Necropolis boss is stupid

Only boss in the game that requires a phasing flask or a free gem slot for lightning warp.
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2018, 10:10:43 AM
Best counter to playing PoE while watching TV.

At least you can escape from the deadly trap with leap slam, phasing, lightning warp, and flame dash.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I'll take extra flasks to Atziri but either make this sort of mechanic a more common thing in maps or make it not a thing at all. This boss is a total outlier for builds that cannot spare gem slots and must use a phasing flask.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
and flame dash.
except when you aim just a little too far, then your char start running to the point where you "can" use the skill meanwhile taking full damage because why not. Fuck GGG for blessing FD with this idiotic behaviour.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
except when you aim just a little too far, then your char start running to the point where you "can" use the skill meanwhile taking full damage because why not. Fuck GGG for blessing FD with this idiotic behaviour.

I was thinking about adding a little comment after flash dash about the behaviour, but was not sure if it was fixed or not, so I refrained from mentioning it. Looks like it still persists, so better to aim slightly outside of the circle, but it is easier said than done in the heat of the moment.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

iirc it works normally with Shift (wouldn't bet on it though, maybe someone who uses it can tell for sure) but it shouldn't require Shift at all
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
and flame dash.

Yep, fd is the worst of all possible movement skills. I can't tell how much I hate this bs.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I just whirling blade away...
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Do those spike things only deal damage to you when you move? I fought that boss yesterday and ran when I saw those spikes. I thought it was a bleed effect but my flasks didn't stop the degen.

It's the bonespire effect from talisman. It does physical damage while standing on it and also applies degen stacks on every hit, the only way to get rid of it is to portal out so the best way is to avoid standing on it as much as you can and pot through the stacks if you do get a few.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 22, 2016, 6:32:50 AM
The bonespire itself isn't so bad, it's that the boss traps you in a vaal frost wall and then casts bonespire underneath you, so you either have to use a movement skill that can go over objects or phase through the frost wall, otherwise you're dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info