2.4 Coc Burning Vortex. 1-shot t15 bosses, great clearspeed. Shaper deathless. 11k ES, 5+ mil dps

Can you please tell me how big is the difference in damage between elementalist and trickster?
"
siema87 wrote:
Can you please tell me how big is the difference in damage between elementalist and trickster?

fairly significant but trickster has many smaller benefits especially defensively
There is one thing that is fooling me about CoC - vortex - pyre - Elemental equilibrium interaction all together.
We add in our gear lightning damage on attacks because when we hit EE will proc, lowering fire and cold resistance.
Then vortex proc from the crit and its initial damage, as well as the burning damage, benefit from the reduced fire res from EE.
But then there is DoT vortex effect - and I have read somewhere that it still remain cold damage. Doesn't that cold dot damage raise the fire resistance? Or maybe being a dot doesn't proc EE effect?

Another Question: I understand why increased spell /fire /area damage double dip with vortex, but why doesn't double dip increased cold damage, being 100% converted to fire by pyre?
"
engharat wrote:
There is one thing that is fooling me about CoC - vortex - pyre - Elemental equilibrium interaction all together.
We add in our gear lightning damage on attacks because when we hit EE will proc, lowering fire and cold resistance.
Then vortex proc from the crit and its initial damage, as well as the burning damage, benefit from the reduced fire res from EE.
But then there is DoT vortex effect - and I have read somewhere that it still remain cold damage. Doesn't that cold dot damage raise the fire resistance? Or maybe being a dot doesn't proc EE effect?

Another Question: I understand why increased spell /fire /area damage double dip with vortex, but why doesn't double dip increased cold damage, being 100% converted to fire by pyre?

You've already answered your first question yourself.

Only a hit that deals damage is required to apply these resistance modifiers.
[...]
Damage which does not come from a hit, such as Searing Bond or the burning ground from Fire Trap, does not trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

- The official PoE wiki

Spell damage double dips because it affects the initial hit by vortex and the burning dot damage. Cold damage only increases the initial hit since

Damage conversion is a mechanic that changes the damage type from a hit into another damage type. Damage conversions do not apply to damage over time.
- The official PoE wiki

---

Also this build here will be my next one. I really like the idea and combination of items/spells.
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
Last edited by Tizid on Dec 28, 2016, 5:47:45 AM
I've been playing this build for a couple of days now, its great fun; you can even level with it if you get a low lvl vagan dagger. (I always prefer to level with the build I will play) although firestorm is probably better.
I have been playing around with shield charge and cyclone and I think shield charge is superior because of the clear speed it lets you have (and it ignores attack speed so you can take +1 in cruel instead of kraityn). Using kiara's atm but will probably go for chayula/essence of chayula thing for endgame.
Last edited by thevdende on Dec 28, 2016, 8:00:48 AM
If someone wanna do a budget (and more defensive) version, going CI, is the new 6L armor with 100% increased global defense fit nicely with this build?
We are gonna get a bunch of ES from all pieces of equip, coz we don't use any crappy piece. We can get easily 400 ES from shield, 200 from gloves, 250 from boots, 300 from helmet. The chest would provide 1150 ES if I understand it correctly. We would lose PA damage bonus, but we would enjoy +700ES from armor chest and we would benefit the +1 socketed gem level that would recover some "more damage" bonus from the support gems. What are your thoughts about that?
I can confirm CI works *quite* well with the skin of the loyal, possibly better than low life in fact. You lose the ability to run vitality, but you can make up for that by just running a marble amulet, and the damage is actually higher if you can manage to corrupt +1 to gems on the robe. I've got about 40K vortex tooltip dps in hideout (60K with conc), however that's with level 28 vortex (level 21 base gem, level 4 empower, +1 gems skin of loyal,) so it can get a bit pricey. Kicks like a mule though.
nvm ;)
Last edited by siema87 on Dec 29, 2016, 9:20:04 AM
Does a level 4 empower override the damage from controlled destruction?
Yeah use empower over controlled destruction, you do lose the more modifier but it also makes it much easier to max out your crit chance. I picked up a shavs and am trying out the low life version at the moment as the math says the ignites are significantly stronger, but in practice it's feeling much worse to me. Thinking about getting a presence of chayula and trying to make low life work with the skin of the loyal and still have pain attunement, this might be the best of both worlds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info