[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Im thinking about using this.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lioneye%27s_Vision

So im basicaly playing with a 8 Link from the Reach Bow and Pierce from the Chest. I could replace pierce with anything like physical projectile attack damage/WEP/phys to lightning etc

Edit: Got this in Breach with my first Uber run to get my ascendary point......oh god

Last edited by Raikudou on Dec 8, 2016, 3:05:22 AM
"
picanhaloko wrote:
Hey, Im playing this build on breach, very fun to play. but I have a question towards progression: My gear is not that nice:

I Just now got a 5-link Reach, the bow I was using was:

I have 2 options:

1- Sell, the reach to get gg rings and amy, and try to go for those + arrows from the enchant and drill neck.

2- Stick with the reach

What should I do in your opinion?

Spoiler
From my calculations, in early gear, without + arrows, the reach outclass the death opus. But, with all the + arrows and add chaos from rings the death opus can even outscale the reach. Am I right?

HI

I wouldn't sell reach. Now try to get devo and +1 drillneck. I've check and there is no good jewelery for this build on poe trade. If You have currency try to craft something with essence of envy. It can be expensive but its rly good. I used lots of them but i'm satisfied with effect

also buy second qotf and try to 6l it
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
"
malarix1222 wrote:
"
shadowraiden wrote:

just checked and you dont even have half your ascendancy no wonder your having issues your missing out on half the build.

I don't really see how that would matter, though. I'm not having issues with mobs not dying. I'm having issues with getting blown up in half a second if I'm within a mile of a Breach. It feels like the build could have a million sheet DPS and it wouldn't make a difference because the survivability against non-attack damage is nonexistent.

Sorry but i am not even sure if you are Trolling or serious.

Thats by far the savest bow build i have ever played (and played a couple la/ts builds).

I am lvl 77 with a Tabula ,capped resis and 4,2k life and running <t7 maps easy.
Didnt drop higher ones yet so cant test but would probably be fine till t10 and with slower speed even t11-12.

I am running Hatred and Herald of ice atm what makes me even more squishy.
First because i dont use qotf yet....grace wont give me more movespeed and my evasion is shit atm anyways.
And then i have:

Which are nice with herald of ice cause it applys the on hit effect.

Get instapots rdy and run around in/around breaches..... Shoot 1-2 shots(using FA myself so maybe you only wanna do 1) run a bit shoot again etc... If it gets close run out of the breach a little bit and keep killing stuff from a far until you got your life/flasks back.

My own Questions:
1. As linked above i got these gloves....you think Arctic Armour rly makes that big of a difference or could i stay with herald of ice for the on hit? I feel like AA is overrated cause its only helps if you stand still what you dont rly wanna do as bow char....

2.You say Death Opus would sometimes be even better then Reach ....When? Cant see that its better in any Situation except maybe atziri cause less arrow to fuck up on the mirror one.
And got Deaths Opus and Lioneyes glare. Whats better for Single Target dmg? (Especially Itzaro cause i need to do uber soon)

3.Did the Ascendency notes as the OP Mentioned in the first Post.....So toxic tree last.
Will i still be able to do uber ok? I feel like i should but how much do these last toxic point rly help? Worth respeccing into them if i fail 1-2 times uber?

4.Did you make any adjustements this league on the tree ? If yes why?.

5.Rly nice build.....Tanky as fuck (for a bow guy) and does dmg as hell too.
Played Neversinks and couple other LA/TS builds and this is by far superior, because
it does the same dmg as all these Glasscanons but is super tanky and i running around in a Tabula and not using QOTF yet.

Thx a lot for it.

Ps.as always....Sorry for my bad english :)
Hi all.

Giving this a go and enjoying it at the moment.

If we are looking to maximize the Poison/Bleed damage (As it double dips), should we be taking:

Entropy and two supporting nodes for 47% increased DOT(3 point investment) and/or Growth & Decay 42% increased DOT and 1.4% regen (5 point investment)

Or have i missed out on something?

Thanks!
hey there,

can you give me some advice where to head now / what to upgrade next ?

besides how do you sustain mana ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjREvFr8Zjh9BIXYj0yP2JpUqCypbKwouUzB8Mfo2PTnUQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdS7FVLVYVW-luvXfJh4mKsZU1qjGyMcFJxsHTtdct293fjeu99dX8rgl6EooTZhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jb-PYJAKoJ-i2aXLqviw2LTFtUi3tr02vqfBM8LsyBTI8NN-1CPaweOf62Ptg-4O73r1b_zF_ro=?accountName=hekkktorr&characterName=Kurwakill
Last edited by hekkktorr on Dec 8, 2016, 9:52:30 AM
The node doesn't double dip, so it's not good. Besides increased projectile dmg from drillneck is good enough and it's double dipper(apply once for initially arrow hit, once again in poison application)

Life regen is fineas long you follow the tree. I find 3.8% is good enough to countrr blood rage downside, the additional 1.8% on the left side is luxury (or cherry on top of the cake)

First, I want to post for appreciation for the build. Currently playing in league at lv70, about 4 days (gaming hour 4x 24). It's not fast because I used how all the way from lv1 (didn't notice OP's note on lvling using spell)
It's my first bow char in PoE, and my first league starter. Using Death's Opus with LA+LMP

It's not a family char I used to play, and I doubted it's capability along the way, I just die alot from craps and shit, until I get used to it.

For me, there is few important turning point, first is death harp->frenzy charge (blood rage or frenzy atk). Frenzy charge helps alot due to lack of attack speed invest in the passive tree, as well as blood rage . (I forgot to use it until late 40s)

Second is snakebite, the reward from poison is awesome. Barrage stacks just destroy bosses (I haven't took any poison ascendancy point yet)

And I want to emphasise alot on atkspd during lvl (which OP didn't mention), without it my life was misetable, I hit so slow that I got stuck there, hit by monster ,getting stunned, getting raped. After I made changes to use frenzy charge and blood rage, everything change. Monster obliterated, I'm the last one standing and laugh. Using snakebite early on even reward you more for frenzy charge in term of atkspd. Obvious dmg is more than enough, I didn't really take offensive node early (except pierce node) until I finish the life node (except left side which is far away)

** A question for OP:
I'm using Opus, thus i goes for 4 crit point first due to high crit multi from the weapon. Is it a good choice ? (Whenever I crit, mobs disappear 95% of the time)

*Note: only using 4L btw
Last edited by kariyudan on Dec 8, 2016, 9:48:44 AM
"
hekkktorr wrote:
hey there,

The usual method to sustain is only based on mana leech node at the bottom of skill tree. You could use a mana flask as well. (OP use mana flask on less/no regen maps)

I personally use clarity from early stage of the game until I develop damage and take the leech node. (Didn't have QotF thus didn't use grace early on)
Last edited by kariyudan on Dec 8, 2016, 9:47:09 AM
"
hekkktorr wrote:
hey there,

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjREvFr8Zjh9BIXYj0yP2JpUqCypbKwouUzB8Mfo2PTnUQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdS7FVLVYVW-luvXfJh4mKsZU1qjGyMcFJxsHTtdct293fjeu99dX8rgl6EooTZhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jb-PYJAKoJ-i2aXLqviw2LTFtUi3tr02vqfBM8LsyBTI8NN-1CPaweOf62Ptg-4O73r1b_zF_ro=?accountName=hekkktorr&characterName=Kurwakill

First change your gems. You forget to put price in your wepon and armour
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
You have soe amazing build,

I play my orion the hunter build, it's pure barrage, vaal pact, double curse build, so there deferent.

I have seen the vids, I was woundering how much barrage DPS you got in essence league (with poison without flasks).

I don't think I got the game skills you have to play it, that is why I ask.

I got to about 15M DPS in prophecy, before the reach nerf and the poison nerf and the pierce gem neft :D

Last league I was BV LL, this league I'm orion again.

this is my currenct gear:

I got about 16K with charges tooltip (didn't culc the full damage but I got 11 arrows),

I use poison gem (even with the cospri's will for the sure poison, and for bosses I go to VM gem, tool tip is about 30% higher and the poison is a lot higher, so it feels ok.

still got 1 power charge to take to make it perfect, I'm level 86
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
MrMixez wrote:
"
ruikarikun1 wrote:
I see many profiles with "2 additional barrage projectiles" on devoto's. It is enchant from master? And why it cost so damn hard minimum 20ex?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Enchantment

Thanks. What can you say about +% barrage damage on devoto's is it good? I mean what alternative 2 additional arrows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info