[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"and reading a little more carefully the first page." You dont deserve a reply.
"

"and reading a little more carefully the first page." You dont deserve a reply.

No problem but i was just merely pointing out that if you had read it properly you would have seen that cloth belt is not the same as leather belt.
Same for your flasks one hybrid and one mana are far from what is recommended in the first page .
You also have curse on hit linked with decoy totem and 2 curses.
Curse on hit don't work with totems.

Last edited by Archtenda on Jan 19, 2017, 9:13:50 PM
i've got a leather belt with a little more heal, but it's not really worth since it has lower resistances.
Hello guys, need advice https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xo6ut/characters
lvl 79 but i have only 4.2k hp, what need to change?
Archtenda is going to Tell you to read the First page.
"
Hello guys, need advice https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xo6ut/characters
lvl 79 but i have only 4.2k hp, what need to change?

No it's ok you have a lot of life node at the end.
You should also up you gear to quality 20 ( eg:devoto,snakebite) same for the flask , and maybe change the life to a divine.

"

Archtenda is going to Tell you to read the First page.

Well you're not happy when you don't have answer , and you're not happy have when you have some. You also forget to take coldhearted calculation in the skill three. I'm sure you read that, but hé you don't need intel right ?...
Last edited by Archtenda on Jan 19, 2017, 11:01:12 PM
"
cmphx wrote:
okay so about the shaper discussion.

I posted my breach gear in the gear progression thread, with which i farmed shaper easily I got like 15 sets in total and got extremely lucky with getting 5 flasks or so, which allowed me to gear the super expensive srs later.

For me, it was very easy to farm him, and I never felt stressed. When I do uber atziri, i still feel stressed and under pressure, but not for shaper.

The tricks I did are important so I will list it again here:

I did not have a +2 barrage helmet, nor a dying sun. I covered the lack of those by using point blank keystone, and trying to hit him while standing next to him. thats 40-50% more damage. compared to 4 extra arrows from above: 13/9 = 1.44 so fully covers that.

I did not have vulnerability, but i used temp chain on hit with frenzy, because I had the enchant. Vulnerability would still do more damage than tempchains, but i was too lazy to swap it out.

I changed my boots to Brinerot Whalers. That is significant - 20%phys and 40% projectile damage is a HUGE HUGE boost for this build, and it compensated for not having %chaos damage rings. I can easily swap to those boots, because you do not need ele weakness cap for shaper runs. The bit of life loss was okay.

edit: also getting a sulphur flask is important, instead of silver. sulfur is alot of damage.

Wither totem is extremely important aswell. it needs about 3-4 seconds of uptime to be at full potential, but once you get the wither stacks, its game over for shaper.

With those adjustments, I was able to farm shaper on a fairly decent budget. My runs were always deathless until phase 3. Kite around, wait for a chance to strike, which is, when he is stationary for a bit, and has wither stacks - for example when you see he charges to a beam, place totem immediately, flask up, walk towards him, shoot. This has to be perfomed quickly, and sometimes you get lucky because you already have the totem up, and his beam will not kill it.

In phase 3 I sometimes died, because i didnt care much and made mistakes. The only true problem comes when the portal spawns adds that flicker onto zana; those are almost impossible to defend, and you're better off letting zana die instantly and hope she is back at 100% life before the bubble phase. The other adds are easily killable with barrage and a wither totem up. Stand in the line between zana and the portal and shoot barrage (!) with pots up, and bloodrage, and be sure to be at max charges. Wither totem helps with dmg and slows them.

If he spawns the clone you need to be more careful, and in order to not get offscreened, you need to run around in a way that you have both clones on your screen and watch what they do.

In cases where it gets sketchy, I attache a culling strike gem to my frenzy, instead of faster attacks, to kill him a bit quicker.

Thanks for this post.. i might try that frenzy coh vulnerability or temp chains thing on shaper..
cause seriously, i cant kill him :(

Tried twice, shaper was my goal this league.. but it's so freaking expensive and hard, it's like the same 1% of players do shaper kills every league, the rest just don't even try much cause they don't wanna risk losing all the money on it
IGN gubert
OP made a post with This build for breach league. He takes the skill you Said in the First place, but later hr chances the tree a bit. If you dont mind, i guess you should read the First page.
Oh, in case you dont find, the links are in the FAQ And in the leveling part. And please, dont comment there, its Reading only. Piece.
Dear cmphx,

i ve to to post a second big THANK YOU in this Thread an Hope you maybe will read it. I play poe since Mar 31, 2012 and never had so much fun & progress with a build like this. It is a CHARM. I never done the 6L-Achievement, the Gem level 20-Achievement till NOW!!! I am sure i will get the Vaal Gem 20 Achievement too! And i am only 1 level away from my First Level 90 Character =)

Thank you for not only sharing the build, also a step by step manual during leveling and after this a step by step manual for optimising every itemslot, gem slot and whatsover.

Spoiler

As you can see i invested good currency and i don't regret it.

My next goals are to get some more Fusing Orbs for a 6L Chest. Got a Second 5l (not that good rolled) in the stash tab to be save. And i will collect more Chaos Currency to maybe buy me that sweet projectile Flasks :)

Right now i don't have that great luck with high level Tier Maps. I run about 8-10 Tier Maps all the time. but its really great to feel the strength and potency of this build while leveling all the 20% Quality Gems up again level by level =). Every DING is a great Damage boost. I LOVE IT!

IGN: KiOfTheSt
Last edited by WeanaFlo on Jan 20, 2017, 3:33:10 AM
so following your progression thread im doin the transision from bladefall to bow at last , i have a question tho , ussing curse on hit on gloves now as u do i will miss 1 gem ( my weapon has just a 5 link no 6th gem) so imgoing to lose something that u have , would that be arctic armor ? if not which gem should i skip on my gear until my weapon has 6 gems? thanks a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info