[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

this build should take the saboteur ascendancy because it's such a currency trap
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 4, 2017, 4:24:18 AM
why doesnt this guide also guide us to the nearest RMT station???
beyond ign: BlackHaggar, WindRIPer
so glad i sold off all the gear for this build and went with something that didn't cost 300ex to be decent, i feel sorry for people spending their time and currency into this build thinking it'll be worth it from a 25-30ex investment on a temp league. spend those exalteds on buying the challenges instead ahahhahahahaaaaaaaaAAAAA
hey, so i'm running this build on breach ATM... level 85 with pretty decent gear but struggling compared with previous builds... any chance you could have a look at the profile see if theres anything i'm doing wrong here / how to make this stronger?

allocated ascendency differently for general mapping, will roll it over once i start going for bosses but the build doesn't feel capable of it at the moment with my current setup
"
MFJones wrote:
"
lolheretic wrote:

in your opinion what makes a build temp league friendly? how can you say this build is mediocre on temp leagues?

If you play enough to be able to afford a 420+ dps bow and a 750+ ES 6L Chest then go for it, it's still a great build. But the fact is that most people who play temp leagues will never be able to afford such gear unless they get incredibly lucky with drops. Let's be honest here. Without legacy and mirrored gear, this build only performs at about 25% of it's maximum potential at best.

A temp-league friendly build in my opinion is one that can be done and optimized within 10-20 ex and doesn't require mirrored or legacy gear to perform well. Something like cospri's discharge build can be done within 15 ex and performs quite well and clears fast. It can also be scaled to be even better with better gear later on.

The problem with this build is that the disparity between building it with 25 ex versus building it with 300 ex. It's just not comparable and doesn't even feel like the same build. You won't be able to melt big bosses with a shit 350 dps bow or a reach. If you decide to play the build with low budget then you're not gonna have a good time. If you don't believe me then go ahead and dump more currency into the build. I've already tried with 80+ ex with no success. The build is not satisfying without comparable mirrored/legacy gear. In fact it feels quite shitty.

ah ok, i see now, some people do make 80 ex and a temp league and can make it work (myself).. you are right you cant make it work with 10-20 ex... but qotf poison bow is much more than 10-20 ex aswell so i guess thats not league friendly.

it sucks you couldnt get it to work for some reason, but i had it working with 70-80 ex... i paid 10 ex for my bow which is 388 pdps and i destroy shaper/uber atziri and anything else the game can throw at me.

to get this build going you need to understand what the build takes, its not as easy as, buy these uniques and you are good to go, i hope people that have 70-80 ex arent discouraged by what you are saying and actually try the build as its most certainly the best bow build in the game, even on temp leagues, but it may not be the build for everybody, especially if you dont know how to make currency and understand how this build is put together.
"
Viscrid wrote:
hey, so i'm running this build on breach ATM... level 85 with pretty decent gear but struggling compared with previous builds... any chance you could have a look at the profile see if theres anything i'm doing wrong here / how to make this stronger?

allocated ascendency differently for general mapping, will roll it over once i start going for bosses but the build doesn't feel capable of it at the moment with my current setup

drop the green dream and pick up more jewel sockets, you need crit chance/attack speed/phys damage.

your gear otherwise looks decent, you could do with better damage on belt/rings/neck and a +1 quiver will go a long way5 when it comes to boss fights
"
MFJones wrote:
this build should take the saboteur ascendancy because it's such a currency trap

Are you salty that you somehow didn't get this build to work and spent a lot of currency or is there any other reason to spam useless posts in this thread?

Killing Shaper/Guardians with an Investment of around 60-80ex certainly worked fine for me. This build obliterates them easily. Faster then the poison BF build I played before.
Just make sure that you don't try to craft your Harb yourself, lost quite a lot of currency there. ._.
"
Viscrid wrote:

Your gear is pretty solid, but I did notice some major things that should help drastically.

- You haven't grabbed alchemist. This is such a crucial node, it boosts your damage, leech, defense and QoL (longer flask uptime). Drop a jewel if passives are an issue until you level your character more.

- Dying Sun Ruby flask. This is borderline a prerequisite for the build. It's giving you 50% more barrage projectiles, huge damage boost and helps with your ts/la clear speed as well.

- Your boot enchant is wrong. You want the APS/Cast speed enchant. The faster you attack the more damage you can output especially with barrage. It'll give the build a nice "smoother" feeling while mapping as well. APS in general is reeaaalllly nice for this build. Thankfully this shouldnt take many lab runs to obtain.

- 20/20 Gems. This will add up, I noticed you're lacking quality on alot of your gems.

Have you tried LA for mapping over TS yet? I noticed you're lacking accuracy as well. What are your crit chance and chance to hit numbers (fully charged).

I know for certain the above recommendations will help your build.
Last edited by Solishaw on Jan 4, 2017, 5:14:43 AM
"
"
Viscrid wrote:

Your gear is pretty solid, but I did notice some major things that should help drastically.

- You haven't grabbed alchemist. This is such a crucial node, it boosts your damage, leech, defense and QoL (longer flask uptime). Drop a jewel if passives are an issue until you level your character more.

- Dying Sun Ruby flask. This is borderline a prerequisite for the build. It's giving you 50% more barrage projectiles, huge damage boost and helps with your ts/la clear speed as well.

- Your boot enchant is wrong. You want the APS/Cast speed enchant. The faster you attack the more damage you can output especially with barrage. It'll give the build a nice "smoother" feeling while mapping as well. APS in general is reeaaalllly nice for this build. Thankfully this shouldnt take many lab runs to obtain.

- 20/20 Gems. This will add up, I noticed you're lacking quality on alot of your gems.

Have you tried LA for mapping over TS yet? I noticed you're lacking accuracy as well. What are your crit chance and chance to hit numbers (fully charged).

I know for certain the above recommendations will help your build.

thanks for the feedback, i notice the gear discrepancies in flask / quiver and ench - will be working on it once i get some more currency :P wasn't sure about dying sun just yet as my base damage is so low, but i imagine it would probably still be worthwhile over atziri when the currency becomes available..

enchants and gems will be coming, the char has only been in maps for a day, hopefully that will provide a nice boost when it comes.. i'll try buying some higher gems see what difference it makes. alchemist is the next point i'll be getting on levelup

unfortunately lightning arrow knocks me down to 30fps so not an option, but accuracy is indeed low, around 79% to hit

@lolheretic - would you remove the jewel slot or just replace it with a 3-4mod damage jewel ? not sure how ~ 60% increased damage compares with the 12% more damage/speed of frenzy charges, which is why i went green. please correct me if i'm wrong/misunderstood :) thanks for the feedback
"
Viscrid wrote:
hey, so i'm running this build on breach ATM... level 85 with pretty decent gear but struggling compared with previous builds...

Hey visc this build isn't meant for noobs like you mate .. : )
Last edited by Aedre32 on Jan 4, 2017, 5:39:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info