Necropolis boss is stupid

"
LLV777 wrote:
Spoiler
(1) No, that's nothing to do with how I play. If something can basically one-shot me, no matter what, just because it procs underneath me (when i may be leap slamming, or whirling around), then that's nothing to do with me.

If you read my post, you would understand that I have no problem with things killing me. Happens regularly. Just happened in last five mins because the stupid server lagged so didn't allow me to hit flask and bleed from the Lair boss stacked and I'm gone. Not my fault, but at least I can *do* something about bleed damage. This is unavoidable and I have no response.

(2) if something is so strong as to run through my 5K hit points over fifteen times (yes, I ran four - five health flasks because nothing on the Wiki or anything i could find could point to what was doing the damage, so i wanted to see what it was), then that's just stupid. Nothing else in the game I know of that can do that.

(3) Not everyone runs endurance charges, and there's no reason why every build and equip aspect can. They are not necessary for me to complete any other aspect of the game, so that would be like me saying to a 2h build, just run a shield because I do. They don't, that's how they're built. I don't, my build and gear isn't built around that.

(4) The point is: most other things in the game allow some form of mitigation or reaction that allow you to deal with it. Bleeding - hit certain flasks. Izaro's traps - don't walk into them. Izaro about to hit you after his big leap and wind up - move the hell out of the way. Atziri's blasts appear on floor - move.

Action - response.

This is not something that can be dealt with by player response, and by the large amount of *threads*, not responses, *entire threads*, devoted to this boss, it's a problem.

It needs fixing.

If what you write is properly true then its bugged or you lagged. Did you look at your status bar for number of bonespire stacks?

--

Didnt do Necropolis in Legacy (Atlas bla bla) but in leagues before I never saw any such strong bonespire effects nor in Talisman league nor in Legacy league with bonespire Talismans.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
raics wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
Well raics, Talisman is going back into Davy Jones' locker with 3.0 so Necropolis will go back to being the lone culprit, right? :p

Sure, but who knows when something else might start using bonespire (don't tell me if something in 3.0 does) and we'll have the same problem again. I'd like to see it get a nice, flashy makeover just in case.

Agree but there is a distinctive sound effect already which you can "learn". SC players probably are less sensitive to such things though.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Agree but there is a distinctive sound effect already which you can "learn". SC players probably are less sensitive to such things though.

There is, but I usually got some music on. Hell, when I was playing firestorm or magma orb there was no sign or peep of it until I notice life going down, music or not.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 17, 2017, 4:35:11 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

There is, but I usually got some music on. Hell, when I was playing firestorm or magma orb there was no sign or peep of it until I notice life going down, music or not.

Whenever I tested Firestorm in the past the gfx spam experience convinced me to not play it even though it got good DPS. Outside of controlled encounters I dont consider Firestorm properly HC viable.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Outside of controlled encounters I dont consider Firestorm properly HC viable.

Gotta agree it isn't, but I like to see where things are even in SC. Firestorm vividly reminds me of playing Shockwave totem back in its early days when we didn't have lockstep, I don't think even the server knew where monsters really are.

Anyway, plenty of flash on screen these days even if you aren't playing a super obscuring skill, it would be nice to give the thing some color but I suppose it's no biggie, it's a rare bird.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hehehe anyone remember the first 6 hours or so of Talisman league????

All the RIPs from Bonespire....myself included.

First patch of that league was to tone down Bonespire iirc.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
I'm playing a Firestorm character this league as a first-time player, and I had no problem hearing the Bonespire sound over the standard Firestorm sound. I do not have the MTX version of Firestorm, heard about problems with it, and I do use headphones for audio, no music on so I can hear important stuff like this. After the first couple of times I met a Bonespire Talisman monster in the wild, I learned to run in fear of it when I first hear that low rumble and deal with it very carefully, killing it off-screen if possible.

I just got up to doing Necropolis for the very first time in the past week or two. My build uses Flame Dash. What I've learned is that I need to enter, approach the boss until it casts the wall and bonespire which usually happens really quickly and may start the instant I enter, use Flame Dash to get out of the circle, AND ONLY THEN start worrying about doing anything else, including attacking the boss, because once it has cast the Bonespire, it can't cast it again for awhile and I'm able to kill it before it is able to cast it again. If you're trying to get off an attack first, that's wrong; your first and only priority should be to get out of the circle as quickly as possible because you just can't tank that.
I don't have any issues with this boss, but then again I am playing Flicker Strike :)
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Yeah, I hate this boss so much. Especially the last time I portaled out and returned, was instantly offscreened by him and trapped behind his ice wall. No way to escape, no charges & no fortify because I had no time to attack anything. Used all my life flasks and the effect carried on. Nearly 20% life regen on my Chieftain didn't help. Warchief totem didn't take away any aggro.

Thanks but no thanks, he can stay in his hole, I'll give him a miss. It's not like drops anything worthwhile anyway.

I played this game 1100 hours, I killed each boss. Most bosses have understandable mechanics, and you can clearly see what you have to do to avoid 1-shotting or dying in a second. But this one...

Shaper, Uber Atziri, Vaal Temple, Elder, all guardians - nothing can compare to this boss in terms of frustration and total misunderstanding what's going on.

I've done all Uber content in this game, deathless. Today I've done BLUE version of this map, and my 10k EHP were depleted in a SECOND. I hit every flask I have, but that didn't help. I just get trapped, and I can't get out of a trap with my movement skill (Shield Charge). I died 4 times in a row right after entering the map.

I couldn't even understand what is killing me. Game does not tell me what's going on. I checked wiki page for the map, but it didn't say much. All it said that boss "spawns Bonespire Talisman effect". But how am I supposed to know what is this effect? Wiki page for this talisman says nothing about it's effects that will kill me in a second: it just says that this amulet gives (20-30)% increased maximum Mana.

Having last portal, I had to waste lots of time googling what the heck is going on, just to find out that Shield Charge is bugged and is the only movement skill that doesn't get you out of a trap, and that this T12 boss gives you less chances to save your character than Uber bosses of the game...

Making changes to your skill gems, changing socket colors on the gear just to deal with a T12 map boss - that's not adequate. Leaving no chance to survive for some builds - that's not right . Every build should have a chance to survive the encounter, and players should be able to understand what's killing them in a second without heavy googling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info