[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
"
alexh1985 wrote:

Can anyone please comment on my gear choices? I pretty much followed OP's suggestion but can get no where near the 200k tooltip barrage DPS shown (mine is like 50k). How can I improve (besides from continue leveling my gems)?

The DPS on your bow is a little low (324), you should try to go for ~400. Your helmet has the wrong barrage enchant, what you want is +2 projectiles, also try swapping the moonstone ring for a diamond ring with similar stats. Along with that you can switch out your diamond flask of grounding (which we do not need because pathfinder ascendancy) for a diamond flask of staunching, and drop the silver flask in favor of a Taste of Hate, which is a HUGE DPS boost. The reason for this is that the onslaught buff granted by silver flasks is not affected by flask effectiveness (you should have 50% with the nodes on the tree + ascendancy), whereas the 30% gained by Taste of Hate is affected, and is based off of your pre-conversion phys damage.

If u do not have much currency left, I recommend selling off your +1 Signal Fire, and buying a normal one, and then picking up a barrage helmet + a new bow with at least 400pdps. Although if u cannot sell the quiver just focus on getting the +2 arrow enchant on helmet and a 29-30% taste of hate.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm shitty at writing forum posts.

Forgot to add one more thing, get as much Weapon Elemental Damage and Added Phys on jewelry as u possibly can, u can pretty easily get 50%+ extra WED and some phys on your setup for not too much currency. Added phys will be easier to cap res with because it is a prefix (res is a suffix), WED might be a little difficult if u weren't already above res cap.

Hi EisenkugelDunkelheit, thank you so much for your detailed explaination, that's very helpful. I will make the changes as suggested, starting with new flasks.

One more question: I have two talisman, besides from ES buff differences, their tooltip DPS are extremely similar. To me it sounds like +%phys Damage with +%WED should be much better than +crit multi with +damage to attack. Do you think the tooltip DPS are real?

Im trying a life variant on 3.0 beta atm. Aoe clear is as good as ever but single target is really weak with a 4L barrage. I tried barrage - PtL - wed - slower proj but burning arrow and blast rain seem to do a much better job on single target. Am I just using wrong links or will barrage start doing work once I get extra proj from gear?
Last edited by villur on Jul 6, 2017, 11:21:58 AM
"
villur wrote:
Im trying a life variant on 3.0 beta atm. Aoe clear is as good as ever but single target is really weak with a 4L barrage. I tried barrage - PtL - wed - slower proj but burning arrow and blast rain seem to do a much better job on single target. Am I just using wrong links or will barrage start doing work once I get extra proj from gear?

Barrage doesn't really start to shine unless you have the helm enchant or dying sun, or atleast bare minimum a 5l.

For leveling blast rain might feel slightly smoother, but endgame with the correct investment into barrage it will be king. Hope this helps.
"
villur wrote:

I am not in beta this time due to time constraints in playing games yet I also wanted to test out a few life ideas since the ES/Leech may end up being a factor in this upcoming release.

Even though I chose a different approach then the norm and going inquisitor for the life version due to:
Inevitable Judgement - crit strikes ignore enemy monster elemental resistances and wanting to push a few ideas like using Ice Shot and getting max crit chance easier I ran into reflect issues more so then I ever had running ES, etc. in the 10k - 12k range. Even running HP close to 7k it was a useless task to try and not die to reflect while mapping. I even went with a Kintsugi (which I use right now) and it offered a slight help yet was still a failure. I spec'd into Primeval Force for another 10% reduction. Not much help with that idea the reflects still were a killer in general even when over capping resists to help negate the periodic elemental weakness curses. I chose to run a hybrid HP/ES idea to try and be able to not have to switch out koam's armor, etc. for my barrage in general so yeah my ehp pool is only 4200/1200 HP/ES and that seems to be going ok except you have to pay attention to ground effects haha more so then playing CI builds yet I was still getting periodic reflect issues.

I am now testing losing a little damage and all for a Sibyl's Lament for the 30% added reduction and so far so good in general yet I have had a few very close calls which means at 40% reduction with ring and Primeval Force and still having close calls there is no way a HP build is not going to have reflect issues with this type of build without investing in items/tree nodes to try and maximize reflection reduction since there is no way to get the life pool we have/and will have had on the CI/ES side overall.

Ice shot is fun though as I keep testing haha.
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:

I am now testing losing a little damage and all for a Sibyl's Lament for the 30% added reduction and so far so good in general yet I have had a few very close calls which means at 40% reduction with ring and Primeval Force and still having close calls there is no way a HP build is not going to have reflect issues with this type of build without investing in items/tree nodes to try and maximize reflection reduction since there is no way to get the life pool we have/and will have had on the CI/ES side overall.

You realize you're testing against the old reflect mechanic yes? 3.0's will be entirely different, pretty difficult comparing the two and claiming various things just yet.
Last edited by Solishaw on Jul 8, 2017, 2:48:47 AM
I'v been playing life based signal fire + TS/barrage on SSF, was great but got only to T15 cus harder content just killed me once my vinktar went down. Wondering if without legacy vinktar whole endgame is still possible? Right now I got 30-35 ex to spend, on top of that I got 6l Opus, whole HOWA ES Gear (including 800+ es 6l regalia) and some good gems (21/20 barrage, enlighten 4). I thought about going Skyforth + Dying sun. Will that setup let me kill shaper/u-atziri? Without barrage enchantment, without legacy vinktar?
"
Blasting_Cap wrote:
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:

You realize you're testing against the old reflect mechanic yes? 3.0's will be entirely different, pretty difficult comparing the two and claiming various things just yet.

HaHa - No I did not know. As of now what have they changed?
WE WANT THE LIFE BASED ONEEE!!! :D

This is my gear

My Barrage does 33,597 standing in hide out. I think I missed something Big :(

Thanks in advanced for anyone who helps.
Can any one link me to the life version of this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info