Look what I found on Poe.trade: it's full of jerks!

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Look you can use poe.trade as an item lookup without pissing anyone off, you're just doing it wrong. For everything you don't want to sell, just price it with an exorbitant buyout. If someone wants to offer anyways you can just tell them sorry buyout is buyout and they would have no reason to get mad.

Yea, this is a way. Another is just leave a note like "not for sale" on the items you have in API tabs just for reasons, works.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Look you can use poe.trade as an item lookup without pissing anyone off, you're just doing it wrong. For everything you don't want to sell, just price it with an exorbitant buyout. If someone wants to offer anyways you can just tell them sorry buyout is buyout and they would have no reason to get mad.

Yea, this is a way. Another is just leave a note like "not for sale" on the items you have in API tabs just for reasons, works.

I think the note display in poe.trade have been disabled due to people being bellends.
Seems like opinions must be very clear lately, even though not really intended to attack, let's go:

Both people shown in the situation are wrong in my point of view, because you shouldn't list something to sell without not having the intent to sell, it is the same as those who scam with low price, even though less severe because you're not trying to manipulate prices, it is still wrong because people thinking they're for sale, lose their time trying to buy it.

On the other hand, there's no mechanism to stop it, so blaming the user for doing so, seems wrong too, even more with authoritarianism against those doing so, they have the tool and they're free to use it, you can't tell them not to use, it's their will. So, the right thing to do, i think, is complaining at GGG by allowing the wrong use of their tool, which won't solve shit, but is where the problem resides.
Sometimes...
I would simply suggest to put a price on them which you are willing to sell them at, even if that price is over 9000 times the item's market value.
"
KronicDecay wrote:
OP sounds like the jerk to me. So the guy changed his mind and didnt take it off poe.trade big deal. You could have simply moved onto the next seller like we all do.
That's what I see too. There is evidence of a jerk in the OP, but it's not the guy he thinks it is.

Why do you need to list an item to compare it? do you really need to see your offering next to somebody else's offering to compare them? And after you compare it, wouldn't you remove it from the sale tab?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 23, 2016, 8:21:12 PM
Be honest how bad were you going to low ball him?
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
Let's start with how poetrade isn't an auction house (you can thank GGG for not having that), so things that are there aren't all for sale.

Which part of the website's url "poe.trade", or even the large banner at the top of the site "Path of Exile shops indexer" was unclear to you?

If you are listing an item on that site, it does mean that it is for sale.
one trade failed= everything is fucked up
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

I think the note display in poe.trade have been disabled due to people being bellends.

Wow, i see ... stupid, was a great tool imo. ty 4 info.

"
Ashwin wrote:
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
Let's start with how poetrade isn't an auction house (you can thank GGG for not having that), so things that are there aren't all for sale.

Which part of the website's url "poe.trade", or even the large banner at the top of the site "Path of Exile shops indexer" was unclear to you?

If you are listing an item on that site, it does mean that it is for sale.

Here you are wrong - at least in case of premium tabs. If you use P-tabs for sale and for normal stash issues, all of it will grabbed through an indexer and listed as sale.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
reibuorumai wrote:
My faith in humanity is too high to believe this is a legitimate, serious post.

Holy shit you have to be new to that whole internet thing. This is the home of all shady business and retards in any colors of the damn rainbow. Better leave the internet NOW before it will take your "faith in humanity" let's it get fucked by a dog and sells a snuff video of that shit on a dark web market. rofl

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info