[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
Zeros wrote:
An specific reason not to go totems?

You can, why not? But this will be another build.
a quick newbie question, why can't we use +% skill damage item instead of elemental damage item??
This is my first community template build. I've been staying away, mostly solo playing for the last 3 years and I experimented a lot within my budget, but I finally said I need to make some money like a real grown up.

This build is GREAT so far, spent like 80c on regrets but I regret NOTHING. While yes I will eventually try out weird fucking broken builds, now I have the breadwinner in the family. So thanks and gl hf bgz nff kl
How do you think about The Beast fur Shawl for this build?
What's the clear-speed like on this build at later levels?

Does this build ever get less clunky?

What gems do you guys use when clearing maps? Is flameblast effective? It seems so slow right now.

I'm using firestorm with spell totem as well and it's really not fun.
The clear speed is ok/good, the thing is that's it have the same clearspeed on t1 than on t14 maps because you just oneshot everything except some rare monsters with specific suffixes (in this case you still 3shot them) and that's the most positive point of the build to me.

It also get less clunky when you understand that you dont need 10stack of pizza to clear mobs and you cans very easely go for 2 quicksilver flasks. Ofc its still a channeling cast build, it's not a whirling/dualstrike build-like.

At some point it become difficult to swap from firestorm to pizza because of the clunkyness (I made this swap very late,lvl 70 I think).

The major negative point to me is the "budget" aspect of endgame.

I'v tryed tome t14 maps, mostelly without dying while most of my stuff is bad and the rest is ok.
Then I'v tryed some 3 random t15maps and was unable to deal with bosses(seriusly, dark forest???), any dot is a rip, any constant damage is a rip and any really fast boss is a rip as well. This is maynly because today, you need something to tank for you or you need a leach build to go through endgame in Poe, if you went for no leach build, you need insane damage or insane tankyness (cyclone, warchief etc...).

The budget part for endgame is also something we can discuss unless you want to play with 5-6k es to have max res, any decent es gear piece is 60c minimum. To me the fact that it only require 5link dont make this build "budget" but "achievable" as a 6L es armor with decent stats (600-700es)cost 300c minimum.

Overall the build is very cool but i think it have it's limits and by "limits" i mean things you cant do even with full mirrored epic stuff, I think you can deal with shaper and breachlords with some "ok" stuff, but i dont even think it's possible to complete t15 for exemple, and havent tryed guardians. Maybe i'm wrong tho.
Last edited by GranTib on Apr 2, 2017, 5:43:57 AM
"
GranTib wrote:
The clear speed is ok/good, the thing is that's it have the same clearspeed on t1 than on t14 maps because you just oneshot everything except some rare monsters with specific suffixes (in this case you still 3shot them) and that's the most positive point of the build to me.

It also get less clunky when you understand that you dont need 10stack of pizza to clear mobs and you cans very easely go for 2 quicksilver flasks. Ofc its still a channeling cast build, it's not a whirling/dualstrike build-like.

At some point it become difficult to swap from firestorm to pizza because of the clunkyness (I made this swap very late,lvl 70 I think).

I'v tryed tome t14 maps, mostelly without dying while most of my stuff is bad and the rest is ok.
Then I'v tryed some 3 random t15maps and was unable to deal with bosses(seriusly, dark forest???), any dot is a rip, any constant damage is a rip and any really fast boss is a rip as well. This is maynly because today, you need something to tank for you or you need a leach build to go through endgame in Poe, if you went for no leach build, you need insane damage or insane tankyness (cyclone, warchief etc...).

The budget part for endgame is also something we can discuss unless you want to play with 5-6k es to have max res, any decent es gear piece is 60c minimum. To me the fact that it only require 5link dont make this build "budget" but "achievable" as a 6L es armor with decent stats (600-700es)cost 300c minimum.

Overall the build is very cool but i think it have it's limits and by "limits" i mean things you cant do even with full mirrored epic stuff, I think you can deal with shaper and breachlords with some "ok" stuff, but i dont even think it's possible to complete t15 for exemple, and havent tryed guardians. Maybe i'm wrong tho.

Sounds like you are saying the build isn't hardcore viable. I have started with this character on hardcore. Should I swap out?

Any tips on making this build not budget? I have about 4 ex to spend on this character, plus any currency I earn while actually playing the character.
This build is HC viable for sure. I am playing builds on SC legacy that I always thought too clunky or risky to play in HC leagues, and I made a self cast flameblaster. My build is slightly different from OP's, but the core concept is the same. I just run 1 curse and focus a bit more on elemental damage.

The build is pretty much amazing. Fun and action filled game play. The regalia was chaos spammed, the rings was 1-2c before the 3ex crafts (that are not needed), and the rest of the gear was rather cheap as well. Currently sitting at 173/173/173 resists for that max potential from The Wise Oak

Current gear:

Current passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAceDXwOSA5cES8RUBGWEzUV1xekGoEbJRzcIbAi9CTYKPopTyqNKwosvy6UMtE09zW5Ntg8BT1fRUdFfkZSRtdJG0lRS65Ms1F0UlNUR1ZIVmNXlFfJXGtd8l9qY_1mVGaeaPJq-mt6bAttGXGFcg965nxLf8aCm4RIhW2GrohAjDaMdo8aj0aP-pMnlG-VLpZ0l4WXlZf0mK2aO5uhnjyexJ_foS-io6aZpr6nCKcrrJixQrQMtoa3MbiTvorAZsNtyL_K09Af0NDUB9WB1abYJNlb2rncjd-K37DlGekC6rrr7uwY7FXtIO0873zv6_DV8Wz31_xM?accountName=Nedieth&characterName=NediEthicalVeganPizza

At level 93 now. Chimera killed me once because I ran out of flasks and was stubborn. Minotaur also got me once or twice due to bad rolls. Shaper has not managed to kill me, all bosses sub T16 dies in 1-2 flameblasts and for general mapping there is no point to even swap for conc. effect for bosses. Can fully charge flameblasts on reflect mobs without ruby flask and get away with just a scratch (for some reason).

Uploading a video of a hydra map for those who want to see some live action game play, since I did not see any in the OP's guide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE5RP8l_TMk&feature=youtu.be

thanks for your reply Nedieth, really good info inside :)
I'm playing this build in SFL, lot of fun and still no wall encountered (doing T11-12 maps these days)
today a mob dropped the only and one item I was worried about:

all my equip:
Spoiler

no reliq keys, but lucky in other ways

and currently stacking those for the next droplevel 84 vaal regalia (thanks to vorici for his 20 fusing for 64 jeweller):

keep blasting guys ;)
There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count & those who can't
[first read on Jarulf guide to d1 :D]
"
GranTib wrote:

Farming T15 Maps whole day long. Why shouldnt it be possible ? Guardians except of Phoenix (ignite imune) are easy
Last edited by Jigs4wHD on Apr 2, 2017, 5:07:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info