[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
Do you understand that Barrage is our ultimative single target skill?

I understand that alright. For shaper/guardians I'll obviously switch to +2 barrage proj devoto's and put barrage in the 6L. I'm asking if the gear I have is enough to try them or is there something that I have overlooked.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Finally got seebybow transitioned fully. Yep mana problems gone no more clarity. Yay!
Any suggestions on gear?

Spoiler

Resocket your chest. You need Added Chaos for Barrage. It's 50% of your damage. Drop Void Manip for now. And...

"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
Crafted chaos damage on all three jewelry pieces, that's priority.

Took your advice (thanks) on one ring but am looking to possibly replace other and definitely the ammy since I'm w/out mana problems now.

What about a nice deadhand talis?

I would definitely replace the Ruby Knot. Because of the nature of the build, you can focus more defensively on jewelry. You want a high life roll and to cap whatever resistances you need. Otherwise, accuracy, crit (diamond ring), or flat physical are all okay, but not overly necessary. Priority is max life, resists, and flat chaos crafted.

Amulet, you ideally want at least high life and 30+ crit multi, with crafted flat chaos again. Fill in the rest with resists, accuracy, crit chance, or whatever else you can get.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Finally got seebybow transitioned fully. Yep mana problems gone no more clarity. Yay!
Any suggestions on gear?

Spoiler

Both rings and amulet are pretty bad imo, try to work on them if you got the currency.
Boots are OK but you could get better total resists.
Belt could be tri-res, but it's good enough.

"
Helter00 wrote:
Spoiler

do you guys reckon I could try guardians/shaper with this gear or is there something that needs upgrading? (I also have +2 barrage proj Devoto's)

Are you a hardcore player? That's the only reason you'd even consider to be insecure with that kind of gear (or if you're really bad with mechanics/afk in fire).

Gear is great, I see no reason to even ask if it's good enough (you got 15+ex on your gear).

However, I don't understand those gloves. How do you apply poison? Get a snakebite, you need it as you're not wearing cospris or snakes.
And for the objective answer: yes, with that level of gear it's a walk in the park, even on hardcore (excluding the shaper).
"
Are you a hardcore player? That's the only reason you'd even consider to be insecure with that kind of gear (or if you're really bad with mechanics/afk in fire).

Gear is great, I see no reason to even ask if it's good enough (you got 15+ex on your gear).

However, I don't understand those gloves. How do you apply poison? Get a snakebite, you need it as you're not wearing cospris or snakes.
And for the objective answer: yes, with that level of gear it's a walk in the park, even on hardcore (excluding the shaper).

I apply poison with poison gem (don't like snakebites mechanic, and rare gloves allow me to be overcapped for ele weakness maps). Thanks for the input!
"
Gear is great, I see no reason to even ask if it's good enough.

Maybe it's like one of those "hey I found this chest just now, is it any good?"

LOL
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Helter00 wrote:
"

I apply poison with poison gem (don't like snakebites mechanic, and rare gloves allow me to be overcapped for ele weakness maps). Thanks for the input!

Oh that's good stuff!
Yes man, your gear is great. I personally did everything asides from shaper without a single +2/1 arrow item or a 6L.
@cmphx,

OK, so love the build but have made a few changes to tailor it to my kind of playstyle. The two areas I focused on where upping attack speed (I find the higher the AS, the better archers typically feel) and accuracy. You sacrificed a lot for just up front damage, which I like, but the build felt very sluggish coming from my 3.6 AS DeadEye, especially with the slower arrows. I hate missing so outside of gear, I tried to drive it up as much as possible. Ultimately I'd like to re-spec into Deadly Draw and out of Depth Perception, but will need better gear. I'd like to take more jewel nodes as well, but need decent jewels for that.

Here is my existing tree: LINK

I path a little differently but the stat changes aren't as drastic as they first appear. The following has changed (comparisons made at both level 92):

Me: 413 dex | 185% life | 139 ER | 94 life | 826 acc/dex | 148% acc | 442% crit C | 149% crit X
You: 293 dex | 200% life | 123 ER | 92 life | 586 acc/dex | 60% acc | 353% crit C | 109% crit X

As you can see I trimmed back a bit of HP for some more damage. I came from a rippy glass cannon DeadEye so going from a 120k tooltip TS to a 25k tooltip felt rough :3

My gear is as follows:
Spoiler

I ran with Alpha's because I had it laying around with that lab enchant (and it's worth something like 20ex so I had to make use of it lol). Even if it was a white helmet, the damage increase from that modifier is just too good to pass up. But Alpha's is a decent helm thank goodness and it's added cold resistance helps a great deal in overcapping. The mana reserve reduction allows me to switch up links a bit and run Arctic Armour, HoI and Grace with plenty left over so I don't really need any mana regen on gear or on the tree. It's a decent trade off in losing 16% attack speed (not great, but decent).

With regards to the links, I have never found IC and CWDT useful for ranged heroes. Especially evasion based characters that rely heavily on avoiding damage. And IC without any ECs is painfully short, even with the increased duration, which is additive and does little to extend the uptime of IC. So I hooked in a CoH with HoI and tied it to Warlord's Mark (a setup I used on my DeadEye with great success). Because we are crit based, we shatter just about anything that isn't a boss. That means that after the first pack on a map, we essentially have 3 ECs, giving us a nice 12% physical damage reduction, and a boost to our resistances. Tie that together with AA and you have a decent amount of physical mitigation, even when you're mobile. Having none (I believe we cap out at about 2-3% physical damage reduction) means getting wrecked by corrupted blood and chaos lanterns. I just hate getting shredded out of nowhere, so that was aim one. AA is a workhorse but I felt it ran a little light.

The secondary links are set up with CWDT and Cold Snap, which as a 30% chance to freeze at any level. Keeping CWDT at level 1 means it's up even on low level maps. It won't help much in a boss fight, but in mapping, it gives terrific CC (on top of HoI, which chills if it doesn't blow them up first). I stumbled upon the combination a few days ago and been having terrific success with it!

Another change I made was to run with 3 FCs. I can see the value of 4, but I opted to get my ramp up time as short as possible and only swap in Frency for boss fights. For general mapping, Blood Rage is more than enough to keep those FCs up. After the first pack, you have your 3. Profit.

I also swapped out LA for TS. Reach is a terrific bow that provides a free GMP. And TS is one of the hardest hitting single target bow skills, so why not use it to clear? We also don't have to worry about elemental reflect either (it does however take some of the sting from physical through the phys to lightning conversion). LA has some great CC, but TS just fires off arrows everywhere, whether you miss or not. It's also a lot more fun to play for me. I find LA to be very flat and boring, with occasional moments of "oooohhhh". TS just has a more visceral feel to it with explosions and arrows filling up the screen. So satisfying. It even makes a decent boss killer for <T14 maps.

I'll attach some details of my stats below. These were taken without any auras, no golem, no buffs of any kind from my hideout using the tree and items above.

Spoiler
Defensive stats (no auras, no buffs of any kind, in hideout, 10% additional movement speed from boots enchant)

TS 6L (no auras, no buffs of any kind, in hideout)

BA 5L (no auras, no buffs of any kind, in hideout. 6L would be RD which doesn't affect tooltip anyway)

Anyway thanks again for posting your build. I tried like hell to make my crazy DeadEye work but you just can't hang in high end-game with 4.5k life and a rippy build that gets one shot from a random reflect monster. Archers are strange to build because there are so many damage nodes open to us, but if we take them, you will never have the defenses to support that level of output. A stark contrast to my EQ Juggernaut that has 8.5k life and I can't find a single worthwhile damage node that is available lol.

PS: One thing I should point out in your tree is that you took the 3 nodes to get to Piercing Shots obviously because you want 100% pierce and have a +1 Drillneck. For those that don't, they only need to take the first two nodes as Drillneck as the 10% additional pierce as it's implicit. Players can basically save another node here.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Oct 28, 2016, 3:12:07 AM
Im playing this build like 2 weeks and chimera and hydra are fucking hard to kill any changes of gems setup maybe?
Can you check my gear if they are ok or i need upgrade or sth :)
Hi, I'm trying to craft/buy a nice ring for my assassin. Maybe someone can help me with one question: The "adds x to x chaos damage" which you can craft - is this a prefix or a suffix? Same with the "% increased chaos damage", prefix or suffix? Without knowing this, it's really difficult for me to look for rings worth buying.
El Psy Kongroo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info