Carnage Mystery Box Videos and Chris on The Lioneye's Watch Podcast

"
t_golgari wrote:

What are you guys talking about? PT was completely polite and showed normal etiquette. As is usual for the host of a podcast when it comes to a guest.
He asked some harder and edgier questions than the other guys. But that is ok and necessary. He even, imho, failed to talk about the negative sides of the atlas he himself talked about last week. He was WAY harder on GGG when Chris was NOT around.
And the way he corrected Chris was perfectly fine. He just made him aware of a little mistake for him to correct himself before Twitter and Reddit and all the other dark places on the internet would explode with "Oh snap Chris doesn't know his own game noob!"

You guys can pick your battles all you want with PT, but right now you are just wrong, plain and simple!

I agree, PT was not rude at all.

Making all kinds of gains.
Yeah PT was definitely the MVP of this episode.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
jahcinto wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:
Even tho i am not a fan of PT, he did proper job in this podcast.

It doesn't matter that GGG employees think that Life is better, what matters are facts. People can tank most dangerous hits with CI builds and live to tell a tale. That's something you cannot do with Life builds.

Chris did elaborate on a fact that devs might be working on some fixes, and thus they view Life as a better thing.

But the matter is - we are not playing on test servers or in devs heads. We are playing a game that is made available to us and thus PTs points are valid.

People can say what they want about PT but hes as straight as shit gets and hes not gonna sugar coat things or let anything slide by.

As far as the life vs ci debate theres no argument at all that getting 12K ES is just as easy if not easier than getting 6-7K life which thats nearly double the value. Now ofcourse you can consider things like Armour and such you can get more of with life much easier than CI and with CI typically all you have is that massive effective pool the thing is with armour for example the harder the hit the less it does so in a one shot situation most times that armour you stack on top of the life pool do nothing in the end for those one shots anyway.

Then you have to look at things like the new ES base belt... Yet NOTHING was added to help with getting more flat life. That Balt alone should have had two versions.. one for ES and one for Life so it keeps them closer together. But releasing more tool to push ES further while keeping life the same is what makes these discrepancies to begin with.

The Kaom's Heart fix or unnerf if you will is to me only a bandaid.. It still wont fix this issue either. All it will do is once again punish players who have invested sometimes EVERYTHING they have ever earned to save to buy this legacy item and give them the shaft while still keeping life where it is. All while making it so the only players who will benefit is players who use the chest. Not to mention the chest is rather limited who can use it. (2H only basically unless you want to run skills on a 4L) Not to mention the MASSIVE fucking shit storm we will see of pissed off players that their 100+ Exalt chest is now worthless effectively. (This is why i decided YEARS ago NEVER to buy into these legacy items to begin with because this can and will happen..)

I would much rather see some of the Tree Nerfs to % life fixed instead. There's enough Flat Life available to push life into good numbers but you can litteraly take every available life node on the tree and still not hit 300% life... While with CI 300% even 350%+ ES can reasonably be done. On top of there being even more flat ES available as well. AND you can still have more nodes left over to put into your builds damage in the end as well.

I played a CI build 2 or 3 leagues ago for my first time and the difference i found was staggering to me. Just how easy it was to get insane effective pools with ES compared to life and then thats not even considering tools available to me like Vaal Disc which is a huge game changer that nothing compares to with life based. On top of this i was still able to get the things that make life good like instant leech and such on my ES for a meager 2 nodes investment.. If i wanted i could have also speced it to get regen much the same. So you can even make ES function much the same as life with such a massive amount more of a pool.

This CI urge was also explained as part of this essence easiness of crafting, it was never just as easy to get that ES pool versus life, the gearing would be somewhat complex financialy -or at least a meta further in the league.

It's like your saying, build your game as only a part of the player community sees fit and fire your devs :P they have an insight we cannot grasp; life builds don't come up only on BM setups, both hybrid and MoM trees are able of pools much higher than those 7k.

While there's clearly an unbalance inbetween a pure life build (hence Kaom) and a es one, it just scaled of some also unbalanced ascendancies - cough flasks - items and league. This is not your everyday game, some things will always appear too short for someone to see at this concept level.

And legacies, it's not as if part of a description or flavour test says these will never be revisited; there's at least one other case where it had several versions. Noone is making people invest in such items, it's a risk and not a reason to stop improving your own game.

+1

Also, it's ironic that now people are saying that CI is better than life due to the Shaper fight when I remember not too long ago people were shitting on CI especially due to the labyrinth traps (Chris even mentioned this regular see-saw effect in player opinions on PoE - and he said the GGG team considers it a plus that things like this change regularly. Btw, so did Lifting and Hege in the podcast) since CI doesn't have any flasks (well, Coruscating Elixir is there, but that's meant for hybrid builds). At various times in PoE's history, CI has been king and a loser at other times.

CI can get huge HP pools, sure, but has to go out of its way to get a bunch of mechanics (Chayula, Dream Frags, Vaal Disc, Zealots Oath, Ghost Reaver, etc.) in order to do what life does by default. That impacts and shapes every build that chooses to go CI. That's the real cost of CI (also, it's considerably more expensive, although that's somewhat less so now compared to before - which is also a small, NOT big i.e. not fundamental, balance issue). Life has to do none of that. The reason CI is in a good spot right now is cos they've over time added too many - and, in some cases, too simple/easy (such as some ascendancies, Skyforth, Vaal Discipline in fights with plenty of mobs to recharge it fully, etc.) - ways to deal with the consequences of going CI. That's something to be expected in a game as complex and constantly evolving as this one. And so they'll correct things over time.

But I disagree that CI is in some 'fundamental' way better than life. CI v/s life debate is nothing like, say, archers v/s melee (wherein archers 'naturally' have more safety cos of distance, although even this can be tweaked via numbers by simply substantially reducing their damage compared to melee). It's more like archers v/s wanders or spellcasters (where it's basically just a numerical comparison). And that's a difference that is much easier to fix without any kind of complete overhaul of core mechanics, just re-balancing (and yes, that includes re-balancing ES downwards if deemed necessary, not just life upwards).
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 19, 2016, 11:07:21 AM
I am all for bringing back kaom's original form. Sure it sucks for people that have legacy ones but I feel like most people play leagues anyway. People complaining that it is expensive but so is good stat, high es armor. It would help to add in some other health items. It doesn't make much sense to make a crystal belt and not make an equivalent health belt. I have friends that after playing es build say they will never go life again because it is so easy to get 10K es, when I have to stick all my stat points into life nodes to get 6-7K life. People always complaining that melee is underpowered maybe if we had more life and could stick our nodes into some other things it would help balance it out.
Last edited by Vampyre1111 on Sep 19, 2016, 12:29:54 PM
"
Vampyre1111 wrote:
I am all for bringing back kaom's original form. Sure it sucks for people that have legacy ones but I feel like most people play leagues anyway. People complaining that it is expensive but so is good stat, high es armor. It would help to add in some other health items. It doesn't make much sense to make a crystal belt and not make an equivalent health belt. I have friends that after playing es build say they will never go life again because it is so easy to get 10K es, when I have to stick all my stat points into life nodes to get 6-7K life. People always complaining that melee is underpowered maybe if we had more life and could stick our nodes into some other things it would help balance it out.

As sad before, bumping the life on ONE specific unique Item through the roof does not deal with the general problem. Adding more life on other Item's (Rares !, let it be the life crystal belt or whatever), is a much better idea though.

Also, just imagine a 2Hand Character without Kaoms, with only Rares and only T1 life rolls on all of them.
It's still less life than 1k Kaoms gives ALONE.
This can't be balanced, 1k Kaoms cannot balance/fix life issues.

PS:

The problem with melee is less about the damage, but more about the mechanic itself, beeing close to mobs is just so many times more dangerous, especially with stuff like volatiles ect. (pls add visual effect finally !). Fortify was a really good idea, unfortunately, it made op-casters even more op due to daggers and whirling blades.
ign: UpForJava
Last edited by Upforsale on Sep 19, 2016, 1:04:34 PM
"
The Carnage Mystery Box launch was a huge success!

Indeed!

At first I didn't like the whole mystery box idea, but now with the changes they made, those boxes are a great way to let us enjoy beautiful new skins!

Thanks GGG! You are the best! It is always a pleasure to send you my hard-earned cash!
Last edited by Schiriki on Sep 19, 2016, 5:41:42 PM
hope i can buy that wings some day :(
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
I bought 166 of these boxes hoping for Vampiric wings and didn't get. The rng is real, especially considering I didn't get any of the new back attachments but 6 of the old tentacle attachments (even though I had one prior). I would not recommend buying so many in future to anyone unless you really want to support ggg as I did. It's a shame all the new mtx's look so good and am going to have to wait to buy the ones I couldn't get when they get released. +1 to artists who made them at ggg tho. :)
Mystery boxes

Ethical Microtransactions

hahahaha get the fuck over yourselves GGG you guys sold out so bad
S L O W E R
Nope, not supporting any more.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info