[2.5] Poison BV IW MoM Dual Curse - 200k DPS - 46% Ele & 66% Phys Mitigation - 1.2k Reg - 7.6k Life

"
widardd wrote:
"
Aryjna wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

Good luck! If you run into any problems and see me online, don't hesitate to ask ingame. :)

Thanks. The main problem is going to be getting a 5 or 6 link staff I suppose.

You should be able to buy the 5L prophecy for something like 30c now.

"
Aryjna wrote:
You use clarity for mana regen? For the time being i dont have enough mana to have clarity and the two curse auras reserved.

You don't really need the two curses for leveling, honestly. The reason my curses reserve that much mana is ENHANCE, if you still have problems regarding mana you could use Atziri'S Foible.

"
Aryjna wrote:
I am just using a blood magic in tabula rasa for leveling. Also, most builds use cwdt with immortal call and 1-2 more skills linked to it, you dont think its necessary for this build?

IC would help versus porcupines, but you should be fine unless you accidentally kill 20 of them. ;)

"
Aryjna wrote:
Doesn't mind over matter make the mana problem even worse?

What mana problem? With 0.5% mana leech on my boots I can even do No Regen maps with hardly touching a mana flask.
If you're not comfortable using MoM, just leave it out.
I don't really care if I am unable to cast here and there as long as I can keep up my BV stacks. :)

I didn't know about the prophecy. In that case I will make a 5 link, and get the enchant on the boots.
hi i am looking to try this out can you up date your current gear as what i see don't seam that good for end game looks good in the videos

"
gemma wrote:
hi i am looking to try this out can you up date your current gear as what i see don't seam that good for end game looks good in the videos

Every video was done in this or worse gear and less levels. The corrupted Kaom's and the nice marble amulet were the last pieces I got.

My defenses aswell as my offense come from curses and ascendancy, I don't use armour or evasion.
So all that matters are increases to life.
Perception is reality.
I understand concept of mom but i dont understand one thing.
When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life. <-- wiki

i also searched on google and reddit do i miss somthing or did i understand corectly, so what i dont understand in all your videos you have alot of mana reserved and you run on 180mana ish, so if you take a shot of lets say 3k life you shuld get hit by only 2100 and rest of 900 shuld be taken from mana, but since you only have 180mana then you still recive 2820 dmg ( and thats only if you have full mana in moment of reciving shot ),,, so if i understand all corectly i dont undersand why go mind over matter when you dont have enough mana to absorb those 30% anyway?

and then conqueror and foe, i am like 1% life regen and 6% dmg reduced, but i dont understand worthy foe because it say: 20% damage taken and 10% less damage to others, is that others mean like people in party or include you? if its not include you then isnt inspirational nod better?

edit: cool build, i am running it on hardcore essence and im like how tanky it is, but im still strugling take mom or not since im kinda confused tbh
Last edited by čibo on Oct 12, 2016, 11:23:48 AM
"
čibo wrote:
I understand concept of mom but i dont understand one thing.
When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life. <-- wiki

i also searched on google and reddit do i miss somthing or did i understand corectly, so what i dont understand in all your videos you have alot of mana reserved and you run on 180mana ish, so if you take a shot of lets say 3k life you shuld get hit by only 2100 and rest of 900 shuld be taken from mana, but since you only have 180mana then you still recive 2820 dmg ( and thats only if you have full mana in moment of reciving shot ),,, so if i understand all corectly i dont undersand why go mind over matter when you dont have enough mana to absorb those 30% anyway?

They way our defense is set up we kind of are still vulnerable to small hits in quick succession (like porcupines), an additional small pool of 100 mana at 200 mana/s does help here.
It also synergizes well with my boot enchantment (life and mana leech).

In fact, BV's damage is that high I can still run NO REGEN maps although I have MoM. ;)

And another thing is I do run Hexproof maps, I just disable both blasphemies and use my 2000 mana on MoM instead... and all that for just 1 point, so why not? :)

"
čibo wrote:
and then conqueror and foe, i am like 1% life regen and 6% dmg reduced, but i dont understand worthy foe because it say: 20% damage taken and 10% less damage to others, is that others mean like people in party or include you? if its not include you then isnt inspirational nod better?

Worthy Foe's "less damage to other targets" does not include us, sadly. ;)
But "Enemies you taunt take 20% increased damage" is a 20% MORE multiplier in our scenario, and with BV we are hiting 20 times per second, we taunt all the time.

"Inspirational" just offers additional Increased Damage, we already have beyond 300 of that increasing it further isn't that beneficial.

(ProjectPT did a nice video on INCREASED vs. MORE here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvlDQs-e_B0)

"
čibo wrote:
edit: cool build, i am running it on hardcore essence and im like how tanky it is, but im still strugling take mom or not since im kinda confused tbh

You can also not get MoM if you are fine with porcupines. ;)
Perception is reality.
You looked extremely fragile in the Phoenix fight, nearly dying multiple times; is this HC viable?
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
"
You looked extremely fragile in the Phoenix fight, nearly dying multiple times; is this HC viable?

Have a look at the video title again, I was drunk, did an 8mod T16 blind and didn't even keep up my charges.
If you want to get an idea about how HC viable the build is, check the T12 Touch test.

I want to see a build survive that. "46% Ele & 66% Phys Mitigation" is huge, if that's not HC viable, nothing is. :)
Perception is reality.
Question: Why MoM when you have such a small mana pool due to reserving mana?
"
Superjeenius wrote:
Question: Why MoM when you have such a small mana pool due to reserving mana?

I answered this 5 times on the forums, 6 times on youtube. *sigh* ;)

The way the defenses are set up big hits don't matter, but small hits do. MoM for 100 mana, at 200 regen and some mana leech can be a life saver when 10 porcupines blow up (many small hits in quick succession).

And on Hexprof maps I can disable both curses for a full 2k MoM mana pool.

I get that for just 1 point.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Dec 1, 2016, 3:02:38 AM
For some reason I don't see your acendency choices. Could you please post a picture?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info