[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Alas, Art of the Gladiator does not remove QotF's -25% movement speed penalty. But it's still great movespeed with grace. The key is you have to use grace. Personally I'm also running Atziri's Step + rare helmet for more evasion than the build described in the OP gives you.

I'm probably going to go with Hinekora's Sight after all. Just too hard trying to find a rare helmet that fits the bill.
Last edited by doctorsurgo on Mar 17, 2017, 3:14:42 PM
As returning player (after quite long time), i must thanks for this (and other) builds around that let me get into "meta". I have chosen this one as insporation as i prefer bow and fast character.

Anyhow, after leveling to lvl86 on variation to this build i have decided to do my own inspired by some mechanics from this one and so far it seems stronger while simplier to use (and it wont be hit so hard when doubledip nerf comes). But its still long way, im only at lvl70, but already getting way better results then expected (i would almost say its already better then was my lvl86 with same gear).

ps. is there any tutorial how to write guide here on forum, few ppl in party wanted to see my build and honestly i have no idea how to for example link items
Last edited by DwaneDibbley on Mar 17, 2017, 5:10:35 PM
Why you use Slower Projectiles Support ???

Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support have more damage!!!

I cant unerstand it, sry(
"
WreckinFools wrote:
I'm sorry but I simply cannot figure out how using king of the forest works.
From what I understand, you need roughly 12k evasion just to break even on the -25% movement speed.
And with decent/ good gear. I can only come up to around that much if not a little less.
So if you had say 12k evasion and 170% evasion, wouldnt that be 12k*1.7 = 20k which leaves you with 8k in bonus? Which comes out to around 17% movement speed? Is this right?

I'm not worried about flasks i'm just curious if this is the overall goal of the chest. Or am I missing something?

You can get 3k evasion from jade flask, 100% increase from stibnite and up to 100% from of reflexes flask

"
IceSword wrote:
Why you use Slower Projectiles Support ???

Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support have more damage!!!

I cant unerstand it, sry(

Because it only increases physical part of the dmg, which doesn't double dip on poison
Last edited by IReyn on Mar 17, 2017, 5:24:39 PM
Also PPAD is -10% attack speed.
I feel like I'm way too squishy atm even though my resistances are capped, I'm sitting at around 20k evasion and 4300 life. My attacks Tornado: 11,511.4 and Barrage:7383 tool tip, can someone give me some feedback into how to better my character? Thanks!
Feel free to check my character, LilYachty out to see more specific gear. Thanks!
Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguEJIRLxR1Fr8Zjh9BIXYj0yP2JpUqCypbKwowfDH6MjI1kjY9OdRDMUM2RA1Hfkp9TI5M_02STipRR1LsVUtW-lnwW69d8mHiYqxlTWegaoxsCGyMbydwUnTtdct293fXd-N4DXn2eu99dX8rhKKE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CaapuNnaqgn6LZqKKpbqr4sNi0xbVItfK9Nr6nwBrBM8HYwuzIFMjwy73NmNN-1CPawdvn45_mgepi62Ptg-4O73rxivVv_ro=?accountName=jalowery&characterName=Lilyachty
"
WreckinFools wrote:
From what I understand, you need roughly 12k evasion just to break even on the -25% movement speed.
And with decent/ good gear. I can only come up to around that much if not a little less.
So if you had say 12k evasion and 170% evasion, wouldnt that be 12k*1.7 = 20k which leaves you with 8k in bonus? Which comes out to around 17% movement speed? Is this right?

I'm not worried about flasks i'm just curious if this is the overall goal of the chest. Or am I missing something?

Huh? I hit 18k evasion like 5 levels ago and I'm 88.

"
jalowery wrote:
I feel like I'm way too squishy atm even though my resistances are capped, I'm sitting at around 20k evasion and 4300 life. My attacks Tornado: 11,511.4 and Barrage:7383 tool tip, can someone give me some feedback into how to better my character? Thanks!
Feel free to check my character, LilYachty out to see more specific gear. Thanks!
Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguEJIRLxR1Fr8Zjh9BIXYj0yP2JpUqCypbKwowfDH6MjI1kjY9OdRDMUM2RA1Hfkp9TI5M_02STipRR1LsVUtW-lnwW69d8mHiYqxlTWegaoxsCGyMbydwUnTtdct293fXd-N4DXn2eu99dX8rhKKE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CaapuNnaqgn6LZqKKpbqr4sNi0xbVItfK9Nr6nwBrBM8HYwuzIFMjwy73NmNN-1CPawdvn45_mgepi62Ptg-4O73rxivVv_ro=?accountName=jalowery&characterName=Lilyachty

I wonder why you're using tornado shot outside of elemental reflect maps as Lightning arrow is flat out superior to deliver poison to the whole screen but anyways...I agree. Last map I did was a yellow T11 and it was VERY cringe, died 3 times, constantly getting nearly 1 shotted and I have 5350 HP. t8-t10 is very comfortable but I feel further than this and if I get hit it's very scary.

The whole movement speed thing is fun and fast and all but I'm starting to get concerned this is all a waste of time. I guess I sorta new this going in ( pure evasion) but damn. How is this " easy uber Atziri /uber labs etc when you go WTF SQUISH.

BUT....your HP is very low. You still need to head over to the Marauder area. Also, you need flat chaos damage on your jewelry and level 21 added chaos gems ideally. With out dishing out a lot of damage the build falls apart and you're missing a lot.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 17, 2017, 8:17:13 PM
"
"
WreckinFools wrote:

Huh? I hit 18k evasion like 5 levels ago and I'm 88.

"
jalowery wrote:
Tree:

I wonder why you're using tornado shot outside of elemental reflect maps as Lightning arrow is flat out superior to deliver poison to the whole screen but anyways...I agree. Last map I did was a yellow T11 and it was VERY cringe, died 3 times, constantly getting nearly 1 shotted and I have 5350 HP. t8-t10 is very comfortable but I feel further than this and if I get hit it's very scary.

The whole movement speed thing is fun and fast and all but I'm starting to get concerned this is all a waste of time. I guess I sorta new this going in ( pure evasion) but damn. How is this " easy uber Atziri /uber labs etc when you go WTF SQUISH.

BUT....your HP is very low.

- Nothing about this build makes this easy... The OP is a VERY good archer/player. This build just gives you some of the cheapest/highest/most mobile DPS in the game for bows. It has a very high skill ceiling. I still suck at it, but you can easily do t15 and beyond with this build. It is NOT a facetank build though, that is 100% for sure.
It takes some getting used to, that's for sure. I can do uber lab, reg Atziri while sleeping (have not attempted uber), high maps, but the one guardian I tried I died to. Minotaur not the poison immune pukes.
Censored.
Granted when I said "the last T11 map I did"...was a really bad map, like 250% crit damage, vulnerability, etc.

Ya, it takes getting used to. Unavoidable damage in really badly rolled maps I guess is what erks me. Avoidable damage I can man up and admit it's my fault and L2 move.

Definitely need all the health you can get though. 6k is in reach for me I think but not till 92 or 93 or so.
My gear now ( replaced boots):

Definitely kinda lame to ideally need 2 x 6 links. needing GMP is a drag.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 17, 2017, 10:18:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info