[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
mrcello wrote:
nice build,

i see alot of ppl using lmp with LA if they cant afford reach;
but can split arrow be the solution here? easy 7 arrows + more damage (not using lmp or gmp)

another question, isnt voltaxic a good alternative to lioneyes?

LA is just better than any other clear skill IMO. It has chain, its pretty fast even with SP, and it travels 2-3 screens before disappearing. Also since we have 100% pierce chain from LA procs stupid amount of times per shot.
I have a question regarding this build.

I just started playing a few days ago and Im following this guide to the letter. I want to know if there are skill stones that I need to purchase and level up from the get go or to the good ones come later int he game and I should just use whatever I can find. So far Im using multi arrow exclusively.

Thank you.
Ok here is some newbie questions.

How LA is better than TS?
How this build is better than Ziggy's ROTC?

Thanks.
you got no problems keeping up power charges? i got semilar gear as you, but my crit chacne is to high to keep up :D i use death's opus tho, so i gues my crit chance is higher then yours

should i swap out crit chance gem to crit multi?
Last edited by Nisseonbeer on Oct 19, 2016, 7:52:43 AM
Is this build ranger viable? How much the build depends on assassin asc. nodes?
How essential are Devoto's Devotion and Forest chest?
"
BAKIS wrote:
Ok here is some newbie questions.

How LA is better than TS?
How this build is better than Ziggy's ROTC?

Thanks.

Both of these questions were answered by OP earlier. IIRC LA just has better synergy with pierce and dying sun. But nobody stops you from playing TS. You can just swap LA for TS and try what suits you better. Well, not to mock down Ziggy but I haven't seen his video of killing shaper with white crude bow.
Last edited by MrOleg on Oct 19, 2016, 10:01:41 AM
Hello! Been using this build for the past few days and it's been fantastic after I got King of the Hill. Damage has been very good so far, but sadly I've been getting nearly one-shotted quite frequently in T4 maps. Am I too underlevelled or is my gear not adequate? Thanks in advance!

Gear:
Spoiler

My hovercraft is full of eels!
I have a 6L queen of the forest, a 5L with a 6th slot reach of the council and pretty decent gear. However my question is I cannot afford a drillneck with the additional arrow mod on it. Should i sell one of my more exspensive items back and buy the drillneck or just save for the drillneck? How much damage will i miss out on?
"
SpitBlood wrote:
I have a 6L queen of the forest, a 5L with a 6th slot reach of the council and pretty decent gear. However my question is I cannot afford a drillneck with the additional arrow mod on it. Should i sell one of my more exspensive items back and buy the drillneck or just save for the drillneck? How much damage will i miss out on?

Save up for that drill neck.

You are not losing out that much damage since you have reach. With reach, your barrage does 8 arrows. With +1 drill neck, that is 9 arrows. You are just losing out 12.5% damage.

Losing the 6th link (void) will result in losing more overall damage.
"
cmphx would it be possible to get a screen of your gear or gem switches for UBER lab runs. Or maybe some tips on UBER lab fight. Also for Shaper you switch some gems around would it be possible to see what gems you swap as in the locations on your gear.

my shapersetup

For uber lab use the normal decoy setup. dont use bloodrage in lab. use life regen to counter traps. rush through with high movespeed. vs izaro put decoy totem up, wait until he goes up, insta-blink arrow away. he will focus decoy totem then which gives you time to hit frenzy 4 times and barrage him down. then run around until phase is over, dont get hit by the green shit from the goddess

"
Vuducdung wrote:
I'm playing as a ranger atm, but I'd love to try your build. I also have some questions: which class should I go? Are there any changes in gears as well as skill tree?

deadeye=most dps
pathfinder=most versatility
raider=highest clearspeed

all of them are good, go deadeye if you want to do guardians/shaper, go raider if you just want map clearing, go pathfinder if you're good at keeping up flasks&using them alot

"
Stringtheory wrote:
With

For single target dps, which is better?
or
??

Heck, is
potentially better than a +1 drillneck?!?! Hear me out on this one, you have the potential to shock! Cant do that with the current barrage setup.

the conversion one is terrible, sell it lol. you need the physical damage as a base for poison damage. you won't shock bosses anyways with so little damage so its not worth it

"
mrcello wrote:
nice build,

i see alot of ppl using lmp with LA if they cant afford reach;
but can split arrow be the solution here? easy 7 arrows + more damage (not using lmp or gmp)

another question, isnt voltaxic a good alternative to lioneyes?

split arrow is okay, but lightning arrow just clears faster in my experience no matter what.

and yeah voltaxic is a good alternative

"
Takezaki wrote:
I have a question regarding this build.

I just started playing a few days ago and Im following this guide to the letter. I want to know if there are skill stones that I need to purchase and level up from the get go or to the good ones come later int he game and I should just use whatever I can find. So far Im using multi arrow exclusively.

Thank you.

you need to buy 2x added chaos gems as early as possible and level them. the rest you can just get from quests / vendor. maybe you also need to buy decoy totem/vaal haste/immortal call though

"
ZerotuL wrote:
Is this build ranger viable? How much the build depends on assassin asc. nodes?
How essential are Devoto's Devotion and Forest chest?

non of all is essential, you can do as a ranger aswell. assassin just has the highest dps of all classes so dont be disappointed if you do less damage than i do in my videos

queen and devoto is not required, but i strongly recommend it

"
Xenophide wrote:
Hello! Been using this build for the past few days and it's been fantastic after I got King of the Hill. Damage has been very good so far, but sadly I've been getting nearly one-shotted quite frequently in T4 maps. Am I too underlevelled or is my gear not adequate? Thanks in advance!

Gear:
Spoiler

your gear is fine, you get oneshot prolly because you dont have much life, because youre too low level. with more levels you get more base life, and more life nodes, so you'll be much tankier.

also this is not a tank build. dont just stand still and get hit by everything. move around, use your mobility and range to kill things without getting hit much
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info