[2.5] Lacerate Starforge Slayer - Lacerforge - Atlas of World - Eng game aviable, video UP!

Doing this build and its feeling very well!
But i have a question. Is 6th link poison support really matter for lacerate? i mean its already have ~40% chance for poison from voidheart and 25% from dirty techniques passive and poison stacks looks pretty decent. i have 5l starforge right now and idk should i trying to get 6l for poison support?
also im doing all guardians and almost kill the shaper but have some badluck at last phace and failed. thanks for share the build and sry for poor english (:
"
hfourftw wrote:
Doing this build and its feeling very well!
But i have a question. Is 6th link poison support really matter for lacerate? i mean its already have ~40% chance for poison from voidheart and 25% from dirty techniques passive and poison stacks looks pretty decent. i have 5l starforge right now and idk should i trying to get 6l for poison support?
also im doing all guardians and almost kill the shaper but have some badluck at last phace and failed. thanks for share the build and sry for poor english (:

i don't like my current setup with poison, and before cherubim chest i used cospri' chest, but in 6l i don't know wich gem could be used. i want rework a bit the setup and some mechanics. Also i'm waiting for new skill, i hope GGG make an OP skill for sowrds since they created starforge as new OP item..

"
Duchesss wrote:
"
Hitma47 wrote:
i don't know the chance to shock from Starforge; for crit version need more passives, and atm in this tree i don't know what take off.. for now remain RT

I'm also playing non-crit lacerate starforger. Just little bit different skill tree and i have blood magic and use witchfire to apply curse.

What i ment, is that you have no way to apply shock to enemies, so you're not utilizing starforge to it's fullest. I really suggest you to get this enchantment to your boots: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifier:EnchantmentChanceCauseStatusAilmentsWhileHaventCrit3

so you mean starforge don't apply shock if non crit? Soul taker apply chill with RT so i tought was the same thing for starforge but idk..
yes that enchant could be good..

"
fulger_x wrote:
Hi, I like the build i'm currently playing pretty much the same but without a starforge, what would you change in the build/gear/tree/auras ? also are the poison/duration nodes really worth it ?

depend from ur weapon............... and yes thery are worth
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
"
Hitma47 wrote:
so you mean starforge don't apply shock if non crit? Soul taker apply chill with RT so i tought was the same thing for starforge but idk..
yes that enchant could be good..
Yeah. chill has different mechanics behind it. You can chill with non crit cold damage but you cant shock with non crit damage.
any alternative for starforge? and is this HC viable? TY
-NinZo-
I just made a random impulse decision and traded for a very nicely rolled Starforge (719 dps) almost completely depleting my currency (only 5 link but oh well, I'll just put my main attack on chest, until I feel like pushing my luck with RNGsus). So I started looking for builds.

I REALLY want a crit lacerate build with it, but I'm kinda new (started less than 3 months ago), so I lack the experience (and obviously the currency... ugh) to complete a build. Do you think that going crit route is possible without stuff like Skyforth/Atziri's Acuity? Not using the "physical damage can shock" property feels like a waste, not to mention that ridiculous base damage on the sword, but I certainly understand the cost effectiveness of RT.

Gear would need to be adjusted with a few uniques, but I think a lab enchanted Rat's Nest/Abyssus with 60% Lacerate crit + Maligaro's could already go a long way. (that's already 7-8 exa for the helm though, which is a pretty big investment for me)

My 2nd big question is about Voidheart, Cherrubim's and the Poison Support linked to your lacerate. I understand that Voidheart is an amazing item and I'm familiar with the DOT mechanics more or less, but isn't the bleed part kinda wasted with lacerate? How would you feel about using Cospri's Will to apply the poison and running Vulnerability/Assassin's Mark? Atm I'm playing an RT/WOE/Lacerate slayer and I can see why one would not want to give up Cherrubim's (although I haven't tried it myself yet), so I'd like to pick your brain on this too.

I just slammed Starforge on my current slayer build and I think I'm in love with that AOE buff lol

Thanks in advance if you answer my questions, and also thanks for the build, for now I have no option but to go with RT, so I'll probably try something very similar.
Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Oct 6, 2016, 4:53:01 PM
"
Zoda_Jones wrote:
I just made a random impulse decision and traded for a very nicely rolled Starforge (719 dps) almost completely depleting my currency (only 5 link but oh well, I'll just put my main attack on chest, until I feel like pushing my luck with RNGsus). So I started looking for builds.

I REALLY want a crit lacerate build with it, but I'm kinda new (started less than 3 months ago), so I lack the experience (and obviously the currency... ugh) to complete a build. Do you think that going crit route is possible without stuff like Skyforth/Atziri's Acuity? Not using the "physical damage can shock" property feels like a waste, not to mention that ridiculous base damage on the sword, but I certainly understand the cost effectiveness of RT.

Gear would need to be adjusted with a few uniques, but I think a lab enchanted Rat's Nest/Abyssus with 60% Lacerate crit + Maligaro's could already go a long way. (that's already 7-8 exa for the helm though, which is a pretty big investment for me)

My 2nd big question is about Voidheart, Cherrubim's and the Poison Support linked to your lacerate. I understand that Voidheart is an amazing item and I'm familiar with the DOT mechanics more or less, but isn't the bleed part kinda wasted with lacerate? How would you feel about using Cospri's Will to apply the poison and running Vulnerability/Assassin's Mark? Atm I'm playing an RT/WOE/Lacerate slayer and I can see why one would not want to give up Cherrubim's (although I haven't tried it myself yet), so I'd like to pick your brain on this too.

I just slammed Starforge on my current slayer build and I think I'm in love with that AOE buff lol

Thanks in advance if you answer my questions, and also thanks for the build, for now I have no option but to go with RT, so I'll probably try something very similar.

so yes crit if possible but need many nodes on tree, acuity yes but not skyforth absolutely not worth lol; in my first setup i used cospri's will and fortify insted poison gem, but the leech rate from cherubim is really nice so i'm trying cherubim atm and fortify is not mandatory since i use it with leap slam, so i don't know what to use in 6l to upgrade damage for this reason i use poison gem + cherubim. But this is not my final setup, i was thinking about do take some rare gloves with vulnerability on hit, go blood magic and use kaoms. Or still i don't know, i'm chosing some alternative.. then, bleeding works well with big oneshot, lacerate don't has big hit damage but is always free damage ;)
sorry for bad eng, HF
I just threw a bunch of regrets at my WOE build and converted it to use Starforge with RT and the results are spectacular (for me), huge improvement in DPS and I don't notice any hit on survivability after losing my block (had double reckless defense + rumi's setup with WOE...thought I'd miss it way more). The tooltip is only like 5k higher but with vulnerability running and pure physical damage over hatred/added fire setup it feels like doubled, I don't even bother to switch in conc effect for most bosses. Dropped some life nodes for life mana/leech and I'm running determination + vulnerability now. It's a temporary solution as I wanted to post my 6L WOE on poetrade asap, so its nowhere near optimized, but I already like it more than the old version. RT ain't so bad after all hehe, still, I'm planning to eventualy convert it into a crit build (especially since all 3 of my builds so far were RT... want to try some new setup).

----

Edit: made a crit passive/gear setup that I'm really happy with, but I need to link my Starforge and get a Cospri's (or get 6L cospri's) to make the transition. Has a bit less life than my current RT setup, but the damage should be way superior. Around 50% crit chance without power charges unless if my math sucks, so shock should be applied pretty much all the time with Lacerate's attack speed. Not that great multiplier since I made it without Abyssus (managed to snag a lacerate crit Rat's Nest for a reasonable price, even if it's only 40%). but since I'm planning to run dual blasphemy (assassin's mark + vulnerability),but my armor propbably wouldn't be high enough anyway to be comfortable with it.

What do you think about using The Retch? It deals chaos damage (so it can supplement Starforge) and should work nicely with Slayer, but I haven't done any reading on its mechanics yet.
Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Oct 6, 2016, 10:51:13 PM
"
Zoda_Jones wrote:
I just threw a bunch of regrets at my WOE build and converted it to use Starforge with RT and the results are spectacular (for me), huge improvement in DPS and I don't notice any hit on survivability after losing my block (had double reckless defense + rumi's setup with WOE...thought I'd miss it way more). The tooltip is only like 5k higher but with vulnerability running and pure physical damage over hatred/added fire setup it feels like doubled, I don't even bother to switch in conc effect for most bosses. Dropped some life nodes for life mana/leech and I'm running determination + vulnerability now. It's a temporary solution as I wanted to post my 6L WOE on poetrade asap, so its nowhere near optimized, but I already like it more than the old version. RT ain't so bad after all hehe, still, I'm planning to eventualy convert it into a crit build (especially since all 3 of my builds so far were RT... want to try some new setup).

----

Edit: made a crit passive/gear setup that I'm really happy with, but I need to link my Starforge and get a Cospri's (or get 6L cospri's) to make the transition. Has a bit less life than my current RT setup, but the damage should be way superior. Around 50% crit chance without power charges unless if my math sucks, so shock should be applied pretty much all the time with Lacerate's attack speed. Not that great multiplier since I made it without Abyssus (managed to snag a lacerate crit Rat's Nest for a reasonable price, even if it's only 40%). but since I'm planning to run dual blasphemy (assassin's mark + vulnerability),but my armor propbably wouldn't be high enough anyway to be comfortable with it.

What do you think about using The Retch? It deals chaos damage (so it can supplement Starforge) and should work nicely with Slayer, but I haven't done any reading on its mechanics yet.

the retch is not cheap and don't think is wroth if u don't have enought leech
for the rest of ur message i'm glad to read it :) i'm also working on crit tree, have to do some try :)
Been thinking a bit more about the crit version, and I wonder what you think about a tree like this:
Passive skill tree build

It utilizes dodge (and evasion) over armor and gets some nice stuff from the ranger area. Armor could still be Cospri's Will, but Hyrri's Irea could work as well as more defensive option, maybe Kaom's as it'd have fewer hp nodes. Would probably want Fortify linked to lacerate with this setup so the 6 link would be:
Lacerate
Melee Phys
Multistrike
Fortify
Inc AoE/Conc effect
Crit chance

Idk how viable the evasion would be with barely any evasion nodes so not sure if I'd want Grace or Arctic Armor (or simply double blasphemy with Cospri's), but stacking high evasion with high dodge has diminishing returns anyway.
Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Oct 7, 2016, 6:57:07 PM
"
Zoda_Jones wrote:
Been thinking a bit more about the crit version, and I wonder what you think about a tree like this:
Passive skill tree build

It utilizes dodge (and evasion) over armor and gets some nice stuff from the ranger area. Armor could still be Cospri's Will, but Hyrri's Irea could work as well as more defensive option, maybe Kaom's as it'd have fewer hp nodes. Would probably want Fortify linked to lacerate with this setup so the 6 link would be:
Lacerate
Melee Phys
Multistrike
Fortify
Inc AoE/Conc effect
Crit chance

Idk how viable the evasion would be with barely any evasion nodes so not sure if I'd want Grace or Arctic Armor (or simply double blasphemy with Cospri's), but stacking high evasion with high dodge has diminishing returns anyway.

the tree has 114% life dude xD and i don't like it anyway; in 6l setup drop fortify and use faster attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info