[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
In my case, I get the following stats (ask me if you want a detailed run down how to get those numbers):

Increased physical attack damage: 373%
Increased chaos attack damage: 406%
Increased Poison damage: 424%
Increased Bleed damamge: 355%

from tree.i just found:

76 phys damage
96 proj damage
76 chaos damage
drillneck (90 or 100. considered 90 with additionnal arrow)
12 attack damage

So
phys on hit:76+96+90+12=274
same for other calcul.

Can you explained your numbers? thx a lot.

Hit lv80 on breach today, farming up some maps and clearing most things easily and quickly. some breach mobs gib me fairly hard still - no phase acro and low/no chaos resist makes heavy caster mobs EXTREMELY dangerous (Breaking News; Fire still hot).

general survival was a huge problem leveling starting in Act 3, cruel, but that was mostly due to not having access to any equipment on the first day of the league - resists were shit and I had poor weapons - a Death's Harp and a Goldwrap would have made things trivial. I had a friend running a FOTM totem build carry me through some of the more sketchy bosses and I avoided breaches like the plague until i capped resists and got my starter mapping gear put together.

In retrospect getting someone to carry me through the labyrinths would have made things much easier - the Power Charge bonuses provided by normal+cruel are a huge damage boost.

I was focusing on pDPS bows for leveling, but I suspect that any high dps bow would have been fine.

Don't get discouraged while leveling with this build's relatively low survival - it pulls it together once you hit lv65-70 and get your starting gear sorted out.

Using Decoy Totem to tank bosses and distract high HP packs gives you tons of damage up time, and you can even do silly things like block AOE fireballs with it.

learning to use your Totem and Blink Arrow for mobility are key for not dying horribly with this build.
Hey I'm rather new to PoE and newer to rangers. Blood rage is talked about but it's not in the list of gem links. Does that mean it goes off on its own without a link? Also at what point can it go on? IIRC the gem makes you lose health like Righteous fire, correct? Overall awesome build someone invited me to play with his support build and with all his extra damage I'm tearing it up in Cruel!
Hello! Im a really bad and lazy player ( :( ). Is it necessary to keep frenzycharges up all the time? i just want to run like dried lake and t5-8 Maps to make a bit currency and have fun... is the dmg enough without taking care of frenzy for bosses?
Yes you have to generate frenzy charges to poison, is that or use a poison gem. But even for lazy people like me the Charges are really easy to generate and mantain, you can start shooting to mob packs with blood rage or start with frenzy generate all the Charges activate blood rage and start killing. With all the regen we have the life Globe never go down even a little.
First of all - thanks a bunch for your effort and the great build! I used it in Prophecy and it was so much fun that I'm already playing it successfully in Breach again.

I'm interested in your thoughts about the tree changes you've made in 2.5 so far - going for Assassination seems to be a great boost. Is it wise to pick it over additional life nodes in your opinion?

Maybe you can give us a little more insight when you update your progression thread? Would be cool.

Cheers
Any tips for taking on breach lords? Especially Tul
Thanks again for this guide, it is really well done and helpful. Quick question, what are your thoughts on either a Champion or Slayer ascendancy?

Obviously Champion gets the pera-fort and some decent speed/evasion increases. Slayer seems interesting though, because you get the 20% cull, bleed immune, mega leech, and the two handed damage nodes count for bows. Is this worth it? Or would champion be more useful.
"
shadowraiden wrote:

just checked and you dont even have half your ascendancy no wonder your having issues your missing out on half the build.

I don't really see how that would matter, though. I'm not having issues with mobs not dying. I'm having issues with getting blown up in half a second if I'm within a mile of a Breach. It feels like the build could have a million sheet DPS and it wouldn't make a difference because the survivability against non-attack damage is nonexistent.
With that much damage you can just stand at a wall and oneshot the breachmonsters. Don't forget to jump out of the aoe-effects.

I suggest you to switch to the poison ascendancies while you have just 4 points. I hate the lab and it works so far.

Fantastic build. I am really enjoying this league so far. The only problems are the current price of reach and the small amount of envy essences.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info