[2.6] Chaos Animate Weapon Necromancer (EHC level 100!)

Also Uber,

Is it worth experimenting with the Victario's Charity shield and the Aegis passive node? This would give every weapon max frenzy and power charges with only the loss of around 1k ES and player elemental resistances that can be recovered elsewhere. My biggest worry with this though is the added lag caused by so many charges. After all it would be 300 Frenzy (400 if I respec to Kraityn in Merc) and 300 Power.

Jack
Hello Uber. Watched you in stream last night and got pretty interested in trying this build out. I'm fairly new and trying to plan my build out a bit but looking at your guide, I don't see the tree. Is this intentional or am I blind? Thanks.
"
Synreaver wrote:
Hello Uber. Watched you in stream last night and got pretty interested in trying this build out. I'm fairly new and trying to plan my build out a bit but looking at your guide, I don't see the tree. Is this intentional or am I blind? Thanks.

It is there, Severed in Sleep version and Queens escape version
"
"
Synreaver wrote:

It is there, Severed in Sleep version and Queens escape version

Ah. I see it. Under the transition to AW tab. Ty.
Last edited by Synreaver on Jan 13, 2017, 2:14:26 PM
This definitely beats up normal Atziri - I have 6 Atrizi Promise flasks to prove it.

There's two caveats:
- Must end each phase before she pops her Flameblast. Leveled+quality Temporal Chains helps by making the Flameblast slower and you should be Wither stacking her hard instead of running scared. For me it makes the difference if I'm brave and stand in the flameblast just to keep Withering her. If she dies her Flameblast doesn't pop. For what it's worth, my weapons can survive one flameblast (but not two, I use Sapping Eternal Life Flask of Animation to heal them up).
- Bring 50+ animated weapons into the fight - can be easy if you find a breach just before.
- Hotswap your Melee Splash with Increased Duration in the long hallway leading up to Atziri (don't need Increased Duration for anything else).
- Pick up Daggers leading up to her. If she does her add phase, drop your daggers on the ground and (manually clicking them without Spell Totem) animate them. If you don't, your weapon count drops too low and you risk her Flameblasts beating your DPS. (I'm not sure, but it might be possible to turn off Temporal Chains for a while so she speeds up here?!)

Increased Duration does let you increase the timers already on your living weapons. It's obvious - popping in Increased Duration Support and weapons stop despawning for more than 30secs. If you pop out Increased Duration Support after some time, tons of them despawn simultaneously.

Someone asked about animate weapon filter. I modded neversink's animate weapon section to suit my needs. I have shrinking sizes for the 1x3, 2x2, 2x3, and 2x4 weapons so it's more obvious which ones take less inventory space. I also increased the magic ones because in bad scenarios I have to hold my unhide loot key and hunt for blue weapons to get my army back in shape.

Animate Weapon filter code snippet

Show #$animate
Class "One Hand" "Two Hand" "Staves" "Thrusting" "Sceptres" "Claws" "Daggers"
Width = 1
Height = 3
Rarity Normal
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 50
SetFontSize 45

Show #$animate
Class "One Hand" "Two Hand" "Staves" "Thrusting" "Sceptres" "Claws"
Width = 1
Height = 4
Rarity Normal
SetFontSize 30

Show #$animate
Width = 2
Height = 2
Rarity Normal
SetFontSize 30

Show #$animate
Width = 2
Height = 3
Rarity Normal
SetFontSize 20

Show #$animate
Width = 2
Height = 4
Rarity Normal
SetFontSize 20

Show #$animate
Class "One Hand" "Two Hand" "Staves" "Thrusting" "Sceptres" "Claws" "Daggers"
Rarity Magic
Width = 1
Height = 3
Identified True
SetFontSize 40

Show #$animate
Rarity Magic
Width >= 1
Height >= 3
Identified True
SetFontSize 35

Show #$animate
Rarity Rare
Identified True
SetFontSize 40
Last edited by NorrYtt on Jan 15, 2017, 10:39:50 AM
Two new videos of my character.

Solo Esh Breach Lord using multistrike for the boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPIUDNa340w

First Atziri attempt (using melee splash as I forgot my multistrike gem): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1x_9NUc7mU

Link to my character (DreamsOfRage): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheJackula/characters

Since the first video of the 6 man Breach Lord rota I have made several upgrades:

1) Got my Uber lab done to get my last 2 ascendancy points
2) Switched from a 6 link rare to a 5 link cloak (allowing animation of magic weapons at the expense of the void manipulation support)
3) Got a 24% chance to copy animate weapon enchanted helm

However I still do not have an animate guardian.
I'm a little confused as to why this build is life-based. It's primarily an ES build, right? It's not running Shav's and doesn't look like it's got any real chaos res, so it's not low life. Why is it not CI? Is it running auras on life? Seems dangerously weak to chaos damage as it is.
"
procproc wrote:
I'm a little confused as to why this build is life-based. It's primarily an ES build, right? It's not running Shav's and doesn't look like it's got any real chaos res, so it's not low life. Why is it not CI? Is it running auras on life? Seems dangerously weak to chaos damage as it is.

Looks like you missed the node Eldritch Battery, and did not watch the videos.
I did not watch all of the videos. I did read the write-up. Is there a specific video you suggest watching?

Presumably the plan is to reserve 100% of mana and cast off of EB, then? It seems like an excessive amount of ES on gear and not much mitigation. It also seems like the build would work much better as lowlife if that's the plan.
"
It also seems like the build would work much better as lowlife if that's the plan.
I transition my char into a low life auramancer using Shavs. It is a combination of Leary's auramancer and this chaos animate weapon necromancer. I am very happy.

I do not consider my version as a separated build. Therefor I will shortly post idea, tree and gear here.

Idea: Vaal Disciplin and Vaal Haste are buffed with increased skill duration (199% increased) and aura effect nodes (further supported by Sacrificial Harvest). The duration of Vaal haste is nearly 18sec and Vaal Disciplin is 9sec. Especially in breaches and breach domains they are up all the time. I Did Uul-Netol domain without a bleed flask and used Vaal Disciplin instead. Vaal Disciplin allows you to play more aggressivly. Activate, run into group of monsters, convocate. Clear speed is very high. The rest is pretty standard (I dont have Animated Guardian or Zombies, Stone Golem only).

I use a 3 Link SRS setup for starting maps and to counter some disadvantages. It is still slow start but I do not need to bring weapons with me. Also If I fucked up a boss fight and all my weapons died then I can fallback to SRS (Untainted Paradise is done with SRS only). They are very strong even in red maps.

Breach domains: Elemental breach domains are very easy for me. I like Tul very much. I can keep up with the breach wave. You have to prepare for Uul-Netol. Make sure your weapons do not die to bleed. A minion life flask and vitallity aura is very helpful. I did it without a minion flask and vitallity (and missing 4 ascendency points) but it is risky (timer may runs out due to low damage, low weapon count). While my weapon count is about 50 I did not need to swap Melee Splash for Multistrike in boss fights (highest map is T13 currently). I did not try Chayula yet.

Tree, Gear and Links
Tree

Gear and Links: I upgraded my auras to 20% quality and did not have time to level them again.
Last edited by knivil on Jan 20, 2017, 8:24:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info