now lets play selfcast flameblast with prolif and channel a flameblast into a large pack of monster. What happens now is that all monsters will die close to instantly and beyond monsters spawn too and die right after that. I'm 100% sure that the game will have a large freeze now and that has nothing to do with a bad pc it's just that something changed and the game can't handle that anymore. Pre 2.4 nothing like that happened and now a lot of people have this problem. And I can enumerate a lot of similar cases.

So by actions you mean mob deaths. I get a lot of lag (and pretty much everyone does) when a ton of bodies litter the ground. So does this lag occur upon enemy death, or once the ground is littered with corpses? If you're dumping a hundred or so corpses in one spot, then yeah, I'd agree that an engine performance issue (each of those corpses twitches a bit as a special effect). If this is instead related to killing mobs at the same time, then that might be a performance issue on your system.

I'd be happy to rule out your system being the issue if you start a thread in the Technical Support forum, and run DXDiag for system info. Use a service such as http://pastebin.com to copy and paste your info, then link it in that thread. Guide: http://tinyurl.com/dxdiag-info-guide. If you can reproduce the freeze/lag spike you're getting when this happens, and have rules out your system, you can also bug report it. Not many get to your point in PoE with millions of DPS, and fewer bother reporting any issues at that point.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info