[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
Patchumz wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:
Damn, I hate Slower Proj in the LA setup :( It make my eyes bleed every map clearing - soooooo slow.
Planning to switch it with Faster Attck or Faster Proj...

You'll lose some DPS, but it won't be the end of the world. Definitely worth doing if SP isn't fun for you.

I can only recommend to any1 just try Faster Attacks for LA instead of Slower Proj.
In matter of DPS you'll loose a really little (only ~400 DPS on my tooltip!), but you'll:
1. Loose feelings of being disabled
2. Get faster Power Charges generation

And for map clearing I'm using Blood Rage now - everything becomes even faster!

For Lab runs and similar stuff I've made this combo:

Works extremely well, allowing you to repostion yourself while being in safe.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 27, 2016, 11:05:10 AM
"
Viewtifulsean wrote:
ah sorry about that,didn't know my char setting was hidden, could you check again when u have time, thx much

get rid of your drillneck - elemental conversion implicit is terrible trash ! Either get 10% pierce chance, or 1+arrow implicit, but please no elemental conversion.

get better jewels

spec into all 3 blood drinker life nodes in the tree you missed that (next to your frenzy charge, also gives leech)

get a quicksilver of adrenaline, maybe even a witchfire brew instead of a second life flask

"
OK one thing that has me scratching my head. Did GGG change something in how chance to hit is calculated?

I have a higher accuracy rating but a lower chance to hit than OP...

Spoiler
OP:

ME:

hmm seems weird, i know its dependent on levels, what char level are you?

"
exodus863 wrote:
Is it okay to use a rat's nest instead of devoto's?

yes

"
Obimio wrote:
Would it be possible to make a ci/ll version of this build?

yes but difficult to achieve a good ES/dps balance

"
SilverWF wrote:
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:
Damn, I hate Slower Proj in the LA setup :( It make my eyes bleed every map clearing - soooooo slow.
Planning to switch it with Faster Attck or Faster Proj...

You'll lose some DPS, but it won't be the end of the world. Definitely worth doing if SP isn't fun for you.

I can only recommend to any1 just try Faster Attacks for LA instead of Slower Proj.
In matter of DPS you'll loose a really little (only ~400 DPS on my tooltip!), but you'll:
1. Loose feelings of being disabled
2. Get faster Power Charges generation

And for map clearing I'm using Blood Rage now - everything becomes even faster!

For Lab runs and similar stuff I've made this combo:

Works extremely well, allowing you to repostion yourself while being in safe.

good points ! I actually like slower proj. so i dont feel disabled :P

oh and blood rage was always meant to be used for mapping

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:

"
SilverWF wrote:

In matter of DPS you'll loose a really little (only ~400 DPS on my tooltip!)

good points ! I actually like slower proj. so i dont feel disabled :P

oh and blood rage was always meant to be used for mapping

Keep in mind that tooltip DPS does not equal effective DPS. The SP gem with "more" also heavily affects the poison damage where faster attacks does not.

Now if you're able to still one-shot everything with faster attacks, it's not an issue.

I also don't see the big benefit of faster attacks, since it's the slower projectile speed that's the issue, not the attack speed.

The two things I've done to help out a bit:

1) Taking Ballistic Mastery to counteract the RotC reduction.
2) Keeping Slower Projectiles at 19/20. You cap out the more damage at 19. Level 20 only further lessens the projectile speed. Unless you're trying to corrupt it to get 21/20 (not sure it would be worth it), 19/20 is a better option.
hi guys !!!
Need advice about gameplay and how I can kill some bosses because i dont know guys but Im still stock on tiers 13 some bosses kill me super easy ...

If someone here have a chance to check it out my profile and skilltree ....

Even Uber izaro still hyper hard for me !!!
"
Keep in mind that tooltip DPS does not equal effective DPS. The SP gem with "more" also heavily affects the poison damage where faster attacks does not

I know that, sure
But poison is not an option for packs - they blasts in 1-2 shots (3 attacks per second!), so poison can't hit them even once.
For Barrage I'm still with Slower Proj, no doubt.

"
hueto wrote:
hi guys !!!
Need advice about gameplay and how I can kill some bosses because i dont know guys but Im still stock on tiers 13 some bosses kill me super easy ...

If someone here have a chance to check it out my profile and skilltree ....

Even Uber izaro still hyper hard for me !!!

Everything seems fine.
You are missed some life nodes near Scion, but I don't think that 15% can make a huge dufference...
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 27, 2016, 2:14:01 PM
@cmphx,

Really? I thought the values were simply based off the raw stats. So x armour or evasion would yield y% to stat. I was looking over your defensive tab too. I have 28,000 evasion but less % evade than you (you have 62% with just north of 20,000).

My shadow is level 87. I know hero gain stats from levels, but that doesn't alter the way the stats are calculated. Still confused as almost non of the stats are matching up.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
@cmphx,

Really? I thought the values were simply based off the raw stats. So x armour or evasion would yield y% to stat. I was looking over your defensive tab too. I have 28,000 evasion but less % evade than you (you have 62% with just north of 20,000).

My shadow is level 87. I know hero gain stats from levels, but that doesn't alter the way the stats are calculated. Still confused as almost non of the stats are matching up.

i dont know, its really weird.

what i meant by level based is that the accuracy % in the tooltip shows the chance to hit against a monster

- of the same level as you if you are level 84 (?) or below
- of level 84 if you're >lvl 84

or something like that, thats what i meant.

the only thing i can imagine is that they changed the formula with a new patch. I'll check my eva/accu next time im ingame

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Can u use a high dps bow for your build? Or is council bow a must have?
My noobie shadow was able to kill Atziri (normal) at 78 with only 1 death (at Vaals).
This build seems just awesome.
Maybe map clearing not the best (but close to this, really), but single target damage output is freakin huge.

"
Obimio wrote:
Can u use a high dps bow for your build? Or is council bow a must have?

Sure u can - OP noted this in the Gem setup part
But you'll need to use GMP instead of some another gem and this will decrease your DPS
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 27, 2016, 5:06:27 PM
"
cmphx wrote:
"
@cmphx,

i dont know, its really weird.

what i meant by level based is that the accuracy % in the tooltip shows the chance to hit against a monster

- of the same level as you if you are level 84 (?) or below
- of level 84 if you're >lvl 84

or something like that, thats what i meant.

the only thing i can imagine is that they changed the formula with a new patch. I'll check my eva/accu next time im ingame

Thanks I'd appreciate that. I'll post my stats when I get home later as I've noticed large discrepancies everywhere.

I try to find clean values where a hero is sitting in their hideout with no other buffs active and appreciate you throwing those in. Most everyone tries to epeen bump and includes these crazy scenarios with 4 flasks up, all charges up, a shrine active, a party aura on them, and the kitchen sink strapped to their head to get a 3 trillion damage tooltip. Which makes comparisons very hard.

I'm loving the build tho. I came from a glass cannon 100k tooltip TS build with 4K life and the one shots were real. It became so bad I was afraid of a butterfly's wing beat!

I've made some changes to suit my play style and have finally fleshed out the build the way I like it. I'll post that too later for you :)
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info