[2.5.2]World's #1 BladeVortex Damage Build, Up to 1.4 Mill Tool-Tip, Shaper/Uber Deletion, 95%+ CRIT

"
pel1906 wrote:
Nice guide but .... it's not #1 damage BV , not sure if mine is but ....

Full screen so u can see that no aurabot or HH mods are used.

Im sure i would go close to 900k dps as assasin , occultist is more tanky .

P.S. Real ES is 7,6k , didnt want to recolor my shavs twice.

Your tool-tip DPS is not your real DPS. If you read the 2nd paragraph it explicitly states how to calculate your actual DPS.

If you do the math, you will find out that you actually do a lot less damage than me, and I'm only using 8 power charges + 3 flasks. I could inflate the value as well in a map with other charges (i.e. blood rage, vaal haste...etc) and other buffs, but i don't.

Here is your actual DPS (source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blade_Vortex):

[Sustained DPS] = [tooltip DPS] / [casts per second] * 20
= 751,526.8 / 9.1 * 20
= ~1,651,705 DPS.

That's your damage with inflation using other buffs that any build can squeeze in.

This is my damage with 8 power charges and only 3 flasks: 2,007,328 DPS
If I inflated my damage with Blood rage alone (3 frenzy charges) I could easily reach 2.3+ million DPS.

P.S. You didn't reveal anything about your build either (tree, gear, level). If you want to compare builds you need to reveal everything (like I did).

Hope this helps.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 29, 2016, 4:21:19 AM
how can you sustain 20 stacks without increased durtation in gem setup i cant get even close to it, its not fast enough
Last edited by Tomikxx on Sep 28, 2016, 3:37:54 PM
"
Tomikxx wrote:
how can you sustain 20 stacks without increased durtation in gem setup i cant get even close to it, its not fast enough

Are you using spell echo? It's very critical to this build.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
"
Tomikxx wrote:

Are you using spell echo? It's very critical to this build.

well, im still low level, but i can barely keep 10 stacks without increased duration
and without feeling that its too slow for farming and re-casting too much, or maybe its just my feeling, idk
and yes i have potency of will passive, for increased duration
Last edited by Tomikxx on Sep 28, 2016, 4:05:46 PM
"
Tomikxx wrote:

With one 45% duration wheel, cast time of around 0.20-0.23, and spell echo, you can get to 20 stacks with a mana pot without any trouble. Check your cast time - maybe that's the problem. Keep in mind that dual Void Batteries give you a huge cast time boost, but the cast speed rolls can vary quite a bit.
"
Kjiel wrote:
What about changing doryani's belt for a crystal one for more ES?

If Skyforth are not affordable this build is still viable thanks to the assasin node right?

Would we lose too much dmg carrying just one void battery + shield?

The -7 mana cost of skills in the ring is mandatory?

Thanks bud!

PS: Could it be possible to get some decent amount of mana regen so we can get rid of the mana flask?

Don't forget about me bro :D
"
Kjiel wrote:
What about changing doryani's belt for a crystal one for more ES?

If Skyforth are not affordable this build is still viable thanks to the assasin node right?

Would we lose too much dmg carrying just one void battery + shield?

The -7 mana cost of skills in the ring is mandatory?

Thanks bud!

PS: Could it be possible to get some decent amount of mana regen so we can get rid of the mana flask?

1. I use Doryani's belt because it helps me cap my resistances and provides a bit of damage. Now, you can use whatever belt you feel like using as long as you cap your minimum requirements.

2. In my opinion, for this build to work smoothly (especially against tough bosses) you will need to have Skyforth. However, if you are just mapping then you do not need Skyforth since we have assassin's mark to provide you with power charges.

3. Yes, you would lose a lot of damage if you were only using one void battery. You will lose a power charge (less crit chance), and a lot of spell damage boost. You can test it out and make any necessary changes you feel comfortable with.

4. The - mana cost of skills is not mandatory, but it's nice to have. You will have more than enough mana to cast BV (with mana flask).

"
Buenomars wrote:
Hi, why keep Life Leech at L3? Is your str too low? thanks

The life leech gem gives you 2% at all levels. Since we have Vaal Pact, it doesn't matter what level the gem is.

"
DicemanX wrote:
Thanks for posting this guide! I've been playing a CI Assassin version with dual Void Batteries for a while, so it's nice to see what a LL version might look like. My CI version sits at 1.45M dps with 10.5K ES, but I've been debating whether to get more dps at the expense of a lot of ES since I'm in softcore :).

I'm not 100% certain but perhaps your tree for the LL version could be improved by going after the 9th power charge:

goo.gl/EHvvZJ

Here's how the two trees stack up (taking into consideration the boosts from the extra power charge via ascendancy and dual void batteries). The first number is from the tree above, the second is from your tree:

crit chance: +435% vs +460%
crit multi: +242% vs +201%
spell damage: +82% vs +114%
energy shield: +283.8% vs +236.8%

The above tree offers around the same damage, 47% additional ES, and an extra 0.5 to base crit from ascendancy which outdoes the extra 25% crit chance from your tree. The extra power charge accounts for +50% spell damage from the void batteries, +8% crit multi from ascendancy, and +4% spell damage from the boost to spell damage per power charge node.

The tree is also for a level 90 character, so the Influence wheel can still be taken with the remaining 3 points + a point from elsewhere; sacrificing the 20% to spell crit from the Doom Cast wheel is likely the way to go.

Your tree does get an extra 30 to dex and 5% to move speed, but more importantly it offers another jewel slot. The big question then is whether the extra jewel slot can equal or outdo the gains in the tree above. There are some other factors to consider too, such as the opportunity to get a second curse with only 3 passive points.

Let me know if I missed anything! I haven't tested this tree with LL yet, and wanted to run it by you first.

In a perfect world, yes, I would have gotten the last power charge on the tree. However, at level 93 it is not possible to get the last power charge without sacrificing too much. The build in its current state requires every single dex point available, taking any of it away will render the build useless as it does not meet minimum requirements (since we are using a lot of unique gear). While making the build, I did have all the power charges on the tree but the minimum requirements got in the away (FeelsBadMan).

We also use the jewels to fulfill the minimum requirements (resistances, attributes/stats). Taking even one jewel away will set us back quite a bit.

The influence wheel is too important as it boosts all of your auras (Discipline, Hatred, and anything else you may fit in). The damage boost just from the influence wheel is quite significant. In my opinion, this wheel is a must.

Now, if I was level 100 I would be able to squeeze in the last power charge with minor changes to the tree.

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 29, 2016, 2:50:32 AM
"

In a perfect world, yes, I would have gotten the last power charge on the tree. However, at level 93 it is not possible to get the last power charge without sacrificing too much. The build in its current state requires every single dex point available, taking any of it away will render the build useless as it does not meet minimum requirements (since we are using a lot of unique gear). While making the build, I did have all the power charges on the tree but the minimum requirements got in the away (FeelsBadMan).

We also use the jewels to fulfill the minimum requirements (resistances, attributes/stats). Taking even one jewel away will set us back quite a bit.

Keep in mind that the tree I suggested gives you +8% to each resist via the Faith and Steel passive. So it basically comes down to losing that 30 dex versus gaining a whopping 47% ES. You could gain that missing dex on one of your rings instead of ES and still come out ahead. Alternately, for a build that uses Skyforth, I'm pretty sure one could also afford a dex ring that would fill out resists and offer ES as well :).

"
DicemanX wrote:
"

Keep in mind that the tree I suggested gives you +8% to each resist via the Faith and Steel passive. So it basically comes down to losing that 30 dex versus gaining a whopping 47% ES. You could gain that missing dex on one of your rings instead of ES and still come out ahead. Alternately, for a build that uses Skyforth, I'm pretty sure one could also afford a dex ring that would fill out resists and offer ES as well :).

It doesn't work with my setup and the gear that I have available, so it is min/maxed based on what I have. If you can make it work with your setup, great, put the theory into practice. Make the build with that tree and post the gear you are using, I would love to see it. In the gear section I've stated that everyone will have different gear and that they should balance the build accordingly. Theoretical trees are just that, theoretical, unless you can actually make them work with the rest of the setup (gear, jewels...etc).

As I've stated before, the final tree (at level 100) has all the power charge nodes. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. The limiting factors are the minimum requirements which can only be met with the current setup (at level 93).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 29, 2016, 9:49:21 AM
i have been searching a bit of how is blade vortex damage calculated, what do you say about this?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Talk:Blade_Vortex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info