[2.5] Poison BV IW MoM Dual Curse - 200k DPS - 46% Ele & 66% Phys Mitigation - 1.2k Reg - 7.6k Life

hi mate, on blade vortex tooltip "hit's enemy every 0.6 second" , so it mean BV cannot do 20 stacks hits 20 times per second, am i right? sorry bad english.
"
cbcgarmindo wrote:
hi mate, on blade vortex tooltip "hit's enemy every 0.6 second" , so it mean BV cannot do 20 stacks hits 20 times per second, am i right? sorry bad english.

You are completely right! When I outlined the concept in 2.4 BV worked differently.
I'm gonna add a disclaimer that this is outdated now, thank you! :)
Perception is reality.
saving for later 😂
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1201118 Crossleague Trading Rep Thread
Last edited by trecko1234 on Jan 23, 2017, 8:04:57 PM
I have been playing a max block version of this build using skin of the loyal and the surrender. This build has ridiculous damage and survivability. I think blade vortex's more multiplier may double dip with poison causing it to deal disgusting damage. I am going to purchase an enlighten so that I can respec into dual curse.

gear

"
trecko1234 wrote:
This is one of the worst builds I have ever seen. Using iron will support gem for iron will, pledge of hands with blade vortex (and iron will), 100 mana unreserved with mind over matter, less than 400 strength with an iron will build... there are so many things wrong with this build.

Why do you try to see my little guide as a dictate?
Iron Will is an excellent choice if Increased Modifiers are just a small part of your damage scaling. Most of the scaling is done through poison-duration-tempchains (70% of the damage is dealt through poison dots according to Path of Building).
My current iteration of this build got 534 STR.

MoM is 1 point for additional 200 regen (small hits hurt, think of porcupines) and can be used to full benefit in hexproof maps.
Mana is rather pointless for BV once you're at max stacks and this even synergizes well with a Pledge.
But you're free to disagree and put that point somewhere else. ;)

Why a Pledge? Spell Echo makes BV just so much more enjoyable and while it does hurt your damage, it allows you to skip cast speed completely and make room for more defense.

"

That sounds awesome!
Yup, I am almost convinced the claims about double dipping are true.
I even skipped additional spell damage on the tree this time and when I compare my performance to my 2.4 videos there's no way this is just a 30 or 40% damage increase from added damage being more effective now.

It feels more like 3 or 4 times more damage.

I really like the synergy between your shield and your body armour. How do you get to max block though?
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Dec 18, 2016, 2:32:20 AM
"
How do you get to max block though?

Rumis. I would like to use the new jewel that gives block based on resists but they are way too expensive.
THIS BUILD IS DONEZO ~ FROM THE LATEST PATCH! I got to lvl 85 and i even saved up my money and got kaom's heart and spent like 800 fusings to 6link my pledge of hands

and then this stupid patch had to NERF poison bv!! ARHAGEAIGPHSRAPIGHAERPIGHERWPIG
"
karlitobaby wrote:
THIS BUILD IS DONEZO ~ FROM THE LATEST PATCH! I got to lvl 85 and i even saved up my money and got kaom's heart and spent like 800 fusings to 6link my pledge of hands

and then this stupid patch had to NERF poison bv!! ARHAGEAIGPHSRAPIGHAERPIGHERWPIG

It was fine in 2.4 without the refactorized BV resulting in around 30% more damage AND this ridiculous bug on top.

Have a look at my 2.5 videos, I didn't even pick up spell dmg on the tree anymore and went for even more life instead.

Stick to the tree for 2.4 and you are still stronger than anything you see in my 2.4 videos.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Dec 22, 2016, 6:58:44 AM
why get whispers of doom when there are items that do the samething?
Last edited by valyn205762 on Dec 22, 2016, 9:56:31 PM
"
valyn205762 wrote:
why get whispers of doom when there are items that do the samething?

There's very valuable curse effectiveness right before Whispers of Doom you can't get on items.
And using an item to get +1 curse would mean sacrificing a ring-slot, boot-slot or a nice marble amulet.
On this build curse effectiveness is defense aswell as damage. :)
Perception is reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info