Trial of Piercing Truth is fucking bullshit.

I’ve tried really hard to accept them, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I just don’t like traps. The way PoE controls has always made them incredibly frustrating to navigate. Yes, like with any game you can play so much that you finally used to clunky controls, but oh boy is it torture until that point.

Stinging Doubt is another irritating trial that often kills me if I’m not an armor/hp character. There are so few places for an ES character to safely wait to recharge, it’s just ridiculous. Leech-based characters also suffer, needing to mash potions every time a mistake is made. The way traps (and lab as a whole) so heavily favor certain builds for rewards every build needs is just silly.

I don’t hate lab nor am I demanding traps be removed from the game or anything, I’m just going on record saying they’re not fun and I always just want the experience to be over.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
I just got a Piercing Truth last night and I was just thinking the same thing. My last few builds have been hp/armor/regen based so its been no issue. But playing a non-armor based char now Iv come to realize how poorly designed and dangerous this trial is. I was getting so angry that I almost rage quit. This thread may have been started over a year and a half ago and it remains fucking bullshit!

I agree with demon9675 about Stinging Doubt as well. I find that the Uber Lab itself doesn't even have traps this dangerous. Why are the trials that are supposed to prepare you for the lab more dangerous than the lab itself?
Last edited by PhoenixFlame on Mar 12, 2018, 10:42:35 PM
whats so hard about this particular trial ?

and stinging doubt, really ? that trial is so short and has like 1.5 total places where one can fuck up
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
Why are the trials that are supposed to prepare you for the lab more dangerous than the lab itself?
there are a couple of trap patterns that are more dangerous than all of trials

I believe poelab marks them as red nowadays (but I might be mistaken)

they're just pretty rare. but when you get them, you know.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LitigiousSolidOrcaKevinTurtle
Last edited by grepman on Mar 12, 2018, 11:07:49 PM
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
I just got a Piercing Truth last night and I was just thinking the same thing. My last few builds have been hp/armor/regen based so its been no issue. But playing a non-armor based char now Iv come to realize how poorly designed and dangerous this trial is. I was getting so angry that I almost rage quit. This thread may have been started over a year and a half ago and it remains fucking bullshit!

I agree with demon9675 about Stinging Doubt as well. I find that the Uber Lab itself doesn't even have traps this dangerous. Why are the trials that are supposed to prepare you for the lab more dangerous than the lab itself?

Lab is a cancer as well as trials. But they are quite easy, if you change your tactics. If you have evading character, you can’t just run into everything like armor/regen based build. You have to combine lightning warp with some fast movement skill, like whirling blades or shield charge (I prefer the las one). And before lab/trial choose Rysaltha as minor god. Then if you encounter spikes, use lightning warp to jump on nearest sentinel, destroy it, wait for life/flask recharge, jump on another sentinel or use lightning warp to run to next safe area. In fact, sentinels are your friends. It’s not as fast and effective if you compare it with armor/life regen build, but do the job without unnecessary deaths.
Ha this is one of the easiest and Shortest of the trials to do, burning rage is the one I skip for the extra offerings at times because its just sooooooo Long. This one though is a joke
get gud lol
Bleed quicksilver works for most trials. Except Burning rage. But then again, Burning rage sucks ass overall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info