[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Played this as my main starter this league, got 36 challenges within 5 weeks and have been chillin' since then. My gear at the moment:

Spoiler

My tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAFvDXwRLxFQFdcW8xhdGGobJRzcHU8d2SGwIvQmPCj6KU8qjSsKLL8ulC-dMtE09zW5Ntg8BTzvPV9DVEVHRlJGcUbXSRtJsUuuUEJSU1M1VEdWSFZjVylXyVgHXGtd8mZUaPJremwLbRlxhXIPeC98S3zlf8aCm4MJhEiFe4auiEKMNox2jxqPRpD6kyeUb5Z0l4WXlZf0mK2aO5uhnjyexJ_foS-mvqcIpyusmK3xsUK0DLVItoa4k76KwGbBxcNtyL_K09QH18_YJNlb3I3fbd-K4vfpAuq662Pr7uwY7DjsVe0g73zviPFs8xH0cffX-Tf8TA==

Have over 12k ES with this. Very fun and tanky build :D Haven't tried Shaper, though I think I'd die because of skill :P

Best item for the build is a + Curse Eye of Chayula. Expensive but worth it! It allows me to run two Elreon rings. The stats aren't anything special but with 2x -7 it makes mana a non-issue, on top of allowing me to easily overcap resistance.

Have Concentrated Effect in for swapping, could replace it with Vaal Lightning Trap of course but lazy.

+1! <3
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Thanks for the write up and info! I am gonna give this setup a whirl for Legacy league with some friends who are first timers. Glad to see some positive results taking this into a fresh league too! I will be keeping an eye out for any updates when 2.6 notes pop up.

I have one other "veteran" that will start at launch time with me in Legacy. We want to go nuts on launch and zoom through to mapping.

When would you suggest a pause on questing to take care of ascendency? Pretty much immediately when it is available and you are at level? Or maybe come back once you are a few levels above for some izario faceroll and less chance of accidently dying and having to start it over?
"
teebeewhy wrote:

When would you suggest a pause on questing to take care of ascendency? Pretty much immediately when it is available and you are at level? Or maybe come back once you are a few levels above for some izario faceroll and less chance of accidently dying and having to start it over?

I'm in no way an expert on this game (I'm actually quite bad at it) but deleting Izaro is crazy easy with this build.
I managed to delete Izaro easily as soon as I unlocked the Lab without any problem whatsoever with a 4L.
Just make sure to have your resistances capped and carry some defensive flasks. While he's coming up just place your Decoy Totem and dodge his first attack.
The rest is a breeze.
"
ferron89 wrote:
"
teebeewhy wrote:

I'm in no way an expert on this game (I'm actually quite bad at it) but deleting Izaro is crazy easy with this build.
I managed to delete Izaro easily as soon as I unlocked the Lab without any problem whatsoever with a 4L.
Just make sure to have your resistances capped and carry some defensive flasks. While he's coming up just place your Decoy Totem and dodge his first attack.
The rest is a breeze.

Yeah that is how I felt about it when I did it with my test character. I leveled a witch following this build and kind of ignored the trials then realized since I unlocked all of them on my other character, I could just walk in. So when I went in to do it on normal I blew him up in 2 casts I think since the first didn't ignite him. But I was also a lot higher level (maybe 48) than normal lab is. So far so good :)
How would this build work with spell totem flameblast? So we can skip mana regen mostly?

For leveling too?
Spreading salt since 2006
You think this build will stay viable at 2.6?
"
SpitfireXD wrote:
You think this build will stay viable at 2.6?

No reason why not, nothing is going to change anything affecting this build.

3.0 might be a different story though.
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
So this is the build that I am wanting to do next league as it sounds really fun but I have a few questions. In the start you mention taking elemental Proliferation and say not to even take use flameblast until you get that gem. What ever happens to that gem it is not in any gear that you have??? I understand it is on the weapon but isn't that only for socketed spells in the weapon??? I am sure I am missing something here. My other question has to do with EE. Am I only to use storm orb on a boss and then pizza them or is this don't automatically and I am just missing it. Please let me know thanks
IGN

Reaper_of_Souls_
How to deal with t16 bosses? Go in, wait for your ignite conflux, go to boss, put vaal lightning trap under boss, 10 stack pizza = GG? struggled today with minotaur =(
"
Jonb33331 wrote:
So this is the build that I am wanting to do next league as it sounds really fun but I have a few questions. In the start you mention taking elemental Proliferation and say not to even take use flameblast until you get that gem. What ever happens to that gem it is not in any gear that you have??? I understand it is on the weapon but isn't that only for socketed spells in the weapon??? I am sure I am missing something here. My other question has to do with EE. Am I only to use storm orb on a boss and then pizza them or is this don't automatically and I am just missing it. Please let me know thanks

You will get elemental proliferation from ascendancy called Beacon of Ruin, which you should pick as your cruel ascendancy. Until you get it, use the support gem. After you get it, ditch the support gem.

I habitually cast EE on almost every pack. It's not necessary. Use it on magic and rare packs. And of course on bosses. You should always be testing how easily you can kill packs. If you can kill normal pack with 3-stack non-EE pizza, do that. Don't overkill.

"
sekreterarN wrote:
How to deal with t16 bosses? Go in, wait for your ignite conflux, go to boss, put vaal lightning trap under boss, 10 stack pizza = GG? struggled today with minotaur =(

Forget the conflux. Just go in, cast Decoy Totem, cast Vaal Lightning Trap, cast EE, start blasting. It will take more than one or two 10-stack pizzas. Don't forget to change Change to Ignite gem to Elemental Focus when fighting Phoenix. Phoenix is the easiest boss since everything he does is so easy to dodge, but he will take the longest to kill since he's ignite immune.

I killed 40 guardians this league, each one at least once deathless. Map mods are extremely important in these. If you get several damage mods and inc aoe, boss might prove to be quite unmanageable.
Last edited by Wermine on Feb 22, 2017, 2:56:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info