The Plan for Upcoming 2.4.x Patches

For the performance update, it mentions "two executables" for PoE.

How will this work for users on Steam?
Great to hear! I definitely feel an improvement in overall stability and performance since last patch; can't wait to try the DX11 build!

Keep it up GGG!
Love it!
🐢
"Once 2.5.0 launches, we plan to make DX11 the default if your computer is able to run it. The DX11 client significantly improves performance."

So, uhm......what does "if your computer is able to run it" exactly mean ?,which ones aren't ?

And if a small, but still important part of your playerbase isn't able to play POE after the 2.5 update, which you said is gonna make the dx11 update default, what then, tough luck eh..........
"
AwxAngel wrote:

Ever played Starbound? It has a pop-up menu just after launch in Steam where you should pick which version you're gonna run. Easy.
20% player play pathfinder and it's balanced ! Hope you guys do thing better than this but well, typical GGG. The nerf will come leagues later and when it come the class will be unplayed able. Lame.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
"
Vankesidi wrote:
"
AwxAngel wrote:

Ever played Starbound? It has a pop-up menu just after launch in Steam where you should pick which version you're gonna run. Easy.

Or just changing launch options for a game in steam, like u can do for many games in steam.
Sexy time!
Any chance GGG could drop a hint about how the new skills will act? Nothing really specific such as their damage values, but if they are melee or spells, projectile or AoE, if they hit or do damage over time and so on?

Edit: By the way. Why is my closed beta supporter badge not showing?
Edit 2: Guess I had to add the badge back on my forum profile. Fixed it now.
Last edited by Synchrotron on Sep 26, 2016, 9:38:04 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
The only issue that POE has right now is end game maps are impossible to play with a party.

Yes, the end game maps are amazing. Yes, the new content is amazing. Yes, the new artwork, channeling skills and EVERYTHING is great. I've made 5 + characters this league, and this is what Brevik and the other D2 developers would have wanted. This is the game, AND MORE. POE is on a whole other level, dare I say it's own, unique genre.

The problem is, multiplayer is just not possible at end game maps. If you are in a party with a lot of people spamming their skills like a wild billy goat, regardless of what your PC specs are, you will lag. If this D11 update does not fix that, it's time for a new engine. Sure, you can play this game as solo and with 1 or 2 people doing end game maps like some of the current ladder rushers did. But, remember the old Diablo 2 baal runs with a full party? Reaching that full party multiplayer experience with a FULL party is what Path of Exile doesn't offer yet. This is essential for ARPGs.

I urge Chris and GGG to make this happen. I am hoping DX11 with the added multi-threading option enabled will bring this experience to fruition.

They know they have the worst-performing game in the history of mankind. They either are incapable of changing this, or simply do not want to devote the resources to overhauling the system. The reason you can't play with others is DX9's interaction with OpenAL32. DX11 doesn't have these issues, so my guess is they refused to fix their netcode to use those resources to just port to DX11, knowing that would be a potential fix. They still have to deal with their netcode, so...

The proof is in the pudding tho, so we have just have to wait and see.
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Sep 26, 2016, 1:11:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info