[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Yeah, Pete, you shouldn't ever need to worry about mobs in melee range, really. Sometimes they are in close when I trigger a strongbox or Essence, but I always have a decoy totem up and cast a 1-stack right on me just a split second before I trigger, to make sure the golems are right on me as well. Until I sorted my gems to my final positions, I was also running my CWDT with Immortal Call and Summon Skeletons, which helped as I levelled the character. I totally forgot to socket my Prolif gem before I got my ascendancy points, so even with that huge damage gimp my pizzas were still mostly 1-shotting packs. With a Prolif gem in your 5 link (or even 4 probably would be fine if you're super budgeted, but I rocked a very decent 5 link chest I bought for 3c for a long time) you shouldnt get swarmed.

In normal situations, I run forward, cast a decoy at the edge of the screen, drop my Orb if I need it, and cast a 3 or 5 stack (holding the mouse maybe a half a second) as soon as I see some feet or a head to target. If mobs live, and charge, I just back up a bit, and by then the mobs will be certainly within my Orb radius, and that second pizza definitely kills them off.

Through t13 now and half of the 14s, no troubles yet, though that wolf boss in Lair took a long time and tagged me twice - he's immune to Ignite, I think? I think I'll hit 90, get my gems to 20, and upgrade the belt before I push 15s.

Spoiler
"
Majad wrote:

I also have almost 1.4k hours into the game so that helps too.
"
loonger wrote:
Try Chimera/Phoenix/Shaper fight with and without the Decoy Totem, then you may have a different thought. :D

Heh yeah I figured a way to get my decoy totem to 20 which should help. Running fire instead of stone golem for shaper my CE tooltip is 5400/6100 so I guess the DPS is there. I'll try again this week. I still think I just suck despite a crapload of hours as well :D
Last edited by Robertthebob on Oct 12, 2016, 2:12:56 PM
"
Robertthebob wrote:
"
Majad wrote:

I also have almost 1.4k hours into the game so that helps too.
"
loonger wrote:
Try Chimera/Phoenix/Shaper fight with and without the Decoy Totem, then you may have a different thought. :D

Heh yeah I figured a way to get my decoy totem to 20 which should help. Running fire instead of stone golem for shaper my CE tooltip is 5400/6100 so I guess the DPS is there. I'll try again this week. I still think I just suck despite a crapload of hours as well :D

The tool tip is high enough. For the Shaper fight, you really want to finish it ASAP. So you may want to play more aggressively in the fight. Stay close to Shaper and pull 10-stack FB as long as you can.
Just ran this unidentified T11 which turned out to be "Elemental reflection + Shocking ground". Bored so tried to run it anyway. Then got this:
Spoiler

How do they say it? High risk high return? lol

Last edited by loonger on Oct 13, 2016, 8:56:47 AM
How do you prevent two lightning golems being spawn by CWDT? I just noticed that sometimes I randomly have two lightning golems, probably when fire golem dies or smth. Had to drop Temp chains setup for clarity and another elreon ring to play really comfortably, but still damages is enough for what im currently doing.
"
Roofz wrote:
How do you prevent two lightning golems being spawn by CWDT? I just noticed that sometimes I randomly have two lightning golems, probably when fire golem dies or smth. Had to drop Temp chains setup for clarity and another elreon ring to play really comfortably, but still damages is enough for what im currently doing.

Have to summon Flame golem by hand if it got replaced. Or you can link both golems to CWDT.

Find some "regen mana" on gears. TC is too good to drop IMO.
hey

doriany catalyst is BIS ?

or a good wand can be better
"
hey

Yes, it's BIS in term of DPS. :)
"
loonger wrote:
"
hey

Yes, it's BIS in term of DPS. :)

Hi, I've been using this build and it's been fantastic.
I just hit level 75 with it and I just got Doryani's Catalyst. My question is what makes Doryani's Catalyst so amazing? I can't seem to find a clear answer from reading the thread.

There are plenty of rare wands that can push around that level of spell damage, it doesn't seem to utilize the leech since we aren't going for ghost reaver. I'm clearly misunderstanding something so what makes this BIS?
discipline . temporal chains & blasphemy support = no mana xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info