Look what I found on Poe.trade: it's full of jerks!

"
veek91 wrote:
lets talk facts.
offering to the godess= 4 chaos (essence league)
you want guaranteed sell fast: set yours 3c
you dont want guaranteed sell fast: set yours 4c
point of storing your Offering in a public stash tab without the intention of selling: none
proper behavior if somebody still whispers you about it: just type: I didn't mean to sell those, I just store them in my public tab, I'm sorry."

give this man a coockie.
it's mainly your fault. you didn't even ask for an offer before rejecting them, their speach is only fair, even if you did say no thanks which is a polite way to do it it's just annoying for some to message someone who appears to sell the item you have listed on a site for selling.
half way through that sentence things started making less sense for me...

well anyways, just put the items price up for more than people are willing to afford or 999 mirrors or something like that, put a note on the item that tells people you are out of stash space.

I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Will you take 3 alterations? I will pm you op
"
veek91 wrote:
lets talk facts.
offering to the godess= 4 chaos (essence league)
you want guaranteed sell fast: set yours 3c
you dont want guaranteed sell fast: set yours 4c
point of storing your Offering in a public stash tab without the intention of selling: none
proper behavior if somebody still whispers you about it: just type: I didn't mean to sell those, I just store them in my public tab, I'm sorry."

That's one way to do it. If you really need to stash something in a public tab without selling it I recommend setting the price far greater than what it is worth. For example if OP had just set the price at 1 Exalt. He never would have been messaged. Thus he never would have to tell someone "I didn't mean to sell those, I just store them in my public tab, I'm sorry."

Also to OP putting something up for sale without the intention to sell it is illegal here in the united states. It's akin to bait and switch. I'm not saying what you did was illegal but that is probably why the buyer reacted the way he did. In many cultures displaying something in a shop without any intention of selling it is rude. Unless you are using that to display something that is for sale. Like a mannequin that is wearing cloths you are selling for example.
Despite the fact that OPs post has to much hate for my personal taste, i think he is right in the use of the public stash tab api. There is no direct connection in the game to poe.trade. GGG offers an public API for your stash tabs and everone can use it. You can write your own tool that reads only your or any stash tab contents for inventory management if you like.
One of the possible consuments of this api is poe.trade / a trading website. the author of this site now assumes that every item from this api is for sale and builds an website arround that. Now every user of that side just believes that OP is a seller. But he never made an explicit store and offered anything to sell. He just uses the given posibilities get informations abaout his stash.
Poe.trade may be the most known consument for the "public stash tab"-API but it is not the only tool which uses it. So you have to blame them if you asume everything on their website is for sale.
"I didn't even offer you a price, called you an idiot and told you to take off your items"

Only in softcore

xD
d:-D*
"
cirf wrote:
Despite the fact that OPs post has to much hate for my personal taste, i think he is right in the use of the public stash tab api. There is no direct connection in the game to poe.trade. GGG offers an public API for your stash tabs and everone can use it. You can write your own tool that reads only your or any stash tab contents for inventory management if you like.
One of the possible consuments of this api is poe.trade / a trading website. the author of this site now assumes that every item from this api is for sale and builds an website arround that. Now every user of that side just believes that OP is a seller. But he never made an explicit store and offered anything to sell. He just uses the given posibilities get informations abaout his stash.
Poe.trade may be the most known consument for the "public stash tab"-API but it is not the only tool which uses it. So you have to blame them if you asume everything on their website is for sale.

The fact that he is using the stash tab to sell a bunch of other stuff kinda invalidates that argument though. You can't have your cake and ignore the fact that exists at the same time.

In the end it doesn't matter if he is right or wrong though. To avoid annoying/rude people contacting you about items in your public stash tabs just simply overprice them. You will get very few if any messages about them and avoid the whole argument to begin with.

All though looking it over he seems to have multiple tabs without any items priced so I can understand why he wouldn't want to price each item, probably should name the tab "not for sale" he must get dozens of these types of conversations each day with the way he is doing it now. Guess he must like being pestered constantly by people trying to buy stuff he isn't selling.
Last edited by OldmanBlackdragon on Sep 23, 2016, 7:50:14 AM
OP sounds like the jerk to me. So the guy changed his mind and didnt take it off poe.trade big deal. You could have simply moved onto the next seller like we all do.
How about changing the name to DisclaimerItsJustAnItemIndexser.PoE.trade ? I think it's fair for all.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Sep 23, 2016, 8:57:19 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:52:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info