[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
samlzy1993 wrote:
Hey guys, can someone help me out? I'm currently level 81 but my damage is literally around half of what is shown in cmphx's post under the 5L damage screenshots.

My current build:

My current dps for Barrage and Lightning Arrow in hideout, completely unbuffed.

gif image hosting

My current tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjRCSES8UIBa_GY4fQSF2I9Mj9iaVKgsqWysKLlMwfDH6MjI2PTfUOdRDMUM2R35KfUz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1WFVvpbr13yXz9h4mKsZU1qjGwIbIxvJ3BScbB07XXLdvd343loefZ9dX8rhKKE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CdqqCfotmly6iiqW6q-LDYtMW1SLe2vG-9Nr6nwQTBM8HYwuzIFMjwzZjTb9N-1CPZhtrB2-fqYutj7T_tg-4O7w7vevGK9W_8xf66?accountName=samlzy1993&characterName=HanzoSenpai

Getting your gems to 20/20 will be a nice buff to damage. LA doesnt need quality, but Barrage and all your support gems should be 20/20.

Rings and amulet need upgrades. Its critical to get as much resistance from your boots and belt as you can afford so you can get the important damage stats on jewelry.

Amulet especially you want global crit multi, Flat phys dmg, and crafted flat chaos dmg.

I'll post mine for an example.

Solid jewels will be helpful as well.

Last edited by ellisd88 on Apr 21, 2017, 3:14:15 PM
Tried Shaper and Uber Atziri a few times, but can not do it... Im a bit dissapointed, because 25-30ex gear and lvl95 char should be able to do it. Maybe the build got nerfed too heavy, maybe its my skill or maybe its life build without VP :/

"
samlzy1993 wrote:
Hey guys, can someone help me out? I'm currently level 81 but my damage is literally around half of what is shown in cmphx's post under the 5L damage screenshots.

My current build:

Rings, amulet, will require an upgrade.
For rings, look for open prefix, to be able to craft added chaos.
Envy craft when you can, envy crafting goes a long way if you're lucky with rng.
For amulet, you really want juicy crit multi roll, and open prefix to craft added chaos.
For jewels, you will use life/proj damage/chaos damage most likely.
If you have uber lab done (deadly infusion route), you will REMOVE crit strikes gem and put void manipulation or crit damage instead.
Why remove crit strikes you may ask?
Opus is not Reach, Opus does not require crit strikes gem to be almost crit capped, 5 power charges will do that for you plus the skill tree, and you will have no issues in having 85 and above (up to 96 crit chance with proper gear), and will be much better running crit damage or void manipulation.

For example, mediocre former jewelry from Breach league (now dumpster standard):
Spoiler

The rest of gear:
Spoiler

Ignore the gem levels, they were leveling for another try at 20q + vaal (no, before you ask, I don't buy quality gems from people)
Yes, the belt was from my previous fire trapper (first character in new league is always fire trapper in my case)
Yes, it has Reach equipped now, but was using Opus until level 89, without crit strikes (crit damage and void manip for 5-6 links), just then switched to Reach because managed to 6 link it.
Damage output was lower for sure, it felt lower, but considering the fusings wasted, I stuck on with it.
Opus had a higher damage output due to it's own 150 crit multi, and 2 damage gems, where Reach required crit strikes to reach a crit cap, which meant sacrificing one damage support gem.
No, I did not use Snakebites, because damage was not lacking at all for trash clear, and point blank barrage was killing bosses fast enough, and poisoning was somewhat consistent.
No, I did not use Queen of the Forest, because, defense wise, I value life, and I lacked resistances for ele weakness.
Yes, the gear is pretty mediocre, 4 jewels with life/proj damage/phys bow damage, but it did clear all the content the game had to offer.

Last edited by Songweaver on Apr 22, 2017, 7:26:34 AM
"
Songweaver wrote:

Rings, amulet, will require an upgrade.
For rings, look for open prefix, to be able to craft added chaos.
Envy craft when you can, envy crafting goes a long way if you're lucky with rng.
For amulet, you really want juicy crit multi roll, and open prefix to craft added chaos.
For jewels, you will use life/proj damage/chaos damage most likely.
If you have uber lab done (deadly infusion route), you will REMOVE crit strikes gem and put void manipulation or crit damage instead.
Why remove crit strikes you may ask?
Opus is not Reach, Opus does not require crit strikes gem to be almost crit capped, 5 power charges will do that for you plus the skill tree, and you will have no issues in having 85 and above (up to 96 crit chance with proper gear), and will be much better running crit damage or void manipulation.

For example, mediocre former jewelry from Breach league (now dumpster standard):
Spoiler

The rest of gear:
Spoiler

What do you mean by open prefix? I've changed my jewelry a bit and though my resistances are higher now I still don't have chaos damage and whatnot. This is as good as my first char, so sorry for my noob questions.

Also, what item level should the rings be before I start crafting them?

What 5 power charges? I've only got three right now, since in his recent update he said theres no need to get the 4th power charge from the bandits since Unstable Infusion works on a non-critical strike, and Opus adds more to critical strike chance.

Finally can someone explain to me how did OP get 6000 health? I've only got like 3.5k and I'm level 82 already.
Last edited by samlzy1993 on Apr 22, 2017, 7:48:19 AM
Im thinking about some changes. I have Cospri's Will and i thought about dropping Snakebite and using cospri's abillity to poison cursed enemies. So I have q, is there any way to effectively cast curses? I tried LA+Gmp+CoH and it works ok , covers great area but It means I have to sac Cwtd setup which seems bad. Anyone tried Cospris version? Some ideas?
Ps.I know I my English is bad, sorry:)
Ps.2 before 2.6 i was using blasphemy+curses+ inc aoe but now it's unreliable since aoe changes. It sucks , because i have Chin Sol now and i wanted to make use of this bow.
Can I go for A. Speed in Cruel (Bandits) or the passive point it's much better?
"
samlzy1993 wrote:

What do you mean by open prefix? I've changed my jewelry a bit and though my resistances are higher now I still don't have chaos damage and whatnot. This is as good as my first char, so sorry for my noob questions.

Also, what item level should the rings be before I start crafting them?

What 5 power charges? I've only got three right now, since in his recent update he said theres no need to get the 4th power charge from the bandits since Unstable Infusion works on a non-critical strike, and Opus adds more to critical strike chance.

Finally can someone explain to me how did OP get 6000 health? I've only got like 3.5k and I'm level 82 already.

Items can have max of 6 stats. 3 prefix, and 3 suffix.
Life, damage etc, are prefixes, where resistances etc, are suffixes. I don't want to overwhelm you with content, but you could look it up upon poe.wiki.
If you don't know, for example, easiest way for you to find it out is, when you browse poe.trade for, let's say, a ring, you select the stats and click browse.
Now, when you are looking at rings there, beside the mods there will be colored letter and number, for example S4, P2, P4 etc.
If you hover your mouse over each state, full wording will be available, for example Tier 9 Suffix, Tier 4 Prefix etc etc.
You are looking for item that has 2 Prefixes max, because if you are crafting Added Chaos with Elreon, that requires an open prefix to be crafted. If the ring had 3 prefixes already, you wouldn't be able to craft it. You need maximum of 2 prefixes to be on the ring, to be able to craft another prefix. Same with suffixes, as items can have maximum of 6 stats - 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes.

If you want to craft your own, you would look for, ideally, item level 84 rings.
Can be done with lower as well, if you don't want to min-max.

5 charges, 3 are your own, main power charges. Then you get 4th one from Merciless Alira bandit, and 5th one from skill tree. You may or may not take the 5th one, I don't know if you can cap out your crit chance with 4, but I used 5, and had a crit cap.
I was at 95% crit chance with 5 charges, and they had a constant uptime while mapping either way, had no issues with it.

I had around 6800 hp.
You lack the Scion life cluster, and I highly advise going for Scion life first, and get marauder life last.
Your gear lacks life on rings, amulet, and belt. You can look for rings with about 70 life, amulet as well, and on leather belt you should have at least total of 100 life or above.
Your boots need 70+ life as well.

You said this is your first character? You're a new player?
If you are, feel free to add me and message me in game when I am online, I may be able to help you.

EDIT:
Also, you can click on my account name, and check the characters tab there, this build character name is Generator, you can check my gear and skill tree inside, along with jewels.
Last edited by Songweaver on Apr 23, 2017, 12:57:11 AM
"
samlzy1993 wrote:

My current build:

My current dps for Barrage and Lightning Arrow in hideout, completely unbuffed.

gif image hosting

My current tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjRCSES8UIBa_GY4fQSF2I9Mj9iaVKgsqWysKLlMwfDH6MjI2PTfUOdRDMUM2R35KfUz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1WFVvpbr13yXz9h4mKsZU1qjGwIbIxvJ3BScbB07XXLdvd343loefZ9dX8rhKKE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CdqqCfotmly6iiqW6q-LDYtMW1SLe2vG-9Nr6nwQTBM8HYwuzIFMjwzZjTb9N-1CPZhtrB2-fqYutj7T_tg-4O7w7vevGK9W_8xf66?accountName=samlzy1993&characterName=HanzoSenpai

Your gear is crap ( no offence). I dot even understand why you're wondering. No +arrow Drill neck, no chaos dmg jewlery, no 6 link/s...

You got a ways to go.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 23, 2017, 12:51:24 AM
"

Your gear is crap ( no offence). I dot even understand why you're wondering. No +arrow Drill neck, no chaos dmg jewlery, no 6 link/s...
You got a ways to go.

You can at least try to be constructive with your reply, if you are rendered unable to realize that this is his first character. New players usually don't know what is wrong, and I'm sure 90% of new people don't know nor understand the game properly.
Also, wtf? Additional arrow Drillneck is by no means required to kill anything, not even shaper, and if anything, it should be the last possible upgrade, the last finishing touch on the character.
"
Songweaver wrote:
"

You got a ways to go.

You can at least try to be constructive with your reply, if you are rendered unable to realize that this is his first character. New players usually don't know what is wrong, and I'm sure 90% of new people don't know nor understand the game properly.
Also, wtf? Additional arrow Drillneck is by no means required to kill anything, not even shaper, and if anything, it should be the last possible upgrade, the last finishing touch on the character.

WTF? WTF indeed. +1 arrow is huge dps. But I digress. I still don't understand missing so much and wondering why the dps is low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info