[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

Nice guide, brought me back to poe :-)

Crafted a 900 ES chest earlier last year but didn't know what to build around it.

Currently crafting this bad boy as upgrade:

Wow! awesome and very fun build, thank you for the update.
I don't feel secure with the current leech from the curse so, in order to get Life Leech gem in FP, which gem you will drop from the current 6L?

Regards.
@zerocx
Added Cold Damage.
My current 6L setup has 278.8k tooltip DPS and 5L without it is 226.9k.

Just for reference: 5L without Cold to Fire 205k, and 5L without Increased Critical Strikes is 208.7k, and 5L without Controlled Destruction is 207.9k.

So you'll need 2 red and 4 blue sockets if you want to use Life Leech support for another 2% leech extra. You do have Vaal Pact right? If so then life leeched per second doesn't matter.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Why did you go with Cold Snap over Vortex in the second CWDT setup? From what I can see, Vortex would be better, unless I'm missing something.

Quite enjoying this build, BTW. It is quite strong in a lot of Breach content, and Freeze Pulse was always a preferred racing skill of mine, so it's great to be able to see it maxed out during end game now as well.
@RoryTate
Thanks.

Hmm I can't remember if I tried Vortex before, but I did just now and well it's a valid option. I'll add it to the guide.

The differences I see are:
- Cold Snap freezes but happens once, Vortex chills but lasts 3 seconds.
- Personally I find Vortex a bit too distracting for eyes. Probably needs getting used to.
- Damage wise (not really important since this is a utility skill) they are similar but Vortex also does damage over time.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Jan 20, 2017, 3:43:15 PM
Update.

Updated some parts in guide, removed old stuff, expanded gear a bit, updated some values, made more text italic (less important) etc.

I got a 21/12 Freezing pulse gem recently, very cheaply for 40c, Guessing 2ex is the price.
It does increase damage from 285k to 307k tooltip DPS. Goes up to 410k with 5 power charges. 21/20 would be faster but this is okay. I had 21/0 before and it was bit too slow (fades out too quickly).

And I also did corrupt my 20/20 support gems and two are now 21/20, one 20/23, which made a bit more damage, I think 10k from 275k.

This is probably the final touch for DPS. Can't imagine more, of course one could invest even few exalts in a jewel, but times 6 this goes to insane cost.

ES is now 10.5k. And computed multiplier 5x.

Also updated Stats section, with new images.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Jan 22, 2017, 10:46:48 AM
Is it better for the Freezing Pulse gem to be Level 21 or 23% Quality? And would you know approx the difference in cost? I just recently purchased a 23% quality Spell Echo Support for 20 chaos. Not sure if it was a good deal or not.
For Freezing Pulse definitely Level 21, it increases damage by quite much, and quality just makes projectiles faster (wiki link).
This is the biggest part in DPS increase.

Difference in cost hmm, I wouldn't buy 20/23 at all, it is cheaper but doesn't IMO do anything. I got 21/12 which is slower and I don't mind.
And for 21/20, well it's rare to find and some prices are 4ex even. I think it could be better to maybe buy 20/20 gems, seem to be 18-20 chaos and corrupt it until it's 21/20.

For Spell Echo it's tiny bit better to have 23% quality since level 21 does 1% more cast speed while 3% extra quality will do 1.5% more (wiki link). It's not a big difference but if you do this for all support gems this sums up, to a small amount of more DPS.

20 chaos is a great price for it, I only see 1 offer for that on poe.trade and rest are higher.
10 chaos is for regular 20/20 Spell Echo. Well since getting 20 quality needs 20 gcp and this is already about 23 chaos to buy, it's a good deal.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Jan 23, 2017, 1:08:13 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know I'm glad I asked about the level 21 freezing pulse. I saw most people's freezing pulse builds using 23% quality so I thought that was the best. Glad I noticed you upgraded that gem recently or I would have bought the wrong one :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info