[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

Any ideas what to upgrade next?

Generally saving money for a 6L Cospri ofc

Question:

If the gloves are crafted with essense of zeal wouldn't that gives us more dps and some leap slam boost?
essence of Instanity gives also cast speed, but only to socketed gems right?
Last edited by Darkroronoa on Apr 15, 2017, 10:27:49 PM
The problem with that is you need resistances on gloves. leap slam can be sped up by switching off-hand brightbeak + 3 green socket prismatic eclipse.

you can't replace devoto's coz it will feel clunky, and it will be expensive to get a good roll with insanity essence while getting both hp and 2 resistances, plus other attribute problems, since our skill tree focuses mostly on strength and has very few int, dex nodes.
Last edited by downsquelch on Apr 16, 2017, 3:39:07 AM
"
downsquelch wrote:
The problem with that is you need resistances on gloves. leap slam can be sped up by switching off-hand brightbeak + 3 green socket prismatic eclipse.

you can't replace devoto's coz it will feel clunky, and it will be expensive to get a good roll with insanity essence while getting both hp and 2 resistances, plus other attribute problems, since our skill tree focuses mostly on strength and has very few int, dex nodes.

Hmm, the switching to off hand trick looks really nice. As for the crafted gloves i will quote norse

"
norseman21 wrote:

A rare pair of gloves crafted with an essence of insanity grants us 20% more attack speed which is huge for our leapslam. A good alternative would just be a rare pair of gloves with Life/Resistance

So my argument is using essense of zeal instead of instanity. Crafting them would be expensive but zeal is gonna be much cheaper. I just wonder how big the difference is gonna be with casting speed on sockets. (deafening)essense of zeal gives 17-18% global attack speed (right?), or am i missing something.
Just to say that i rarely craft in the game and i only played a few characters so i dont know that much about the game, its a legit question :P
Last edited by Darkroronoa on Apr 16, 2017, 9:17:31 AM
norse's post is outdated, since you only use the attack speed party of the insanity craft, it is now better to get deafening zeals for glove enchants.
The real issue there is you will out-speed your aftershock with too much attack speed.

I'm currently using a disfavour, with all the eq duration reduction i have i got 0.33s delay before aftershock hits. it only takes me 12% attack speed from frenzy charges and 19% attack speed from bloodrage to reach 0.34 eq attack speed. when onslaught procs it gets to 0.31 and that's already over the limit of my aftershock delay. Adding another set of 18% attack speed from zeal gloves will just make it more clunky.

the solution here is to use a warped timepiece with attack speed corruption. It will lessen your aftershock delay to 0.24 secs and you attack speed will just touch around 0.25-0.26 seconds.

after trying this out with a 16% attack speed glove and a warped timepiece with 19% attack speed and 12% less duration, my attack speed on eq is at 0.27 sec (with level 19 20% blood rage, and 3 frenzy charges + onslaught) with aftershock delays of 0.24 sec.

Last edited by downsquelch on Apr 16, 2017, 9:43:58 AM
"
downsquelch wrote:
norse's post is outdated, since you only use the attack speed party of the insanity craft, it is now better to get deafening zeals for glove enchants.
The real issue there is you will out-speed your aftershock with too much attack speed.

I'm currently using a disfavour, with all the eq duration reduction i have i got 0.33s delay before aftershock hits. it only takes me 12% attack speed from frenzy charges and 19% attack speed from bloodrage to reach 0.34 eq attack speed. when onslaught procs it gets to 0.31 and that's already over the limit of my aftershock delay. Adding another set of 18% attack speed from zeal gloves will just make it more clunky.

the solution here is to use a warped timepiece with attack speed corruption. It will lessen your aftershock delay to 0.24 secs and you attack speed will just touch around 0.25-0.26 seconds.

after trying this out with a 16% attack speed glove and a warped timepiece with 19% attack speed and 12% less duration, my attack speed on eq is at 0.27 sec (with level 19 20% blood rage, and 3 frenzy charges + onslaught) with aftershock delays of 0.24 sec.

You go into many detals here and i appreciate it!
I dont have EQ enchant (i dont even use blood rage) but i guess i already have the problem you mention. My attacks are 0.41 and my skill duration (the delay is that i guess) it 0.56. I guess it just never bother me the way i usually play and attack the mobs.
What easy ways are there to reduce EQ aftershock? Enchant and corrupt the reduced duration skill gem?
Also is a late EQ aftershock that bad? I mean sure you want it fast but what is the problem when it comes late?
Thanks for the info again!
I noticed this when i first obtained the earthquake reduction helm enchant. IT IS WORTH EVERY EXALT I PAID FOR. 30% eq duration with 5 links on axe and body armor, makes you appreciate the eq slayer.

I'd say save for the cospri's, then axe, then get the helm enchant or if you don't want to spend too much on the devoto helm you can just get a high life, two resist helm with the enchant. it will save you 5+ exalts.

I'm probably 30 ex+ in this build and i'm still enjoying it. Got level 21 curse setup with level 4 enhance on a +1 atziri's step. Now everything is in slow motion.

Also a late aftershock limits your damage, since aftershocks are the ones that deal the most damage. since it deals 50% more damage than your eq tool tip, you want them to hit as fast as possible. It also helps with your clear speed, plus you get to play drummer man in your friend's hideout.

I checked your profile, you might want to use carnage heart, with atleast 50 to all attributes, and 35+ increase damage while leeching. I built my resistances with +all resist, that's why i can run 3 setups, one with bisco's for the magic find, one with atziri step for izaro runs, and one with haemophilia for party runs (since corpse explosions keeps bameth and quills honest.)
Last edited by downsquelch on Apr 16, 2017, 11:50:36 AM
Yeah i will reconsider carnage heart, i removed it at somepoint because i had problems with some resists and i wanted more intellect but i can fit it again i think.
Last edited by Darkroronoa on Apr 16, 2017, 12:05:34 PM
Hi, just started this build for the first time. I'm somewhat new to the game and was trying to find a decent setup to help me through some of the endgame stuff. Mostly, I like building new toons. Anyway, I was following your tree pathing step by step, then noticed that your passive tree in the 70's lost a few branches. Is this intentional or by mistake? The reason I am asking is it doesn't state in your guide anywhere that I've seen and just wanted to clarify. Otherwise, I may have to start over. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

RazZ

**EDIT** The passive tree loses a few nodes and is replaced elsewhere from 66 to 78.
Last edited by murcassassin on Apr 16, 2017, 1:23:06 PM
"
murcassassin wrote:
Hi, just started this build for the first time. I'm somewhat new to the game and was trying to find a decent setup to help me through some of the endgame stuff. Mostly, I like building new toons. Anyway, I was following your tree pathing step by step, then noticed that your passive tree in the 70's lost a few branches. Is this intentional or by mistake? The reason I am asking is it doesn't state in your guide anywhere that I've seen and just wanted to clarify. Otherwise, I may have to start over. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

RazZ

**EDIT** The passive tree loses a few nodes and is replaced elsewhere from 66 to 78.

OH those are for maximizing your skill tree, you just need to respec a few points to remodel the tree. the reason norse did that is to help you level through 1-60+, since it is wasteful to get stats on rings and amulets that you are gonna replace when you hit higher levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info