[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

As said i'm reporting my leveling in EHC: i'm going straight for lifes nodes at the moment (expected). DPS is alright, i'm wrecking things. I've just been using faster attack on my LA instead of slower projectile, as i am lacking some attack speed for now, i'll switch later.

Will report again when i start mapping!

"
HugzForL wrote:
As said i'm reporting my leveling in EHC: i'm going straight for lifes nodes at the moment (expected). DPS is alright, i'm wrecking things. I've just been using faster attack on my LA instead of slower projectile, as i am lacking some attack speed for now, i'll switch later.

Will report again when i start mapping!

I'm 73 in EHC at the moment. Getting 175m xp/h in Dried Lakes. The clearspeed was insane, I focused on the tree as suggested. However, the life pool is very low compared to what I was expecting. I'm at 3.7k at the moment, yes, with not so good gear, but even with upgrades I wouldn't go higher than 4.5k.

That said I one shot most packs in Dried Lakes. The build moves really fast and I could kill bosses on my own, including Cruel Lab at 64 I believe. I paid for Merciless. Queen of the Forest is awesome to have for the life and resist, that was my first item I bought for the build. I used a Tabula Rasa to level, and honestly I barely notice a difference between 4 and 6 links. Main issue is survival.

Snakebite is awesome to get too, the poison really doubles the DPS. Since they're an alch or so, I suggest to buy one asap.

I'm thinking on filling the Scion life wheel, because I find the life way too low for EHC. That could be my only change on the build actually. Rest works wonder so far.

Let me know if you feel you need to change something on your own!
Last edited by Gallaxe on Sep 22, 2016, 2:40:15 PM
"
muclemente wrote:

I was going to ask you about the bleed/poison immune guardian fights.

Do you think there's a way to switch gear to do it faster? Like Facebreaker instead of Snakebite to get some more crit multi and link some power charge on crit... Just some thoughts though

those are some good ideas. I dont have a final trick to kill those two fuckers yet, maybe you guys can bring more ideas taht i can test, and try for yourself.

I killed both in a party with a lacerator, but he was doing most of the damage. They have less HP than phoenix or minotaur, but cant get poisoned so we dont do that much damage to them.

Decoy totem and dodging is king again for those fights, but its annoying right now.

"
Gallaxe wrote:

I'm 73 in EHC at the moment. Getting 175m xp/h in Dried Lakes. The clearspeed was insane, I focused on the tree as suggested. However, the life pool is very low compared to what I was expecting. I'm at 3.7k at the moment, yes, with not so good gear, but even with upgrades I wouldn't go higher than 4.5k.

That said I one shot most packs in Dried Lakes. The build moves really fast and I could kill bosses on my own, including Cruel Lab at 64 I believe. I paid for Merciless. Queen of the Forest is awesome to have for the life and resist, that was my first item I bought for the build. I used a Tabula Rasa to level, and honestly I barely notice a difference between 4 and 6 links. Main issue is survival.

Snakebite is awesome to get too, the poison really doubles the DPS. Since they're an alch or so, I suggest to buy one asap.

I'm thinking on filling the Scion life wheel, because I find the life way too low for EHC. That could be my only change on the build actually. Rest works wonder so far.

Let me know if you feel you need to change something on your own!

Hi, thanks for your feedback so far in EHC. I dont know which tree are you looking at? My finished one at lvl 95 has the scion life wheel and 215% Life:

You should also use 4 Jewels with a %Life roll on them too. Right now I am level 93 and my HP is 6517.

You can fill out all life nodes first, and get the damage nodes later. As you noted, the damage is insane with very little investment.

Have fun and stay safe !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
I plan on starting this build tonight! That being said I am relatively new to poe and have a net worth of probably around 5 exalted. That being said what would your order of preference be for a 5 link between Voltaxic rift, lioneye's glare, and darkscorn. I plan on using 1 of them until I can afford a reach of the council.

Also why do you use lightning arrow instead of tornado shot? Apologies if it was already asked I have been reading comments on this build and your king of the forest marauder and forgot which comment was where.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi cmphx.

i really like the look of this build and i'm planning to try it, but with a twist.

How would you incorporate this chest into the build?

My theory is to utilise some form of curse-on-hit (glove corruption) to apply the curse, but I'm unsure whether the curse would apply before the hit, poisoning the target on the first arrow, or if the first arrow merely applies the curse and the second arrow poisons the target. I will test this mechanic on a friend.

Plan B is to use blasphemy but being so close defeats the purpose.

Please give it some thought
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
Hi cmphx.

i really like the look of this build and i'm planning to try it, but with a twist.

My theory is to utilise some form of curse-on-hit (glove corruption) to apply the curse, but I'm unsure whether the curse would apply before the hit, poisoning the target on the first arrow, or if the first arrow merely applies the curse and the second arrow poisons the target. I will test this mechanic on a friend.

Get CoH Vulnerability - Glove prefer Facebreaker for CMP or any rare glove with VUL CoH. Blasphemy is not for range champ cuz you support to stay far away from mob which is more than affected range of Blasphemy.
CoH applies on projectiles ( bolt from LA ) .

Actual benefit of Cospri is on hex proof maps or any boss with hex proof. You can easily achieve same result with snakebite glove which is much cheaper.
Also, your movement speed is slower ( slower clear speed IMO) than cuz you dont use QoF.
Have you considered picking up the +skill effect duration cluster south of Scion start? As I understand it, more skill effect duration would effectively be another damage factor, multiplying the entirety of your poison damage. +45% total poison damage seems like a pretty powerful upgrade for ~6 passive points.
I have problem, my Accuracy Rating so low, just 87 chance to hit T_T

Will prolem solve with Hinekora's Sight ?

"
Sublux909 wrote:
I plan on starting this build tonight! That being said I am relatively new to poe and have a net worth of probably around 5 exalted. That being said what would your order of preference be for a 5 link between Voltaxic rift, lioneye's glare, and darkscorn. I plan on using 1 of them until I can afford a reach of the council.

Also why do you use lightning arrow instead of tornado shot? Apologies if it was already asked I have been reading comments on this build and your king of the forest marauder and forgot which comment was where.

My opinion: LA for off screen attack, kill eneemy from a distance when they could not come near you to endanger. When u do red map, u will got tons of damage when come near enemy to use Tornado.

And bonnus from crit : enemy being shocked, that's why LA still a top tier bow skill for clear map :D

Last edited by dtieubinh on Sep 23, 2016, 1:48:42 AM
"
Sublux909 wrote:

Hi, 5 exalted should be more than enough to get started. The most important piece of gear is a reach of the council. No other piece will give you more damage, clearspeed and joy :D so get that first ! all the other gear (except drillneck and snakebite) can be filled with cheap-ass rares. a 5L yellow chest will do, and a 4L barrage is enough too. That will give you already sick clearspeed, easy normal atziri runs and you can farm your way up.

If you cant get a reach though, get a Lioneyes glare first.

I love Lightning arrow, thats why :D with crit it has added shock, which is amazing. and the clearing is just alot faster, or at least it feels alot faster to me than tornado shot.

Also my biggest problem with tornado is that you need to "aim" it. LA you can just shoot into a rough direction and it will kill everything. I will post a video within the next hour, where you can check it out yourself.

"
fiqst wrote:
Hi cmphx.

Hey fiqst, I feel honored :O I loved your "Vulcan's Exemplar" Build and many other abyssus/bino creative ideas that you posted, those inspired me alot ! Wow, that build was almost 2 years ago ... when prolif was still nice. I am glad you like my concept :D

Nice colors on that chest :D I was hyped when it came out. Then i posted a question in the "ask-a-dev"-mechanics thread, how it would work with poison from CoH.

And well, bummer :( the way it works with a curse on hit is this:

First, it is checked whether the mob has a curse on it. if yes, then poison is applied
Second: The curse on hit (either from gem links, or a corruption implicit) is applied to the mob.

So you need to hit at least twice to get the poison going. Which is fine for boss kills, but terrible for map clearing because you need to hit a mob twice to get it going.

The secondary effect from lightning arrow applies poison aswell, so you would probably still get it from that.

I am unsure if this would slow you down compared to snakebite, since most packs are oneshot right now for me. However sometimes there are "leftovers" which usually the poison then takes care of, which is a bonus to clearspeed.

The movespeed loss is quite significant, but with my new flask setup, its not as important anymore. at my level of evasion, qotf is about 20% movespeed.

So tl;dr: Cospri's will is a great chest for this build, but it has its issues. I am looking forward to your tests and experiences !

"
kentsfield wrote:
Have you considered picking up the +skill effect duration cluster south of Scion start? As I understand it, more skill effect duration would effectively be another damage factor, multiplying the entirety of your poison damage. +45% total poison damage seems like a pretty powerful upgrade for ~6 passive points.

Hi, you are right about that ! however "noxious strike" already gives 30% skill effect duration when you killed a maimed enemy recently (which is basicly all the time in maps).

And im not sure about how to modify the tree for it. Currently my tree is optimized to get the highest possible amount of life into it. If you sacrifice a bit of life and pick up those nodes, it would help single target greatly I am sure. Which is only important though for shaper/guardians and uber atziri. I will consider it ! thanks for the post .

"
dtieubinh wrote:
I have problem, my Accuracy Rating so low, just 87 chance to hit T_T

Will prolem solve with Hinekora's Sight ?

Hi, yes that amulet would solve it. But its not good, because no life/no resist/no damage.

Try to get around 300 accuracy on your gear, that will solve everything.

Also keep in mind that you get accuracy from golem and frenzy charges through snakebite. So check your accuracy with golem buff and 4 charges ! That shouldnt be bad. a 88-90% chance to hit is plenty for an archer build.

Edit: Posted a first video for you guys :D I am using dying sun in that video, it is an amazing clearspeed upgrade that i can totally recommend. It will boost you to another level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHfjro5US2c
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Sep 23, 2016, 4:53:43 AM
Hey here, i have question , the skill tree is ~ 91 lvl? Maybe u update it soon ? (sorry my english)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info