2.4 Coc Burning Vortex. 1-shot t15 bosses, great clearspeed. Shaper deathless. 11k ES, 5+ mil dps

Why not use Hrimburn gloves to ignite (frees up 1-2 ring slots at the cost of gloveslot and no need to use cold to fire gem, even if it is as good as lvl 3 empower)? Only fire dmg nodes on tree you would normally get are heart of flame (can get witch and shadow start nodes instead for example and go for zealoths oath + crit nodes there). All elemental dmg and spelldmg still doubledips this way plus you can use herald of ice 4L for a fun "frost nuke" kinda clearbuild (or just get ele prolife from elementalist)? EE also still works because of the cold aoe dot from vortex?

Would love to discuss this since I want to try it, vortex mtx and herald of ice gloom mtx looks so good ;D

My tree would look something like this (open in 2.6 offline tree planner or Path of Building)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAVCDXwOSBEPES8RUBGWEzUV1xekGFYYahslHRQdTyBuIvQmiCj6KgsrCiycLKYsvy2oNAo1uTdmPV9BlkSrRXxGcUlRSbFLrkyLTLNQMFJTVEdVrlZjV8lYB1xrXfJfamh0bAttGW-ecFJ3B3gvfOV_xoIQgseDCYRIhq6HE4nTjDaOZI9Gj6aP-pDWkPqTJ5eVl5eX9Jitm6GcpKEvpr6nK6yYrrOxkLQMtDi2-rcwuZO-gL6KwcXDCcNtytPQH9DQ0PXUB9fP2VvaYtte3I3fbd-K37DlGeha6QLquuv17BjvS--I7-vw1fId96b3wffX-Tf56PrS-_U=

Going for ZO cuz 6.7% es regen per sec with just shavs revelation and tree

Not going for templar AoE atm since I feel no need with HoI chain reactions, if it feels too bad I will respec into it though.

TLDR: I see no problem, use Hrimburn gloves, dont get fire or cold dmg nodes only ele/spelldmg? What are your thoughts?
"
pwn4321 wrote:
Why not use Hrimburn gloves to ignite (frees up 1-2 ring slots at the cost of gloveslot and no need to use cold to fire gem, even if it is as good as lvl 3 empower)? Only fire dmg nodes on tree you would normally get are heart of flame (can get witch and shadow start nodes instead for example and go for zealoths oath + crit nodes there). All elemental dmg and spelldmg still doubledips this way plus you can use herald of ice 4L for a fun "frost nuke" kinda clearbuild (or just get ele prolife from elementalist)? EE also still works because of the cold aoe dot from vortex?

Would love to discuss this since I want to try it, vortex mtx and herald of ice gloom mtx looks so good ;D

My tree would look something like this (open in 2.6 offline tree planner or Path of Building)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAVCDXwOSBEPES8RUBGWEzUV1xekGFYYahslHRQdTyBuIvQmiCj6KgsrCiycLKYsvy2oNAo1uTdmPV9BlkSrRXxGcUlRSbFLrkyLTLNQMFJTVEdVrlZjV8lYB1xrXfJfamh0bAttGW-ecFJ3B3gvfOV_xoIQgseDCYRIhq6HE4nTjDaOZI9Gj6aP-pDWkPqTJ5eVl5eX9Jitm6GcpKEvpr6nK6yYrrOxkLQMtDi2-rcwuZO-gL6KwcXDCcNtytPQH9DQ0PXUB9fP2VvaYtte3I3fbd-K37DlGeha6QLquuv17BjvS--I7-vw1fId96b3wffX-Tf56PrS-_U=

Going for ZO cuz 6.7% es regen per sec with just shavs revelation and tree

Not going for templar AoE atm since I feel no need with HoI chain reactions, if it feels too bad I will respec into it though.

TLDR: I see no problem, use Hrimburn gloves, dont get fire or cold dmg nodes only ele/spelldmg? What are your thoughts?

In 2.6 new Hrimsorrow gloves got +cold dmg to spells and attacks, dunno how it will affect fated version. :/
I was also testing hrimburn+1 curse from doedre ring with 30% flammability enchant on helm, and dmg wasn't that great :C
But isn't cold dmg to spells and attacks alright since the burn is considered fire dmg? Also you don't really wanna use flammability I guess, since it only buffs ignite dmg not the hit up front (just go ele weakness and defensive curses like warlords mark or witchfire brew for vulnera if in a party with poison char like I will)
Last edited by pwn4321 on Mar 2, 2017, 3:47:37 PM
"
pwn4321 wrote:
But isn't cold dmg to spells and attacks alright since the burn is considered fire dmg? Also you don't really wanna use flammability I guess, since it only buffs ignite dmg not the hit up front (just go ele weakness and defensive curses like warlords mark or witchfire brew for vulnera if in a party with poison char like I will)

Cold dmg to spells and attacks will ruin EE, flammability curse effectiveness gives more ignite dmg than 40% vortex dmg.
So, what you guys thinking , does thos build is ruined? Or there is a way to play with it?
Phys Coc was my favorite build but it got fcked a bit. Ironicaly, but when i saw this build on breach last days, i've considered playing this on legacy league, so i rly need advice what items to use (like Hrimburn) cuz pyre R.I.P so bad .
Last edited by letsroll123 on Mar 3, 2017, 5:57:14 AM
build is dead. RIP
it's not RIP, just need some tweak to work lazy boy.
"
pwn4321 wrote:
Why not use Hrimburn gloves to ignite

From WIKI:

Critical strikes inherently have a 100% chance to ignite.

Critical strikes from Vortex hit (converted to fire by Pyre Ring + Cold to Fire Gem) will 100% ignite. so, no need to use Hrimburn gloves to ignite.

Problem at moment is: How to Convert 100% cold to fire with Pyre Ring nerfed (40% cold damage converted to Fire damage, down from 100%)

Solution: Include Cold to Fire gem in your 5/6L setup.

Avatar of Fire doesn't convert DoT part of Vortex AND will deal ZERO damage. (don't mess with it).
Last edited by bombtrap on Mar 3, 2017, 9:56:28 AM
But New pyre give 40% , Cold to fire gives 50% conversion = 90%. How about those 10% cold?
"
letsroll123 wrote:
But New pyre give 40% , Cold to fire gives 50% conversion = 90%. How about those 10% cold?

you loose that 10% but Gain (10-29)% of Cold Damage as Extra Fire Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info