Necropolis boss is stupid

bonespire talisman deals phys damage degen which cant be mitigated with much

with that said, leap slam/flame dash/lightning warp makes this boss a joke. also working- cyclone (you can just cyclone out), quartz flask.
Sure, there are skills / builds that make this problem not being a problem.

But that's not my point at all. When you encounter this boss 1st timea nd you are not lucky enough to have one of those builds - you di. Chances to understand what is killing you so fast (without heavy extensive googling while on dead screen) are zero.
"
Dark_Nero wrote:

But that's not my point at all. When you encounter this boss 1st timea nd you are not lucky enough to have one of those builds - you di. Chances to understand what is killing you so fast (without heavy extensive googling while on dead screen) are zero.
it isnt that much different than some other bosses or abilities in poe. a lot of times you have no clue how mechanic works and it ends up killing you. I dont know why you consider this boss any different

you die, then you learn. thats how the learning process works. once you die, realize what killed you or look it up afterwards, now you know

in case you have a movement skill or have a lot of phys mitigation or you look up the boss before you blindly engage with him, chance of dying to the bonespire he causes are small
So, there are two maps in PoE with hidden "you'll die if you don't have a movement skill which allow to go through obstacles" mod.

Actually, in Pillars of Arun you just can't progress - not instantly dying AND it has a disclaimer about that.

How come that boss is still a thing in 2018?
My personal thinking is that I cannot play this game without a movement skill that goes around obstacles.

Whirling blades is great and all, but I use my movement skill mostly for short cuts, not as part of my defense (which labels me as a filthy scrub).

So I will be That Guy and say I've never had an issue with this boss. I've had issues with a lot of bosses, but surprisingly this is not one of them.
Can't die to Necropolis if you never encounter the map in the first place!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info