[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
Deadmaux wrote:
Had my eye on this build for a while. Got a lucky legacy reach in league and decided to give it a try as a 2nd char after farming a bit on a wither cwc firestorm league starter. Things I am working on completing:

Uber Lab for Vet Bowyer
Corrupting +1 Signal fire quiver
Rings with Phys rolls / Accuracy
Crystal belt / HH.

What i need help with is the tree. Ive done the budget tree to make up for the lack of legacy vink, but this leaves so few points to play around with. Is it viable to skip duelest leech wheel without a legacy vink? I will be getting jewel sockets next, but are there any improvements you guys can recommend (gear or tree pathing). The dmg feels pretty good but not quite where I would like it to be. I am not expecting tooltips like brood twine, but somewhere in the 40-50% range of blasting's is what im hoping to achieve by end state on this char. Right now im at around 20-25% of his Ts/barrage.

Gear:
Spoiler

i would remove coordination keystone, and crit accuracy nodes, remove force of nature and the 2 nodes before of it.
i'd remove throatseeker, i remember 16%phys dmg was equal to 8%increased multi, so now 16%damage is equal to 16%multiplier, throatseeker gives you 54%multi=54%dmg; an 1 exalted jewel is equal to those 3 nodes, and taking the path above pain attunement instead of throatseeker let you save another passive point.
buy some jewels.
there are so many small things that when put together makes the difference

if you can allready afford skyforth, a 4-5ex jewel in standard gives you 10% more dps for 3 passive nodes, im not familiar with league prices but a 8% more dps jewel i think you can buy it for 1-2ex

optimize the tree in the section near vaal pact, below coordination, above heartseeker
it shouldn't be difficult to get to 50k tooltip barrage dps in the hideout with legacy reach
"
"
Deadmaux wrote:
Had my eye on this build for a while. Got a lucky legacy reach in league and decided to give it a try as a 2nd char after farming a bit on a wither cwc firestorm league starter. Things I am working on completing:

Uber Lab for Vet Bowyer
Crystal belt / HH.

What i need help with is the tree. Ive done the budget tree to make up for the lack of legacy vink, but this leaves so few points to play around with. Is it viable to skip duelest leech wheel without a legacy vink? I will be getting jewel sockets next, but are there any improvements you guys can recommend (gear or tree pathing). The dmg feels pretty good but not quite where I would like it to be. I am not expecting tooltips like brood twine, but somewhere in the 40-50% range of blasting's is what im hoping to achieve by end state on this char. Right now im at around 20-25% of his Ts/barrage.

Gear:
Spoiler

i would remove coordination keystone, and crit accuracy nodes, remove force of nature and the 2 nodes before of it.
i'd remove throatseeker, i remember 16%phys dmg was equal to 8%increased multi, so now 16%damage is equal to 16%multiplier, throatseeker gives you 54%multi=54%dmg; an 1 exalted jewel is equal to those 3 nodes, and taking the path above pain attunement instead of throatseeker let you save another passive point.
buy some jewels.

if you can allready afford skyforth, a 4-5ex jewel in standard gives you 10% more dps for 3 passive nodes, im not familiar with league prices but a 8% more dps jewel i think you can buy it for 1-2ex

optimize the tree in the section near vaal pact, below coordination, above heartseeker
it shouldn't be difficult to get to 50k tooltip barrage dps in the hideout with legacy reach

Ok ill plug those changes into Path of Building. Thanks for the suggestions. Also do you think I can get by without the duelest leech? Maybe if i slot a second vinktar instead of silver...
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
skirocer wrote:

One more question, the league is still quite new and there isn't rly a brood twine or anything even close, but at what dps does a harbinger beat a legacy reach? (my current one is like 356, but lets say a close to perfect reach at ~365-370) Or do harbingers ever beat legacy reaches becuz youd need gmp for harbingers and that dips in the wrong direction in terms of dps.

Yes, Harbingers do eventually beat double legacy Reaches, but again it depends on the rest of your gear and passives when a Harb will eclipse a Reach.

Assuming you eventually transition to LA/Ice Shot and Barrage (which are superior for clearspeed and single target over TS) let's take a look at Barrage dps (no need to examine aoe clear dps, because at some point it will be high enough to 1-shot packs and any more dps will be a waste).

With a Dying Sun, +2 Barrage helm enchant, and +1 quiver a Harbinger will have 10 arrows, while a Reach will have 14. That means that the Reach will have a x1.4 dps multiplier when comparing Harb and Reach dps. Ignoring everything else, this means that a 370dps Reach will be equivalent to a 518dps Harbinger and any Harbinger over that dps is guaranteed to be better. However, a Harbinger will have certain other advantages, such as 3 more base crit, and a +30% or more crit multi. The Reach user will either have to sacrifice a gigiantic damage multiplier gem in the links to run Increased Crit strikes, or sacrifice (damage) passives on the tree to get to crit cap with a Diamond Flask.

In either case A Harbinger will be better at dps lower than 518, but how much lower depends on your links and passive point selection. It is likely that a 450+pdps Harbinger will start outcompeting a Reach for dps,but at that point you'll need to ask yourself whether that's even worth the investment because a Reach will already be wrecking most content anyways.

Hmm, ye I guess I will use LA/Barrage soon even though TS is really good IMO(had to use TS cuz of kaom's, but I think it's a reach to say LA/IceShot are far superior clearspeed compared to TS cuz I tried both of them already this league and there is a difference but it's not gigantic as you guys suggest, at least not for me).

Also interesting stats on the Harb. With a Harb I'd say your packclear skill would need a GMP so that would greatly reduce ur dmg, but at the same time with such a high dps Harb mob clear should not be a problem. However, if a 450dps harb is kinda equivalent to a high roll reach, I'd probably still use reach as it's the flavour of the league. The problem then is if the temp league ever gets 500+ pdps bows they'll probably be for mirror service and then I'm not sure if I'm willing to mirror anything in a temp league, because even at my current sub-optimal gear the dmg is already pretty good (I'm almost pushing 200k tornado shot dps + I have helm enchant on it, so the dmg is already pretty close to BlastingCaps, but in fairness hes using GMP and I'm using ppad, but I tried GMP and feel like its overkill). Ultimately, i prolly just need to test the build more, especially once my chest stops eating my fusings and I can slot in a barrage setup.
"
Deadmaux wrote:
"
"
Deadmaux wrote:

Uber Lab for Vet Bowyer
Crystal belt / HH.

Gear:
Spoiler

buy some jewels.

Ok ill plug those changes into Path of Building. Thanks for the suggestions. Also do you think I can get by without the duelest leech? Maybe if i slot a second vinktar instead of silver...

you definitely need to get some jewels, the one near the flask nodes and power charge and the one above heartseeker, 2 jewels with 4 goods mods will let you gain 15-20% more dps with 4 passives

up to you, if you have legacy vinktar, vaal pact is useless except long fights and maps with 90%status alinements, without leg vinktar you need instant leech; personally i have legacy vinktar but use it only vs boss and i have duelist nodes + vaal pact.
duelist nodes + vaal pact let me leech like 3-4k ES per attack vs boss when im out of vinktar, i can almost tank the minotaur without vinktar if i have rumi on :D
Awesome, I will work on those changes. Also Do you think Melding w/ Energy from within is the way to go, even with the league version at 6%?
"
Deadmaux wrote:
Awesome, I will work on those changes. Also Do you think Melding w/ Energy from within is the way to go, even with the league version at 6%?

when i switched to CI this league, I really didn't want to take melding cuz 1) like you said its only 6% and 2) the shitty 6% cost me 2ex+ but then I found it hard to make up the rest of the es elsewhere to get to at least 10k es, so if you feel comfortable playing with lower ES then I don't think the melding points are efficient at all ( ur getting slightly over 6% per node which I don't think is all that great for ES). I think perhaps if we can get legacy Rumi's the whole melding nodes will not be necessary
"
skirocer wrote:

Hmm, ye I guess I will use LA/Barrage soon even though TS is really good IMO(had to use TS cuz of kaom's, but I think it's a reach to say LA/IceShot are far superior clearspeed compared to TS cuz I tried both of them already this league and there is a difference but it's not gigantic as you guys suggest, at least not for me).

I didn't say that LA and Ice Shot have "far" superior clearspeed - map clearspeed between TS and LA/Ice Shot is pretty close and LA/Ice Shot only have a slight advantage. However, there is a pretty large difference between single target TS and Barrage, and if one is going for max Barrage damage then the TS helm enchant is lost, making TS weaker for clearing packs.

If one is running a Koam's Heart life-based version of SignalShot, then a good alternative to using TS for single target and aoe is to run two bows - the big dps bow would be for Barrage and the other bow (such as Opus) for pack clearing. Opus massacres even T16 packs easily once the damage is scaled high enough. Alternately one could set up a pseudo 5L in a Thunderfist for aoe clear since WED scales lightning damage as it is, but that competes with Atziri's Acuity for the glove slot. Acuity is very good unless one is running a legacy Vinktar.
"
Deadmaux wrote:

I skipped it in my tree (gear nowhere close to skiro's) due to cost restraints, but then again I did farm for quite some time on 6K ES so I could save up for Skyforth. I honestly think you can do a lot in terms of farming up to T15 with low ES, for me I just focused on getting decent damage values and CI/VP/GR will carry you to victory.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
skirocer wrote:

I didn't say that LA and Ice Shot have "far" superior clearspeed - map clearspeed between TS and LA/Ice Shot is pretty close and LA/Ice Shot only have a slight advantage. However, there is a pretty large difference between single target TS and Barrage, and if one is going for max Barrage damage then the TS helm enchant is lost, making TS weaker for clearing packs.

If one is running a Koam's Heart life-based version of SignalShot, then a good alternative to using TS for single target and aoe is to run two bows - the big dps bow would be for Barrage and the other bow (such as Opus) for pack clearing. Opus massacres even T16 packs easily once the damage is scaled high enough. Alternately one could set up a pseudo 5L in a Thunderfist for aoe clear since WED scales lightning damage as it is, but that competes with Atziri's Acuity for the glove slot. Acuity is very good unless one is running a legacy Vinktar.

Ye I switched from life to CI 1-2 days ago. The life based build was suprisingly good, tho I started dying to reflect so I had to switch to CI. Also how do you guys play with barrage not on right click(assuming ur pack-clear is right click). It's so hard to aim if the boss moves/teleports around
I put it on R but ya it's kind of a pain. Not much we can do there.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info