[2.6] Chaos Animate Weapon Necromancer (EHC level 100!)

I'm trying out the build, and about to transition from SRS to AW and set up all the auras, but I noticed with the spec in the OP, you reserve 120% mana and only get 8% reduced reservation on tree. Am I missing something that makes envy + 2 blasphemy cheaper?
"
NorrYtt wrote:
"
chinz wrote:
How well do you think animate totem would work in bow SRS build?

Spending 12 sockets on two temporary summons means u will be socket-starved so maybe need unset rings. You can't be casting both Wither and SRS (not unless you use Cast While Channeling which not recommended!). My instinct is to wear an Alpha's Howl with 50% auras (some combo of Haste, Anger, Wrath, Generosity, Vaal Haste) just to save gem sockets.

Yeah I realize that I'd be socket starved, but with one unset ring I could fit everything I want into the build when planning it. Most SRS builds run some meatshield summons, AW totem setup would just replace them.

I also realize I'd lose wither and in general AW would deal a lot less damage than it does in a "real" AW build. However, it'd still also have all the damage of normal SRS build. I think especially in breaches AW totem is more valuable than any other meatshield summons you'd otherwise the sockets for and would remove the annoyance of gearing guardian or logging out if he's about to die etc.

I was planning CI so Alpha's Howl isn't a realistic option. However with englighten and a lot of aura nodes on tree I'd get the normal SRS stuff: discipline, haste, generosity-hatred, clarity. It should be possible to leave enough unreserved mana for AW totem, and for heavy SRS spamming I'd rely on vaal clarity.

The aura setup is one of the things I'm worried about. I'm already losing one link for not using the new sword and not even having AW in +1 item. Along with having sub-optimal auras for AW, how much damage will they do? I still think they'd add very significant damage for clearing breaches, simply because you get an insane amount of weapons by just casting a totem every now and then.

edit: I asked uber on stream, he said that AW is quite reliant on having sources of added flat damage and then scaling it further. So I guess at least the aura setup would have to be compromised to get meaningful damage out of AWs.
Last edited by chinz on Jan 7, 2017, 4:08:16 AM
Yes, I usually don't consider Hatred for AW. I'm pretty sure you want to scale minion added elemental and attack speed. And somehow get a lower resist curse and/or elemental equilibrium proc somehow with very few gem slots.

There's a problem where too many compromises creates a crash point where the AW fails to sustain. At some point in the 80s my AW became strong enough (I guess from skill gem levels) to overtake my alch + Vaal on a red map and I climbed my map pool from tier 11 to tier 15 in 5 sequential maps. Only a Vaal Templeor the Chimera could stop me I found.

Sure, there's a theoretical top end where you are SRS and AW and it's nuts, but I don't feel like they shore up each other's weaknesses. Besides removing the setup and care required for permanent minions like zombies, specters, animate guardian.

For CI I guess your gear is covering your Es and mana requirements. I personally always uses a eternal life flask of animation so all my summoners are life-based.
Last edited by NorrYtt on Jan 7, 2017, 8:19:00 AM
hey, anyone here doing a Cwc version of this? got a few question

1. Would ci be better than life for this

2. does dps go down if you use cwc instead of casting AW urself

"
codecimal wrote:
I'm trying out the build, and about to transition from SRS to AW and set up all the auras, but I noticed with the spec in the OP, you reserve 120% mana and only get 8% reduced reservation on tree. Am I missing something that makes envy + 2 blasphemy cheaper?

In the 2.5 end game gear section, he talks about getting a United in Dream instead of the Severed in Sleep. You have to finish the Sovereignty cluster to be able to run Envy along with the blasphemies.

While talking about the transition, he uses Discipline instead of a 50% aura, assuming you still have Severed in Sleep instead of Envy.

Edit: I love this build! I am about to transition in to AW and can't wait to just destroy things. I know there is going to be a learning curve to working with AW since I have never played it but looking forward to it.
Last edited by KnightMage on Jan 7, 2017, 3:31:10 PM
"
UhYuuki wrote:
hey, anyone here doing a Cwc version of this? got a few question

1. Would ci be better than life for this

2. does dps go down if you use cwc instead of casting AW urself

1. technically i think lowlife is better with bis gear because you can run more auras. the only real aura that would give you dmg is haste tho. could run grace and give your minions evasion tho. or health regen i guess.

2. the problem with cwc is what do you take out. added chaos- void manip - animate weapon - melee splash - minion dmg - spell totem swap out. if you use cwc you need to drop 2 gems. totem is 1, but all the other ones are too good to drop.
Hello, my summoned weapons are squishy, and they die quickly if they get attacked.

They are also slower than SRS, however, the damage is crazy. a single white weapon can 3-4 shot most rare mobs.

Breaches are pretty hard for me, as self-cast, so im using a tabula atm so I can "automate" my summoning via totem.

I have 6.2k ES atm even with tabula (I want CI instead of life), so i think the trade off is well worth it (hard to find and animate weapons while staying safe and keeping all buffs up)
How should I be progressing through the passive skill tree as I level?

Do I pick up Hex Master + Eldritch Battery first then move onto Whispers of Doom?

Has anyone successfully completed Shaper with this build?
Last edited by PotassiumSquared on Jan 8, 2017, 6:24:20 PM
very nice build keep it up man
"
How should I be progressing through the passive skill tree as I level?

Do I pick up Hex Master + Eldritch Battery first then move onto Whispers of Doom?

Has anyone successfully completed Shaper with this build?

I picked up Eldritch Battery last, only after getting Envy (United in Dream). I was using mana until then. The dual curse Temp Chains + Enfeeble is powerful defense so get that pretty quick.

Weapons don't drop in the Shaper's Realm (except bosses) because Nick_GGG thought players would stand around and loot while Shaper regens all his life in one of the phases.

So it's doubtful any animate weapon build can beat Shaper.

I was playing this same Chaos Animator build last league with Queen's Escape and was quite perturbed to find out a week later that weapons don't drop in the final map.

This is a top tier breachstone clearer so that sort of makes up for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info