[2.5] Poison BV IW MoM Dual Curse - 200k DPS - 46% Ele & 66% Phys Mitigation - 1.2k Reg - 7.6k Life

BV got buffed in 2.5 at max stacks, build didn't change, we actually got around 25% more damage now, will be my league starter+lab runner, good luck! :)

2.5.1 Even after the poison bug is fixed, the build is still around 30% stronger than anything you see in my 2.4 videos. (and it was never part of my calculations)

If you prefer well rounded characters instead of glasscannons, this might be what you are looking for. :)

Pros

- Cheap to get going with potential to grow (Kaom's Heart, crafted Marble Amulet, 6L Pledge, enchant)

- Very tanky vs any possible application of damage (traps, degens, environmental, physical, elemental)

- Can ignore most map mods, -Max Resists is when I start to pay attention. ;)

- curse builds often have to skip "Hexproof", not this one, disable both blasphemies and benefit from Mind over Matter and 2000 Mana instead!

Cons

- It still puzzles me, but 18% phys reflect is impossible even when sitting in that much mitigation (this may change with refactored BV in 2.5, will update)

- "Mediocre" damage by todays BV CI standards (2mio DPS), we just get enough to get the job done but still survive the hardest content without cheesing it (Vinktars...)

Concept

Some of the stuff about BV is inacurate now, but the synergies are still intact! :)

"

Blade Vortex now has a stack limit of 20 (down from 50). It now deals 63% more damage at level 20.

When I saw this in the 2.4 changes I immediately thought I have to put this on a STR based Iron Will caster who usually struggles to get high amounts of cast speed.

I started looking at Ascendancies and champion seemed to fit perfectly because:

Permanent Fortify

In my eyes this is the strongest defensive mechanic in the game, the only time it doesn't help you is degens. Anything else is mitigated, crazy!

Conqueror
- 25% Chance to taunt on Hit
- 6% Reduced damage taken if you've taunted an enemy recently
- 1% Life Regen if taunted recently

Worthy Foe
- Enemies you taunt take 20% increased Damage

Don't get fooled by Worthy Foe, unless you have other increases to "Enemies taking damage" this is a de facto 20% more multiplier!

Alright I got my Ascendancy and the skill I want to use, but how do I scale my damage?
I hate elemental damage without penetration as it just raises your tooltip and is terrible for mapping.

I can use poison instead so I don't need Hatred or Added Fire and have room for 2 blasphemy curses, fantastic!

You know what's even better? In order to keep up my 20 BV stacks I get 90% Increased Skill Effect duration which also applies to poison (2 seconds * 1.90 = 3.8 seconds).

And since we can now get 2 curses this will obviously be Enfeeble and Temp Chains.

Temp Chains has a synergy with poison, too:

"

Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower

So our poison doesn't last 2 seconds, if you factor in 40% curse effectiveness and Temp Chains it now lasts 6 seconds.

Why is it good to have a high poison duration? Unlike other degen affects like Burning or Bleeding, poison can be stacked infinitely.

At that point I was already sold. :)

The last question to me was what items I want to use.
I already did a similar build in 2.3 using Essence Drain, Kaom's Heart, Xirgil's Crank and really enjoyed the tankyness.

Could there possibly be a unique staff complementing BV?

Pledge of Hands
Socketed Gems are Supported by level 30 Spell Echo
(120-160)% increased Spell Damage
100% increased maximum Mana

Holy Cow! This is insane! We lack damage, mana AND get LVL 30 Spell Echo on top AND CAN NOW USE KAOM'S HEART?

ARE

YOU

KIDDING

ME?

:)

Bandits and Passive Tree

Bandits
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Oak
Merciless: Oak

Passive Tree at Lvl93
I take some unconventional routes to get as much regen as I can. (What's the point of a high pool you cannot refill?)
But feel free to adjust it to your liking! :)

http://poeurl.com/NjZ

My current gear

Char Screens

Path of Building Import Code
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Dec 22, 2016, 7:03:16 AM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2017, 10:53:38 PM
Build seems very nice!

Two questions:
- if you had only 5 link Pledge - what gems would you choose?
- Kaom's Heart is there for life bonus? As fire damage seems not to help much in this build?

regards
"
qubade wrote:
Build seems very nice!

Two questions:
- if you had only 5 link Pledge - what gems would you choose?
- Kaom's Heart is there for life bonus? As fire damage seems not to help much in this build?

regards

1. BV - Controlled Destruction - Poison - Added Chaos - AoE/ConC
2. Yes, Kaom's Heart pushes my life pool from 6000 to 7500.
Perception is reality.
Nice Build!

I'll add it to the list.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
In what order do you take the ascendancy points?

Also, couldn't you take vulnerability instead of enfeeble for extra damage if needed?
Last edited by Aryjna on Oct 1, 2016, 7:20:49 AM
"
Aryjna wrote:

Also, couldn't you take vulnerability instead of enfeeble for extra damage if needed?

I went for Fortitude first. I didn't feel I needed Worthy Foe before high maps and permanent Fortify helps greatly in lab.

Vulnerability is definitely an amazing choice for getting more damage, I just prefered 20% more defenses since I didn't look up things like the new guardians and expected many "misplays". ;)
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Oct 1, 2016, 10:38:17 AM
"
widardd wrote:
"
Aryjna wrote:

I went for Fortitude first. I didn't feel I needed Worthy Foe before high maps and permanent Fortify helps greatly in lab.

Vulnerability is definitely an amazing choice for getting more damage, I just prefered 20% more defenses since I didn't look up things like the new guardians and expected many "misplays". ;)

Thanks. I am trying this build now, i'm only level 40. I just started this league and I have tried 3-4 different builds. I think this one may be the style i like most. I like having a lot of health and regen rather than depending too much on leech or being too easy to kill and this seems the best in this regard.
"
Aryjna wrote:
"
widardd wrote:
"
Aryjna wrote:

Thanks. I am trying this build now, i'm only level 40. I just started this league and I have tried 3-4 different builds. I think this one may be the style i like most. I like having a lot of health and regen rather than depending too much on leech or being too easy to kill and this seems the best in this regard.

Good luck! If you run into any problems and see me online, don't hesitate to ask ingame. :)
Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:

Good luck! If you run into any problems and see me online, don't hesitate to ask ingame. :)

Thanks. The main problem is going to be getting a 5 or 6 link staff I suppose. For a 4 link would you leave out added chaos? I can probably get kaom's already, and I have a 6 link rare chest with life and resists. That would make the spell echo on the staff go to waste though.

You use clarity for mana regen? For the time being i dont have enough mana to have clarity and the two curse auras reserved. I am just using a blood magic in tabula rasa for leveling. Also, most builds use cwdt with immortal call and 1-2 more skills linked to it, you dont think its necessary for this build?

Doesn't mind over matter make the mana problem even worse?
Last edited by Aryjna on Oct 2, 2016, 4:44:25 AM
"
Aryjna wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

Thanks. The main problem is going to be getting a 5 or 6 link staff I suppose.

You should be able to buy the 5L prophecy for something like 30c now.

"
Aryjna wrote:
You use clarity for mana regen? For the time being i dont have enough mana to have clarity and the two curse auras reserved.

You don't really need the two curses for leveling, honestly. The reason my curses reserve that much mana is ENHANCE, if you still have problems regarding mana you could use Atziri'S Foible.

"
Aryjna wrote:
I am just using a blood magic in tabula rasa for leveling. Also, most builds use cwdt with immortal call and 1-2 more skills linked to it, you dont think its necessary for this build?

IC would help versus porcupines, but you should be fine unless you accidentally kill 20 of them. ;)

"
Aryjna wrote:
Doesn't mind over matter make the mana problem even worse?

What mana problem? With 0.5% mana leech on my boots I can even do No Regen maps with hardly touching a mana flask.
If you're not comfortable using MoM, just leave it out.
I don't really care if I am unable to cast here and there as long as I can keep up my BV stacks. :)
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Oct 2, 2016, 8:59:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info