Trial of Piercing Truth is fucking bullshit.

I never played trials or lab again after got my ascendancy points (and hated every second of it)
ign: klavesnica
This post is as relevant today as it was when it was posted. Just died ten times doing this trial specifically today. Turned off my computer after completion out of frustration.

There are many parts in Path of Exile where one feels this frustration, and it is borne out of a sense of unfairness. It is as if GGG intentionally makes it a pain to gather information about certain parts of their game in order to confuse, surprise, and aggravate the player. And this concealment applies to the little things as much as to the big things in the game. At the risk of lengthening this post too much, I will not go into too much detail. But I think most people know what I am talking about.

I am no game designer, but I think there is a distinction between a difficult game and an unfair game that only appears to be difficult. And the only reason why I truly like POE and support GGG is because of my belief in their capacity to still continue to evolve, respectively as a game and as developers.

It's honestly okay, health pot and anti bleed pot, you can walk through it np.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I believe spike traps /flying needles do damage which can be mitigated by armor, which is why low armor characters tend to get absolutely demolished and lose close to half their health when they get hit.

I remember when I was doing trial with my gladiator who had 20k armor without flasks, and I was literally taking 0 damage. I think the swirling traps do fixed damage to all classes, so players that can run fast/shield charge quick are at an advantage there.

But yea, doing lab is really tedious, I don't think anyone likes it unless you build your character specifically around it i.e. high armor, high regen
Things that make it feel unfair: muted colors, darkness, lack of warning (that is, being unable to see further and being surprised after the fact). This also applies to other things in the game, like powerful mobs that are difficult to distinguish in a pack, boss abilities that have muted colors and are difficult to see, etc...
I know that the intention is to force players to pay close attention and be well-informed. Sometimes it really borders on sadism, though. :D
Some elements of poe can be annoying and frustrating yes. Some could use improvements yes.

However if you know your char needs all ascendency points you better plan your build around it.

Being required to plan your char to some extent is a core mechanic of poe.
"Fixed a bug with the trigger gems that cause spells to automatically cats"
WHERE ARE MY CATS! MY SKILLS DOESN'T BECOME CATS!
That particular trial is a pain but it is doable without taking trap damage.

Like anything, practice makes perfect and with labs/trials, a bit of patience also does wonders.

The spike traps have a pattern which you will pick up on with some practice and if you sit back and watch an area, you can spot the different types of spike traps.

- The ones that do not spring out of the floor on their own are triggered by running over them.
- There are the checkerboard layout ones that alternate between "squares" and,
- There are the traps that cascade through an area

The tricky part is when you get a combination of these in the same area that form a gauntlet but if you watch the pattern, you can pick the best time to run through. There are often safe spots in these gauntlets as well that have one of the regenerating monoliths.

All I can really do to help you is advise you to be patient and watch for patterns. You get faster and faster at getting through these with practice.

Good luck.

Last edited by Sighted on Dec 21, 2017, 7:39:15 PM
"
Villalobooze wrote:
Things that make it feel unfair: muted colors, darkness, lack of warning (that is, being unable to see further and being surprised after the fact). This also applies to other things in the game, like powerful mobs that are difficult to distinguish in a pack, boss abilities that have muted colors and are difficult to see, etc...
I know that the intention is to force players to pay close attention and be well-informed. Sometimes it really borders on sadism, though. :D

Excellent points! GGG has really improved the inset map. It would be great if they could make it more useful in the Labyirnth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Not a fan of this trial at all.
If you want to do a timed run puzzle, the whole thing should be visible at once.

I also think that the ability to trivialise the puzzles with some decent flasks is stopping the puzzles being made good.
This is gotta be the worst ever design in the history of the game take this stupid gate out to ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info