What do you prefer in D3 over PoE, and visa versa?

"
Phrazz wrote:
D3 pros:

- Mechanics
- Engine

PoE pros:

- Everything else

Diablo 3 failed HARD the moment they decided: "Yes, let's make an ARPG without builds".

Not all the mechanics are superior in D3 either.

Projectile attacks snapshotting was the biggest bullshit ever someone could do to an ARPG. Especially with the initial damage spikes Hell had.So at that point you have instadeath ranged attacks that you couldn't avoid.
Diablo 3:

- Blood Shards
- Bounties and Rifts, basically infinite versions of "maps"
- Self-found player's paradise; Can find great items even when not absurdly "rich"
- Generally attainable endgame; Not just for the "top 1%".
- Easy to "reset" a character to a different build

PoE:
- Any character can use anything with the right build
- Items capable of altering the stats of other items
- Prophecies
- Tarot Cards guaranteeing certain items upon completion
Last edited by ArmoredChocobo on Sep 22, 2016, 1:35:02 AM
"
Diablo 3:

How anyone can view this as a "+" in a role playing game, is beyond me. But hey, we are different, and that's a good thing.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 22, 2016, 1:37:26 AM
I like that you can see legendaries on your minimap in D3.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Blizzard is pretty good (as are most big games) for giving players a respectable to decent UI to work with. GGG needs work here.

1. D3 allows players to pick up like-items by clicking only on one of them. Say there are 5 scrolls littered about in roughly a 30 yard radius. By clicking on one, you pick them all up. This would help a ton with currency springs from say chests.

2. D3 provides an audible and visual feedback for when a player is on low-life. A heartbeat floods your speakers and a red glow emanates from the sides of your game window. It let's players know quickly they are in serious danger unobtrusively.

3. Pets in D3 pick up gold. Some may call this P2W, but wouldn't it be great to the flow of game if your golem picked up anything you specified in your loot filter? Pick up chaos orbs but not scrolls or transes. The amount of picking up in this game is obscene, most of it going to currency.

4. D3 has better performance. They lauded the big improvements in 2.3-2.4 with multi-threading but the game runs worse than ever. Lag spikes, FPS drops, multi-threading actually being worse in some cases (like what?). D3 isn't flawless but it runs a lot smoother than PoE and has way more particles and crap flying around. Honestly this game runs just as bad (or good?) as it did when I first started playing it 2 years ago. Whatever they are doing isn't really working.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Diablo 3:

How anyone can view this as a "+" in a role playing game, is beyond me. But hey, we are different, and that's a good thing.

If a build gets crippled in D3, you can switch to a new one with a bit of farming without having to start from scratch.

If a build gets crippled HERE, characters with months of time put into them are down the drain.

I wouldn't be judging the value of that opinion when there's a shit-storm about nerfing going on.
Last edited by ArmoredChocobo on Sep 22, 2016, 2:11:39 AM
D3:
Adventure Mode
Difficulty customizable independent of content level.
Set Items
Smoothness of Gameplay
Reforging stats on items
Endgame rift levels not gated behind rng drops
Self found/no economy
Transmog interface
Armor designs/variety
Loot goblins
Production values
Optimization
Engine/net code
No scam boxes

PoE:
Content updates/patches
More build diversity
I'd like to say crafting, but I've never had the currency to really craft anything other than spam some chaos, get nothing, regret it and just search poe.trade for something.

The content updates get me coming back to PoE, but if it's a weak one (just a league), I'll probably skip it. PoE still has so many flaws, and GGG keeps breaking more stuff with every patch.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Sep 22, 2016, 2:27:07 AM
"
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Diablo 3:

If a build gets crippled in D3, you can switch to a new one with a bit of farming without having to start from scratch.

If a build gets crippled HERE, characters with months of time put into them are down the drain.

I wouldn't be judging the value of that opinion when there's a shit-storm about nerfing going on.

No, if a character gets "crippled" here, you get a free respec. And if you're playing temp leagues, you have no "builds" yet, and wait for the patch notes to theory craft it.

The whole point of a Role playing game in my eyes, is specializing your character the way you want it, and for you choices to matter.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Diablo 3 unfortunately bores the hell out of me, there is literally zero challenge til WAY later in the game, itemization is very boring, and honestly without the effort needed to really get a build online...unsatisfying.

It just isn't Diablo. Its an ARPG sure but it isn't Diablo.

To answer your opening question : Basically i want the opposite of all that and that is what Path of Exile gives me.
Last edited by Steelgrey666 on Sep 22, 2016, 5:15:09 AM
As a lover of bows in RL and in games I have to say the demon hunter is the biggest disappointment I had in years. Even bigger than the ending of mass effect 3.
It plays like crap. I was totaly hyped before the game came out. When I played for the first time I had to change the character after a short amount of time because of the terrible, terrible gameplay. It broke my heart.

I dislike the gameplay in D3 in general, POE just feels far better to me.
I also dislike the colourfull and comicstylish look of D3.

The only thing I really like about D3 is the world building.
Blizzard does a good job of building up a story and world.
IGN Corelica
Last edited by Chesto on Sep 22, 2016, 5:35:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info