Enchanting Two-Toned boots lost my implicit??

Wasn't thinking when I finished my lab either:
"Mmm, helmet enchant is still meh"
"Boots haven't got one, looking to upgrade"
"Oh these good gloves don't have one either - let's!"

16% spiked 2Ex gloves semi-wrecked. Well crap.

Would've been nice to be able to Blessed Orb them or whatever. But yeah.

For what it's worth, I did realize the second I clicked, played since beta...

Time to hit up poe.trade again to buy something equivalent...
Last edited by unicron on Dec 13, 2016, 7:50:34 PM
I did it too w/pair of spiked gloves. Just didn't think about it. :( And I knew from experience what happens when I got my first bone helmet.
Censored.
2016 and this is still a problem, and being posted on the forums.

Dunno if it's been posted already, but here is the explanation:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1592018

That said, I wasn't aware of it. I think it's slightly unintuitive.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
There's nothing wrong with the interaction, one may argue both implicits should exist, but it's the developer's decision. What's wrong is there's no warning pop-up message."This enchant will replace the implicit of the item, do you want to continue? Y/N", or of a kind.

As usual, ggg are very bad on minor details and QoL. Great ideas, but poor implementation and lack of polishing.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I'm no noob, but this may be a noob question: If you use a Blessed Orb on Two-Toned boots that have an enchant, doesn't it remove the enchant and replace it with the normal implicit? (because that would be sensible)

Edit: maybe not, Blessed Orbs randomize the current numeric values of an implicit, rather than replacing it. Still, it would be nice if the Blessed Orb restored the default implicit.
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Last edited by TúrinTurambar on Dec 14, 2016, 7:20:52 AM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
WARNING: Enchantments replace other implicit modifiers, including previous enchantments.

WARNING: Not all enchantments are of equal value for all characters.

WARNING: The enchantment your item receives will be randomly selected from a pool of possible enchantments.

WARNING: An enchantment can not be removed, only replaced by another implicit from either corrupting the item or re-enchanting it. Would you like to read the warnings for 'corruption'?

WARNING: The Enchantment Font does not allow you to select your Ascendancy.

WARNING: Apart from the "Twice Enchanted" prophecy; if you receive an enchantment you do not want, you will need to re-run the Labyrinth to try again.

WARNING: Apart from the "Twice Enchanted" prophecy, the Enchantment Font can only be used once per successful Labyrinth run.

WARNING: Enchantments can increase the level requirement to equip the item.

WARNING: Not using the Enchantment Font will not allow you to use it twice in your next successful Labyrinth run.

WARNING: If you exit the Labyrinth before using the Enchantment Font you will not be able to return to that particular instance of the Labyrinth.

WARNING: Enchanting the incorrect item by mistake will not grant you a re-do for that particular use of the Enchantment Font.

ARE YOU CERTAIN YOU WANT TO ENCHANT THIS ITEM?

"
"Dude wtf i enchanted the wrong item and now its not letting me do it again"

"
"omfg let me just enchant already, nobody reads this crap anyway"

"
"hay how do i change an enchantment? i got leech and i'm a summoner lol"

"
"Uuuuugh. Yes, I understand already why do we have to have so many warnings?!"

"
"Wait, what? What's an Enchantment Font and where do I find one?"

You forgot one...

WARNING: Enchanting a corrupted item, where the corruption gave an implicit, will overwrite the corrupted implicit. The item can then not be corrupted again.

Its really not too hard to figure out...
Last edited by TrueDarkend on Dec 14, 2016, 5:54:10 PM
"
Bipolartuna wrote:
2016 and this is still a problem, and being posted on the forums.

Ascendancy was released in 2016, so yeah, it is going to be discussed in the same year [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Dec 14, 2016, 8:10:20 PM
There is one of these threads every week. To be fair, GGG has held hands in the past, namely locking down 6 linked items so you cant roll past them.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
LOL

I just came back to the game for breach. Only played a little close to launch. Just nuked the fingerless gloves I had bought yesterday. Feels bad man. I feel like you should be able to have an option to remedy this, but oh well. Items with implicit stats could have some crafting formula to reroll the implicit back to a random # within its range.

Either way, sucks big time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info