[2.6] Life Elemental Lacerate/BladeFlurry Inquisitor, Great clear/Damage (Guardian/Shaper viable)

"
Hofagio wrote:
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
Hofagio wrote:
Hello, i've been having alot of fun trying out this build, im doing the vaal pact tree but i have a problem with Herald of Ice, i have around 43% crit chance on both hands, but i stopped being able to freeze mobs, and now it mostly just shocks them, people suggested low Ice damage, could that be it?

And if it is what can i do to fix it, swap wrath with hatred?

You should let us see your character on the site here.

In Privacy Settings within your Account Settings.

But no, never use Hatred with an elemental build. Hatred scales off of physical damage and you deal none.

Ok they should be public now, sorry about that

How recently did you put Elemental Focus in your links? Because... yeah.
Wow, what a blunder from me. Thanks for helping!
"
Hofagio wrote:
Wow, what a blunder from me. Thanks for helping!

No problem :) Otherwise, stacking sources of cold damage (rings/ammy/gloves/gem link) will increase your chill/freeze chances. As Patchumz said, Hatred scales off Physical damage, of which we deal very little.
"
"
getsic wrote:
Hey,

I'm trying to progress through rare yellow maps but I struggle to stay alive, so many things just one shot me. I'm lvl 87 now and I think my gear is decent enought to do yellow maps but no... I don't know how to link the gear here but GetSicEle is the char if someone want to have a look. (should be public).

So I wonder now, is it actually gear that needs to be improved (have a few exalts to spend), talent tree change to armor variant (without VP? How does reflect feel then?) or just git gud?

Armor wouldn't be worth the respec points. The only concern this build should have is the one-shot potential, and armor isn't overly effective against those hits. Evasion+Dodge and a high life pool should be sufficient enough, as long as you're manually dodging the obvious big hits. This build is fast enough with whirling blades and a high APS weapon that it should be easy enough to avoid those hits.

Your gems are the biggest concern I'm seeing. I don't see anything overly concerning about your gear or tree. The biggest issues are:

1) You aren't using Wrath, which is a big damage boost. If you don't have the INT to meet requirements, you can also use Anger which is flat fire damage instead of Lightning.
2) Herald of Thunder isn't very effective at cursing enemies given how quickly they should be dying. Herald of ice works much better. The ice explosion from the first dead enemies quickly curses the surrounding enemies, which give you the chance for power charges when they die.
3) You've got no flat elemental damage in your BF links. If you don't have the chromes to get 3B1G1R, at least replace faster attacks with added cold damage.
4) You should either drop fortify from Whirling Blades, or put it in a 4-link so you can use Blood Magic. The life lost per cast of WB is minimal, and easily leeched back. If you lack enemies, take a sip of your life pot.

This whole build is based on scaling up your elemental damage. Your gear reflects that, but your gem links do not. Switching to Wrath and Added Cold/Added Lightning will greatly boost your DPS output, which in turn greatly boosts your life leeching ability, which in turn boosts your survivability.

Your gear certainly can be improved if you want to spend the currency on it. Non-breach rings with more useful implicits. Amulet with INT to drop the +30 passive point. Personally, since this build is primarily evasion based, I prefer Armor/Evasion or ES/Evasion items to try and keep the evade chance close to 30% or so, while keeping the socket coloring manageable. ES is useless with Blood Rage. If you can cap out your resistances elsewhere, a Rat's Nest is a great DPS boost in the helm slot.

You can also make your tree a little more efficient. If you drop all the points from the Blood Drinker life node and the jewel socket above, and put the points into Golem's Blood and the jewel socket there, you'll save a passive point. (And neither the physical leech or regen are really relevant, so it doesn't matter which one you take. Both give 20% life with all 3 nodes). With the Fatal Blade cluster, it's better to take the 2 multiplier nodes than the single crit chance node. You you make the Golem's Blood change, you'd have the extra point to put there. Elementalist and Catalyze aren't overly effective points. You'd be better off going for Disemboweling for better crit chance and multiplier. You'd be point shy, so you'd probably be best dropping the 4% life node from Thick Skin.

Modified Tree

Whether it's worth the regrets or not is up to you. It won't change a ton, but it should boost your damage and better utilize the points available.

Mostly though, rework your gems and links and you should see some improvement.

Thank you mister! This was exactly the answer I needed. :)

I've started and changes the gems and tree. Already feels better. Now I'm working on capping resists without the helmet so I can start to use a Rat's Nest.

When/if I acquire my acuity and I start respecing into a more tanky (with regen now) tree, should I try for a 6L belly of the beast or go for the brass dome? Basically is the brass dome BiS for the armor tree or belly ?

Edit: To clarify the reason Im going for the gloves isn't because I think they are a must for the build, but simply to step it up a notch since I really enjoy it. I am lvl90 and I want to reduce some of my sporadic deaths in red maps.
Last edited by EltonMayo on Dec 21, 2016, 5:05:06 PM
"
greenimp77 wrote:
"
joe1121 wrote:
How much damage are you doing with Blade Flurry? Mine says 4k, is this too low?

I'm around 7.5k in my hideout. 15k fully buffed.

How you get so high dmg? What is wrong with my build that i have few times lower dmg (less than 4k fully buffed)?
First thing might be that he's using Warchief rather than protector, for a damage bonus rather than an attack speed bonus.

Your right ring and amulet (right on character portrait) have no WED

Beyond that, there are playstyle concerns that you can look at, like whether you really need/want increased AoE at the expense of added lightning. He's also got gloves that give 20% melee damage, and a better catalyst (95% elemental, rather than 85% and more crit chance).

Also, his weapon is crafted for crit chance rather than attack speed as well. Remember that Blade Flurry only shows "average damage" rather than "DPS", and he's gone for heavier single hits at the expense of speed, with a fair bit of splashed in +eledmgtoattacks in his jewelery slots.

First thing you do is replace that right ring with something with WED, and see what happens when you swap out the area of effect radius with added lightning. I'll bet you'll be a lot closer than you think.
For reference, this is my gear setup that gives me 7500 sheet average damage sitting in hideout.

So you can compare/contrast what I have to see where you differ. I didn't check the other guy's stats to see how he obtained 7500 average damage, but I assume it's similar.
El Psy Congroo.
Hi there! Im following your build, so far it's awesome... still i don't have much luck with currency, but now im ok... i would like to know what should i improve (a lot, i know) and wich items do u recomend me... i have 30c to invest

My gear
Spoiler

Any advice is wellcome!!

PS. Sorry about my bad english
"
LeSoulz wrote:
Hi there! Im following your build, so far it's awesome... still i don't have much luck with currency, but now im ok... i would like to know what should i improve (a lot, i know) and wich items do u recomend me... i have 30c to invest

My gear
Spoiler

Any advice is wellcome!!

PS. Sorry about my bad english

If you can manage it, 60+ life on every piece of gear. Should only cost you 5c per piece if you look around and get lucky with resists. Probably the most significant upgrade.
El Psy Congroo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info