[2.5] Lacerate Starforge Slayer - Lacerforge - Atlas of World - Eng game aviable, video UP!

"
Y_A_K_U_Z_A wrote:
Templar area "Amplify node" still worth taking after the aoe nerf on 2.6?

The overall AoE is noticeably lower after the nerf (can't quite offscreen things anymore), but I'd say the node is still worth taking, since you're already going to be right next to it after taking "Discipline and Training" and "Retribution". If anything it might worth stacking a little more AoE to bring the build back to full-screen AoE- nothing too major, just picking up the small node next to Amplify and possibly changing from a lacerate damage enchant to the AoE enchant. I intend to experiment a bit on my standard character before finalizing my gear and tree in Legacy.
Just tried Lacerforge build with the new Carnage Heart

and those gloves.

Absolutely devastating.
"
Al-Namrood wrote:
Just tried Lacerforge build with the new Carnage Heart

and those gloves.

Absolutely devastating.

yes man, is the new meta this 2 items for this build :D
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Hey OP, is this build more for a solo play? I feel like the DPS is not quite there for max party play. I can see that this build will/ could make you last man standing, but damage wise, I don't think it has the deeps to make a big impact. Some people posted they are doing over 100k using a diff won like disfavour, etc. Seems like disfavour is much better than Starforge. Tell me your take. Appreciate it
"
Hey OP, is this build more for a solo play? I feel like the DPS is not quite there for max party play. I can see that this build will/ could make you last man standing, but damage wise, I don't think it has the deeps to make a big impact. Some people posted they are doing over 100k using a diff won like disfavour, etc. Seems like disfavour is much better than Starforge. Tell me your take. Appreciate it

Being an RT build you're not going to have the massive damage that crit builds do, plus quite a bit of the damage is from bleed and poison which has a bit of a ramp-up, so if your party members are one-shotting most things it'll certainly seem like you're not making as much of an impact. That said, the build can still do reasonably well even in max party high tier maps; optimized, the build tends to have around 35k tooltip in town, and around 50k tooltip under typical mapping conditions, so make sure you're fairly close to these numbers (if not then there's still a fair bit of optimization you can do). Also keep in mind that your real damage will be higher than build with a similar tooltip but which do a large portion of their damage as elemental damage, due to many enemies having some elemental resistance, but not many having much physical damage reduction.

Ultimately, though, the build is not going to be the top damage dealer in a party, and instead shines by having pretty incredibly sustain and also being pretty versatile when facing tough enemies. Between being able to hit 7k+ life, 10k+ armour, then fortify and high leech, the build can routinely come out of situations that will see over half the rest of the party dead. Gameplay wise it can also switch quickly between playing like a tank and playing like a highly mobile kiting build as the situation demands.

So in summary I'd say the build can keep up with max party play, although it won't be a leader in it. It will really shine, though, when the party runs into something that can actually fight back.
Hi, I'm running this guide and i'm lvl 83 with a little problem... INT... i already have almost the 80% of the gear in this guide and i don't have intelligence for the blasphemy and the Inc AoE...
"
Reaper758 wrote:
Hi, I'm running this guide and i'm lvl 83 with a little problem... INT... i already have almost the 80% of the gear in this guide and i don't have intelligence for the blasphemy and the Inc AoE...

You need to pick up about 50-60 int on gear, although how you do that is up to you (ammy, ring, gloves, and boots are places you can pick up int rolls). My own preference is to pick up most of it using an agate amulet with a +all stats roll, since this will also give you a nice bonus to strength as well which will give you more life and damage. Also, early on while you're still getting your gear sorted you might want to pick up the Hard Knocks passive (just two points from existing pathing) for an easy 30 int, then respec once you have your gear sorted out. Getting an int roll on a jewel can also help if you end up just slightly short of what you need.
Carnage Heart has a chunk of stats on it, about 50 to all.
Last edited by poe091 on Mar 13, 2017, 9:07:58 PM
"
poe091 wrote:

Yeah, the new carnage heart is quite nice for the stats, res, and damage, although it's missing out on a big life roll when compared to good rare amulets.
"
DarrkPhoenix wrote:
"
poe091 wrote:

Yeah, the new carnage heart is quite nice for the stats, res, and damage, although it's missing out on a big life roll when compared to good rare amulets.

Yeah, the lack of a chunky life roll is bad, but 50 str = 50 life, so it's not totally lacking. Terrific budget option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info