[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Is Death's Opus still considered the best unique bow for this build (outside of a legacy Reach?). Just wanna make sure before I go ahead and 6-link mine. Thanks!
your face! god damnit! you smack your face!
i using 5link death opus with 6 link queen of the forest before i got my ROTC if that helps.
"
"
manintasca29 wrote:
i guys, i'm new of this build and i'm liv 71. I need a suggestion for the gem setup of this build, i understand barrage and LA setup, but other???? it's usefull the cwdt setup(i see that not all use cwdt setup)?
i don't understand very well the guide for the gem setup!
thanks to all!

this is my build atm:

I believe this is a pretty expensive build. You won't be effective with a 2 socket, no link bow and a 4 link chest. Gem set up is pretty clear on the first page and the links to 2.6 version discussion dropping Reach.

My gear is pretty baller at this point and any higher than t13 I feel my damage fall off a cliff, so prepare to spend a lot on lvl 21 Added Chaos gems, +1 arrow Drillneck, 5/6 links and get flat Chaos damage on your jewlery and many hours leveling gems /character level.

As for CWDT, I didn't find Immortal Call to matter a lot. If I had spare sockets I'd probably go CWDT +Frostwall, but I'm leveling 2 extra Added Chaos Damage gems.

No it's ok, i know that my build at the moment isn't so good; but my question is which is the best gem setup for this build besides the 2 setup for barrage and LA

What's the next upgrade for me apart from getting 6L on ROTC/QOTF? Thinking on changing the amulet but the attribute bonus is too great to give up.
How's the leech handled in this build?
Is the life leech from bloodrage enough..?
Why not use Rat's nest with this build? Vs Devoto.
"
calintztan wrote:

What's the next upgrade for me apart from getting 6L on ROTC/QOTF? Thinking on changing the amulet but the attribute bonus is too great to give up.

Why you don't use frenzy?
Only swap to LA to frenzy when dealing with boss that has no mob to get frenzy charge.
I'm sorry but I simply cannot figure out how using king of the forest works.
From what I understand, you need roughly 12k evasion just to break even on the -25% movement speed.
And with decent/ good gear. I can only come up to around that much if not a little less.
So if you had say 12k evasion and 170% evasion, wouldnt that be 12k*1.7 = 20k which leaves you with 8k in bonus? Which comes out to around 17% movement speed? Is this right?

I'm not worried about flasks i'm just curious if this is the overall goal of the chest. Or am I missing something?
"
WreckinFools wrote:
I'm sorry but I simply cannot figure out how using king of the forest works.
From what I understand, you need roughly 12k evasion just to break even on the -25% movement speed.
And with decent/ good gear. I can only come up to around that much if not a little less.
So if you had say 12k evasion and 170% evasion, wouldnt that be 12k*1.7 = 20k which leaves you with 8k in bonus? Which comes out to around 17% movement speed? Is this right?

I'm not worried about flasks i'm just curious if this is the overall goal of the chest. Or am I missing something?

With Grace aura you quite easily achieve 19-20k evasion, which leaves you with about 19% increased movespeed from QotF, so indeed you are right. Since there are otherwise no chests offering movespeed, its just another part towards achieving maximum possible movespeed. This build works almost as well with just Devoto's, +30% movespeed boots and another chest, you'll just be slightly slower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info