[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
danios50 wrote:

Maybe you're right with these flasks, im still bad at this game and can't manage flasks properly yet depending on situation. I think my characters was public, but linked it anyways. I know i can improve gloves and rings, but i need to gather some currency to do it.

Aight, right now your ES looks like it might be sitting around 7k. You definitely want Enfeeble or Temp chains on the boss - with WL Mark if poasible (so dual curse).

Make sure you swap to Conc effect for Chimera. You can probably fit in 1 or 2 vaal disciplines to save you. Failing that, leave a portal up so you can refill your flasks mid fight if need be.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
I keep running out of mana when cycloning on single target. I've got the mana on hit jewel but the 6L just makes cyclone cost so much. I only really experienced this when I switched to coc-cyclone in the chest when I got my helmet.

Before that I was using cyclone in the gloves and never had mana problems.

Anyone have suggestions?

OP was very clear on Elreon Rings (-8 to cost x 2 = 16 less mana used).

I personally have a different setup with perma warlord's up, high mana pool and a 2% mana regen on boots when hit, I don't have mana issues either.

You need either one of these set-ups to get rolling with Cyclone.
"
primaeva wrote:
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
I keep running out of mana when cycloning on single target. I've got the mana on hit jewel but the 6L just makes cyclone cost so much. I only really experienced this when I switched to coc-cyclone in the chest when I got my helmet.

Anyone have suggestions?

I personally have a different setup with perma warlord's up, high mana pool and a 2% mana regen on boots when hit, I don't have mana issues either.

I have a -7 and a -8 ring. 1 mana makes no difference. Even when I take out a support gem and bring the cost down, I run out of cyclone juice fairly quickly.
I think I do need to get a higher mana pool, as the 24 or whatever unreserved I have now (with a 4% less mana reserved node) isn't cutting it. But realistically I'd need to get a lvl 4 enlighten to really make a difference :\
Last edited by ClickHitBoom on Jan 12, 2017, 10:13:16 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for the help so far. Am up and running up to T12 maps but still having trouble beyond that on bosses. I know i can get quite a bit more ES by modding my rings, but I noticed my discharge DPS with 6 power charges is only around 25k average dps on tooltip. I'm missing a jewel scoket right now but beyond that what other improvements should I make to my gear to get a bit more DPS to make boss fights shorter?

Also, I am missing my last two uber ascendancy points (that might make a big difference)?

Below is my current gear:

Last edited by Buohuang on Jan 12, 2017, 10:35:01 PM
Last edited by syntax182 on Dec 28, 2022, 8:28:31 PM
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:

Anyone have suggestions?

I have a -7 and a -8 ring. 1 mana makes no difference. Even when I take out a support gem and bring the cost down, I run out of cyclone juice fairly quickly.
I think I do need to get a higher mana pool, as the 24 or whatever unreserved I have now (with a 4% less mana reserved node) isn't cutting it. But realistically I'd need to get a lvl 4 enlighten to really make a difference :\

Huh, that's weird. Granted I have 55 mana for a total of ~4 cyclones before running out (my cost is 21).. And your cyclones should be costing about 6 mana per cast? You should technically be outperforming me in terms of cyclone uptime.

The only difference I see is our boot enchant (2% mana regen when I get hit = 16 * 1.45 = 23.5 regen, plus a base of 20, gives me 43 regen per sec WITHOUT Warlord's Leech.)

I also have a whopping 195 Intel on my gear (for 40% increased ES, and Mana I guess) so maybe that's why it worked out.

That said, your cyclone costing 21 - 15 for 6 mana plus 2 mana gained per hit PLUS leech should remove all mana issues for you. Might you be running hexproof or cannot leech maps?
"
maddognils wrote:
"
I'm running a 4g1b1r voll's with BV and I just breezed through core malachai to clear it for the atlas so I'm not experiencing any single target issues.

If you are having dps problems you should probably start by carefully rereading the main post. A lot of people seem to have double discharge setups with no helmet enchantment or tricksters with no crit gloves and other weird setups which are naturally going to be more inconsistent than a correctly geared character.

I second this. Wish more people did this. We breeze through the game effortlessly with correct gear. Glad its going well for you.

To preface this, I understand the post I'm quoting is a little old. However, what I'm about to say still holds with the current state of the guide.

With regards to the Helmet Enchant, I believe the biggest reason people are gemming incorrectly without this enchant, is because the only place in the guide that mentions NEEDING a different gem set up for non Enchanted Helm, is inside the "2.5 changes" spoiler.

Yes the information fits into that category well. The problem I see, is that intuitively, someone who hasn't done your build PRE-2.5 won't expect to need to read the 2.5 changes. Usually, any changes (especially important ones) are put into the rest of the build guide such that anyone brand new to your guide will come across them in the relevant section. Leaving the "changes" sections solely for those that are "re-doing" the build, or purely interested in how it used to work compared to the current state.

As such, most people who aren't "re-doing" your build and looking specifically for the differences to what they ran prior will skip past this spoiler tag, as it appears to be not applicable to them. I also believe this idea that the changes aren't relevant to someone new is likely reinforced by the bright lettering which puts across the message that 2.5 didn't really do anything to the build.

"
maddognils wrote:

2.5 UPDATE. THE BUILD TOOK SOME HEAVY BLOWS.

JK
WE STILL DESTORY EVERYTHING.

[spoiler="2.5 changes"]

Read carefully please. I get alot of questions that are answered simply by reading through every part of the guide.

The build took heavy blows to charge generation through bladevortex mechanics and also a nerf to malice proc rate which used to be 100ms which is now 250ms. This is not as bad as people think because discharging with full charges > many small discharges.

This is certainly a nerf to the build but i've been able to clear all maps with both assassin version and trickster.

To combat these changes we now discharge in our 6 link chest on assassin to squeeze out that little bit extra damage for single target.

3B3G is now the new volls prot desired colors with a 30% chance to not consume charges helmet. This is about on par if not slightly higher dps in a long fight than Coc/Bv/Pcoc. The colors are also easier to get.

I only recommend this with a 30% chance to not consume charges helmet enchant, because these discharges often occur around the same time, the second discharge wouldn't have many charges to discharge. 30% of the time you will get a double discharge essentially.

If you don't have this helmet use:

Cyclone/AA/Inc Crit/Coc/Bv/Pcoc
or
Cyclone/AA/Inc Crit/Coc/Bv/Fortify

Use 3 dps gems in malice. You can still use Life Leech if you're scared/new to the build. You should be able to keep up vinktar 24/7 whilst mapping.

Pathfinder has been replaced by trickster. (RIP)

Most of the gear is the same besides some of the main links. Trickster uses different links than assassin so beware.

Thank you all, and enjoy.

[/spoiler]

And as such, makes the 2.5 changes tag seem even less important to read for someone who isn't specifically looking for things that have changed since the previous iteration of the build.

I believe that the guide (and thus the users implementing the build for the first time) would be greatly benefitted by the information in the changes section being filtered throughout the relevant sections of the build guide where they are applicable, such as the helmet enchant information being in both the helmet section something along the lines of "THIS WILL DECIDE YOUR ^L SET UP" AND in the gems section rather than just listing #1 set up, #2 set up #OkaySetUp actually saying #1 & #2 "ONLY FOR ENCHANT" and #OkaySetUp "BEST SET UP WITHOUT ENCHANT"

This may seem like an obvious thing to someone who;

a) has lots of experience with the build
b) has been keeping up to date with PoE changes (e.g. #Of Charges gained by critting with Discharge)
c) wrote the guide and knows what you mean (since it is your own thoughts)

However, to;

a) a new player to the style of build
b) someone who wasn't aware of the changes to power charge generation with discharge
c) a new player to PoE in general

This is not immediately obvious.

I've been playing PoE since the very first day of open beta, and have played a couple CoC Discharge builds in the past, and a couple of other CoC builds. I took a break and this league I returned to the game, I read over the main changes to the game and about the league stuff I missed, however I will fully admit, I had two discharges equipped before I got my helmet enchant. I was unaware until recently that the power charge generation was changed.

Since within the main body of the guide, it is not mentioned, I had no reason to assume otherwise, and for the reasons stated above, I did not think to read the 2.5 change notes (I started by break before 2.4 and so any changes specific to the 2.4 version would not be particularly relevant on their own).

Basically, TL;DR:

I think it would greatly aid MANY users of your guide is you were to include key, important information (such as the REQUIREMENT for the helmet enchant for specific gem links) to be in the main body of the guide, and not solely in the changes spoiler.

Secondly, putting the following INSIDE the spoiler, does not help any where near as much as putting it outside the spoiler.

"Read carefully please. I get alot of questions that are answered simply by reading through every part of the guide."

Thanks for the guide, it is truly enjoyable to play.

Regards

PJP
"
fourk wrote:
I'd use this priority for your upgrades:

6L volls
2 elreon crit rings that are craftable (2 affix rares with a useful second affix - es, es%, resists, dex, or accuracy)
Respec to assassin and equip those 2 rings
16% more attack speed gloves
Multi mod and es% crafting on elreon rings
Deaths door
ilvl 84 hubris with 30% enchant
21/20 discharge
+1 curse volls

Thanks for the info, Ill have to start saving for the 6 link. Its not very expensive but still need about 90chaos. It'll be a while before I switch to assassin , those rings are expensive and there is no way Ill get lvl8 masters and the currency to afford it but maybe Ill get lucky with drops.
Thanks for the guide because it's one of my favorite build in this game. also it's very easy to clear map <t14 quickly. But now, i'm lvl91 and i can't do more. I try a t16 Minotor, the map was great, but boss was very impossible : Died 6 times and use 1/3 of his life.

It was the same with Atziri ( no Uber )

is any people arrive to do high lvl map with this build, without dying ? Because now i stay lvl 90, and maybe i lost 200 or 250% experience of this lvl :D

Actually, i'm close to 70K dps with Discharge when i'm full charges ( 6+7 ), but i really need more ES now. :/

My gear :
Spoiler
Ive been running t15 maps since lvl 84 without issues and thats before I started using ele weakness. Also with only 15 mana unreserved and do not have mana porblems. The only issues i started having is almost killing myself to ref . But I just need to stop spamming vinktars and only use for ref / boss. The build has been great and im surprised the single target is not that bad. T16 / shaper might be another story but ill lvl some more before I go there.
I just need to get some jewels and another diamond ring. If my ES doesnt suffer too much ill maybe get +1 belt.

Will this do uber atziri? Its the only thing that I havent done this league. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info